2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

He’s decent but as mentioned he’s struggled higher up.

Then again. Dropping down a peg or two maybe, is what he needed to get back on track?

He's been at MK, Swindon and now Stockport, after struggling in Lg1 with Ipswich.

He gets the hype cos he was scouted by Barca as a kid.

32 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yes must admit just heard about him. First time seen him live.

Definitely potential there to go higher

He's carried a lot of baggage for his age. First English player to join Barcelona's academy after being scouted from West Brom at 16. PSG also wanted him. League shut downs due to Covid saw him coming back to England with Villa. Scored against Liverpool on his debut and Klopp likened him to Vardy, then he disappeared. 

Unsuccessful loans at Ipswich and MK and so so loans at Salford and Swindon have seem some question if he was just good at his age level. 

Seems to be doing ok at Stockport and may be recalled to go higher in January but it's a big step up to the Championship. Plus we already have Cadamarteri and Phuthi to step up within the positions he plays. 

At a place like Stockport I could see Cadamarteri having the same effect with the way he's playing this season. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tylluan said:

He's carried a lot of baggage for his age. First English player to join Barcelona's academy after being scouted from West Brom at 16. PSG also wanted him. League shut downs due to Covid saw him coming back to England with Villa. Scored against Liverpool on his debut and Klopp likened him to Vardy, then he disappeared. 

Unsuccessful loans at Ipswich and MK and so so loans at Salford and Swindon have seem some question if he was just good at his age level. 

Seems to be doing ok at Stockport and may be recalled to go higher in January but it's a big step up to the Championship. Plus we already have Cadamarteri and Phuthi to step up within the positions he plays. 

At a place like Stockport I could see Cadamarteri having the same effect with the way he's playing this season. 

Thanks 4 that. Tbh a lot I didn't know re his background.

To me he's a very different player to Cadamarteri but yes he might have a similar effect although Barry has more experience and he looks thetype of player we haven't got. I'd definitely take a chance with a loan for 6 months 

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Thanks 4 that. Tbh a lot I didn't know re his background.

To me he's a very different player to Cadamarteri but yes he might have a similar effect although Barry has more experience and he looks thetype of player we haven't got. I'd definitely take a chance with a loan for 6 months 

You'd take a chance using up a loan spot on a kid that has struggled to make an impact above League Two. Logical, he can join your mate Jack Diamond.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Hardly surprising, assuming he came on ahead of Vaulks Saturday to be give a chance. Blew it if so, disgusting performance

He was horrifically bad on Saturday wasn't he. I recall one bit down the right hand side on half way, when a simple ball square would have sufficed to keep possession, but he tried a little cushioned side foot of the ball over the man closing him down. It hit the Millwall man, came back to back to him, so he tried it again... and hit the man again, and lost possession. It was only a little thing, but was the perfect example of what he's brought to our table since he's been here.

Hendrick has never been consistent, even when he broke through at Derby he blew hot and cold. Luckily for them Derby managed to move him on during a hot spell and Burnley managed to do the same when they shipped him to Newcastle. 

His form seems to coincide with team fortunes. He's non existent when a team struggles. When Derby had dips then so did Hendrick, same at Burnley but he was a proper engine when they were marching to a Europa League spot. Being sent off and Bruce leaving did for his Newcastle career. QPR were struggling and he was abismal. When Reading were in 3rd he was the local media's darling but when they nosedived towards the bottom he became a passenger. Nothing came off for him no matter how hard he tried. 

I honestly don't know where he'll end up next as his time with us, QPR, and Reading shows he's no good at the bottom end of the Championship and I can't see a Leeds or Norwich taking a punt. His Mrs is Scottish so maybe he'll move North. 

4 hours ago, Reesh said:

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Dithering Chansiri at it again, no updates on the additional 2 coaches Rohl wants too it seems

@Neville Facking Bartos This isn't DR giving a new interview to the Star. This is Alex Miller cobbling together soundbites from a couple of previous pieces to create a 'new' story. The fact it's being accompanied by an old post match YouTube clip is also a giveaway. 

For what it's worth the coach Rohl wants isn't a free agent and negotiations are ongoing. And if what I'm hearing is correct then the HoR Rohl wants is also attached to a club. Danny wants to bring in his own person like Bruce did with Downes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's chatter in my world that we're tracking Amad Diallo's recovery and we're looking to position ourselves at the front of the queue if Man Utd decide to send him out on loan. 

3 in 10 for Rangers in 20/21, and 14 in 39 for Sunderland last season, playing as a winger. He can also play the 'Bellingham' link role. Two footed, very quick, and good vision. My only concern is he's just had 4 month's out with a knee injury but, if the rumours are true, then in Danny we trust. 

This may be Beadell using his links already. 

So to free up space for Mo Diaby, plus any others, who goes.

Would you cash in on any of the following who there'll be a few L1 clubs interested :

Smith

Gregory 

Windass

Palmer

James

Do any of the following go back to parent clubs (if possible)

Vasquez 

Hendrick 

Buckley

Say we've got 3 spaces now and £3m to spend plus 3 U23 Loans, where you spending and on who?

13 hours ago, Andyben said:

So to free up space for Mo Diaby, plus any others, who goes.

Would you cash in on any of the following who there'll be a few L1 clubs interested :

Smith

Gregory 

Windass

Palmer

James

Do any of the following go back to parent clubs (if possible)

Vasquez 

Hendrick 

Buckley

Say we've got 3 spaces now and £3m to spend plus 3 U23 Loans, where you spending and on who?

Smith - keep

Gregory - thank you but your time is up, should never been given a years extension in the first place imo.

Windass - keep

Palmer - squad player

James - loan out

Bakinson - bye bye 

Wilks - bye bye (lost patience with him)

Vasquez - keep 

Hendricks - back to Geordie land

Buckley - keep - like the kid, think he can offer this squad alot.

Fletcher - o dear o dear, I've seen better Sunday league players - bye bye

3 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Smith - keep

Gregory - thank you but your time is up, should never been given a years extension in the first place imo.

Windass - keep

Palmer - squad player

James - loan out

Bakinson - bye bye 

Wilks - bye bye (lost patience with him)

Vasquez - keep 

Hendricks - back to Geordie land

Buckley - keep - like the kid, think he can offer this squad alot.

Fletcher - o dear o dear, I've seen better Sunday league players - bye bye

Is it the tablets or are you just a bit simple?

On 10/12/2023 at 07:56, Tylluan said:

There's chatter in my world that we're tracking Amad Diallo's recovery and we're looking to position ourselves at the front of the queue if Man Utd decide to send him out on loan. 

3 in 10 for Rangers in 20/21, and 14 in 39 for Sunderland last season, playing as a winger. He can also play the 'Bellingham' link role. Two footed, very quick, and good vision. My only concern is he's just had 4 month's out with a knee injury but, if the rumours are true, then in Danny we trust. 

This may be Beadell using his links already. 

That would do for me 

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If allowed to would terminate the loans of Fletcher and Hendrick.  Quite like Buckley but has not really had much game time so that one may be out of our hands. 

As long as bringing a Striker in would allow Gregory to leave either on a free or a loan to a League one Club and the same with Bakinson. 

I don't dislike Buckley, but given his game time seems to have been reduced to bit part player, I suspect championship level wages could be better utilised elsewhere