2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

5 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Blackburn press reporting he’s in Sheffield now and pied them after breakdown so they’re looking elsewhere 

Apparantly, per X, his mum has unfollowed Blackburn and began following Wednesday!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Byers left on loan

Nothing but best wishes for the guy. Some great memories, he cared about the club and will be remembered fondly.

Also good to see we’re being decisive and fair with those that Rohl doesn’t see as being in his plans long term. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

So, talk is that McGuire is at the Mercure (Kenwood Hall)....  Must admit the pic I've seen on Twitter does look like it.

Having watched Michael McIntyre where he woke up Bradley Walsh recently, I can confirm this.  

Just now, Owling_Wolf said:

I seem to recall that he didn't get off to a great start when first signed, like Johnson, etc. And like him he more than made up for it later. A real fan favourite: 'the right stuff'. 

was out till feb/march wasnt he

21 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Might be his club & Blackburn.

Was a bit tongue in cheek Owling. We need a decisive clinical striker. I hope we get him but I feel Orlando are just living in Disneyland with their valuation and taking the Mickey.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Biggest question for me is can we stay up with what we have if plans don't come together and feels a fucking tall order given games left and points so far

They can but needs some luck. Obviously a bit of quality might just give everyone a lift. 

Bizarrely whether I’m clutching at straws but I’m quietly excited about this lad. I think he’ll suit our high press style really well and not a massive financial outlay so that’s a positive.

Welcome and good luck.