2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

5 minutes ago, Andyben said:

If he signs, would you send BTC out on loan (with a nice new contract)

If two out of Windass, Smith and Gregory end up staying and we find a club that plays football and isn't in a relegation dogfight then I'd send him out on guaranteed game time. Someone like Oxford or maybe even Wimbledon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

And what facts do you have to back that up that statement, you being a pedant n all?

What facts do I need to prove you're docile, people can see your posts....proof enough. 

9 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I can’t see Blackburn having the financial headroom to make that happen if the rumours are to be believed.

Maybe they’re trying to whip up a bidding war!

Aren’t they selling Wharton for 20m? It seems like another one we might ultimately lose out on due to league position 

38 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Been told we are ALSO after Aaron Collins at Bristol Rovers. Bolton and Charlton have bid for him.

Its two forwards we are trying to bring in.

He's not been on form this season has he?

US journos reporting Blackburn have offered better payment structure than us so they will pick McGuire up. Suspect things change quickly with these things but seems like more frustration.

Would take Collins though as he looked championship quality last season and may just need a new lease of life

5 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

As opposed to Windass?

Yes. He can be too but it's one of the reasons he's got his goals in the past.  Early, accurate shots.  

So far the kid generally hasn't got that yet. Tends to snatch at them, sometimes when he's got teammates ready for a tap-in.  

I think he'll be a top player. I just hope some of it will be for us.  For now it's good to have the excitement!

Edited by Owling_Wolf

Just now, Owling_Wolf said:

Yes. He can be too but it's one of the reasons he's got his goals in the past.  Early, accurate shots.  

So far the kid generally hasn't got that yet. Tends to snatch at them, sometimes when he's got teammates ready for a tap-in.  

I think he'll be a top player. I just hope some of it will be for us.

Neither does Windass this season. He's wasted the most shots this season, as well as taking a few where an easy layoff was available.

DG has 2 good goals and seems to be getting more confident every game, he's going to start ripping teams up soon and offers us something that could surprise better teams, whereas Windass is a bit of a flat track bully, only really performs when we're already on top.

28 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Neither does Windass this season. He's wasted the most shots this season, as well as taking a few where an easy layoff was available.

DG has 2 good goals and seems to be getting more confident every game, he's going to start ripping teams up soon and offers us something that could surprise better teams, whereas Windass is a bit of a flat track bully, only really performs when we're already on top.

As I said re. Windass, in the past.  Until DR came, it was an uphill battle for Windass when he played: a terrible team and awful tactics & positions. From what I remember JD virtually didn't play.  

Hopefully JD will learn the 'when and when nots' with us and rapidly. We've apparently got good coaches.  He needs to be the difference for us right now: we haven't any time to spare.  There's a reason why opponents have started to kick the shit out of him. (Southampton were shocking!)  

DR also needs to figure out what's gone wrong with Musaba recently. 

2 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

DR also needs to figure out what's gone wrong with Musaba recently. 

The Bannan/Windass/Johnson left midfield triangle is what's wrong with Musaba, with a bit of Palmer thrown in.

Get them together and they only pass ro each other, unless it's a floater into the box. Gassama has been making his own luck, but Musaba (and Valentin) has been in loads of space numerous times and has been ignored in favour of squeezing a ball to one of the other amigos. He's only fell off since those three were reunited.

Musaba is built for running, but gets the ball in tight spots constantly, so has Gassama, when they should be played in with the ball in front.

Musaba has 4 goals and 2 assists, so his decision making can't be that bad, also has the best Goals to xG and assists to xA, showing he's taking the opportunities.

• Like 1

Musaba was a major part of our excellent December.  Since then - and I readilly accept the better quality opponents - he's another one that runs far with the ball but refuses to pass: probably even more than JD. 

Btw, Johnson has been superb since his return, including in a rôle that doesn't suit him at times. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf

On 28/01/2024 at 12:12, KrolMong said:

I’ve heard off a reliable source that there is a flurry of business in the next 48 hours. Out and In.

Do we know what 48 hours constitutes? Is it the same as Les' two weeks?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Reesh said:

What facts do I need to prove you're docile, people can see your posts....proof enough. 

Read the definition of docile, you’ll find it contradicts your point of view and my posts.
Not good for grammar and written word narcissist pedant like yourself.

6 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Read the definition of docile, you’ll find it contradicts your point of view and my posts.
Not good for grammar and written word narcissist pedant like yourself.

Well done, here's another crayon for you to eat.

18 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Things will all be locked in brinksmanship until later today or early tomorrow, happens every window

And it's like dominoes falling, when one club completes a deal it usually triggers further movements.

40 minutes ago, Reesh said:

And it's like dominoes falling, when one club completes a deal it usually triggers further movements.

Yep a few happened yesterday so hopefully knock ons take place now. Doesn’t stop a lot of people jumping to conclusions on social media though just need to see where we are Friday AM.

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

Yep a few happened yesterday so hopefully knock ons take place now. Doesn’t stop a lot of people jumping to conclusions on social media though just need to see where we are Friday AM.

Hopefully three points better off than today! 🙂

• Like 2