2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

6 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So after last night what do we reckon is needed. 

Right back

Left back

A younger midfielder, indeed perhaps 2

It seriously showed that last year it was a squad simply to get out of League 1, Ipswich and Plymouth are miles ahead in terms of readiness for the Championship.

I think we need a left back.

We desperately need two top quality midfield players, we can’t rely on Byers - we won’t get 30 games this season.

We also need a goalscorer and a left footed flyer.

Pace and craft. It’s that simple.

36 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I think we need a left back.

We desperately need two top quality midfield players, we can’t rely on Byers - we won’t get 30 games this season.

We also need a goalscorer and a left footed flyer.

Pace and craft. It’s that simple.

Crying out for a left back. 

I thought Paterson had a decent game at RB to be fair to him.

Like you say KM, pace is what we need - Saints had that all over the pitch last night.

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

If we get 2 midfielders and another striker should Smith go I think we’re good at that 

Probably need a left back too and maybe even another winger given the emphasis on them. One CM might do if he’s box to box or a quality defensive mid. I’d like to see what Shipston can do too, I think he’d surprise people and is more Byers than Bannan with that tackling. Certainly needs a quality striker which you’d hope we have lined up in principle if we’re contemplating moving smith on. 

Seems like an even taller version of Panuche Camara. Clearly wanting a player who can drive forward with the ball. Probably a bit down the pecking order behind Camara and Onomah but seems another one who could be good or better than those above if he adapts. We have a few of those now though. I think we really need that but of quality in the final third, fingers crossed.

Diaby a gamble and possibly lower on the list than Camara and Onomah, although I’m not sure why given Camaras injury record. Nonetheless that kind of rangy midfielder is exactly what we need. Just need some more pace and directness in attack now in an ideal world at least. Maybe we are done but gut feel is we will be looking at loans.