23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

20 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I wouldn't know but I'd love to read it, don't suppose you have a link do you?

At the time Pulis was coming in I stuck up for him. 

I'm the past I used to help out on FA coaching courses, being the 'canon fodder' to be coached in practical sessions etc, and the FA regularly brought Pulis in to do guest sessions. The ones that I'd taken part in were a world away from his Stoke team and almost continental in there application of tactical positioning and awareness in regard to pass and movement. 

I championed him saying his Stoke team was just one side to him and that if we got the Pulis I'd seen then we'd have made a good choice. 

Unfortunately the only side we got was a manager who didn't fancy it from day one and has since said that he should never have taken the job. But I still coach some of the stuff I learned in those sessions and it still works. 

• Thanks 1

If there’s one crumb of comfort I’ll try to take from tonight’s result is that it will be even nicer to hopefully see them bastards lose at Wembley! 

That really would be the cherry on top of the icing of the cake!

15 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

If there’s one crumb of comfort I’ll try to take from tonight’s result is that it will be even nicer to hopefully see them bastards lose at Wembley! 

That really would be the cherry on top of the icing of the cake!

Let’s hope they fuck up again.They’ve had six attempts and lost every one.

Problem being that the unsuccessful 3 teams will probably dominate again next season.

Pigs might put a fight up, Luton will probably implode but Burnley will make it 4 to beat next season 

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

6 playoffs or 6 playoff finals?

They’ve never won a playoff final and this makes it attempt number six or seven. I’ve seen both figures quoted in trying to find out the information.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, fOWLmouth said:

They’ve never won a playoff final and this makes it attempt number six or seven. I’ve seen both figures quoted in trying to find out the information.

Pigs have never won a playoff final either in how many attempts? Must be 6 or 7 too

2 hours ago, wollowl said:

Pigs have never won a playoff final either in how many attempts? Must be 6 or 7 too

32 minutes ago, fOWLmouth said:

Couldn’t happen to two more worthy teams.

Just hope they never meet in one. 

They'll both be playing to lose. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wollowl said:

I think they have been involved in play offs about 9 times now, this is including when promotion and relegation teams were involved in same play offs when they first started in 1980s. 

They got relegated after losing against Bristol City. 

Pitch invasions have become standard this year. 
Won the league? Have a pitch invasion. 
Finished 2nd? Have a pitch invasion. 
Play-offs? Have a pitch invasion. 
Assuming the EFL are firing out “failure to control fans” fines to all clubs. 

It would be unfair if it was just us, wouldn’t it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bradowl said:

I think they have been involved in play offs about 9 times now, this is including when promotion and relegation teams were involved in same play offs when they first started in 1980s. 

They got relegated after losing against Bristol City. 

The only glitch is they get automatic promotions to the premier, we don't.

1 hour ago, Bob Petrie said:

IMG_5275.jpeg.3e04f1435f810aa82cdb2db7e517aadd.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Petrie said:

Don't forget Birmingham invading (of sorts) upon relegation!

Posted (edited)

I think some Bolton fans have underestimated Oxford, beating Plymouth 4-0 in EFL trophy final last season made em feel like they only had turn up today, some were saying they'll do an Ipswich and will be in premier league in 12 months. 

Oxford deserve lead. 

Edited by bradowl

28 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

And thoroughly deserved as well, by far the better team. Got the impression Bolton thought they were home and dry after beating Barnsley in the semi's, just goes to show you just can't take anything for granted.

Oxford were just so good all over the pitch and Bolton just looked clueless.

Bolton were very poor, cousin supports them, I think I'll wait till tomorrow to ask him how day went. 😄

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Oxford were just so good all over the pitch and Bolton just looked clueless.

Although he blew a bit hot and cold at Notts County I said we should have taken a punt on Ruben Rodrigues when he moved on a free to Oxford. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Finney said:

Tufty looks like he's turning to youth and it looks like they have some talent there but we'll see, it could work the other way.

He's got to turn to their academy as he hasn't got a pot to piss in, transfer wise, and he's only got the wages of the leaving players to use to entice a player or two in. 

Trouble is anyone standing out will be immediately sold to keep balancing the Macquarie loans. 

• Like 1

Arsenal kicking themselves over that disaster at Christmas when they lost to Fulham and West Ham, as well as the late season defeat at home to Villa.

City, relentless, as always, will take some stopping next year even after the squad trim.

I am actually a little sad to see Klopp go, I do like him, and Liverpool will fall like a stone, which I will also find funny.

Chelsea appeared to have turned a corner. I think we will soon see that Ange is not great, and Ten Haag is gone after the cup final.

The bottom three have been appalling this season, Luton, with a smallest resources had a go, but Burnley and the pigs have been an embarrassment. As has been alluded to, the pigs are in right mess financially, the only way they generate cash is selling players, and they’ve got a 50 million wage bill to halve by the end of July.

20 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I hope you're right mate, about the finances thing anyway. I know you mentioned they were after Johansson the other day from Rotherham with him eventually going off to Stoke. Then there was a story in The Stir (admittedly) saying they were linked with Patterson the Sunderland keeper.

I'd like to think that next season could be the start of the scales starting to tip the other way and that'll be dependant on their finances.

It's common fucking knowledge to anyone with a single brain cell. 

36 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I hope you're right mate, about the finances thing anyway. I know you mentioned they were after Johansson the other day from Rotherham with him eventually going off to Stoke. Then there was a story in The Stir (admittedly) saying they were linked with Patterson the Sunderland keeper.

I'd like to think that next season could be the start of the scales starting to tip the other way and that'll be dependant on their finances.

What pigs will do is put it out that they have put this bid in and that bid in for players that they haven't got a prayer of signing just to make out to fans that they are showing some ambition. 

They did same lass summer, all I heard from them at work was that they had bid £20m for this player, £15m for that player.

Most of them fall for it too. 🤣