23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

14 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

So, the 23/24 season has ended then....... 

Technically it's not over until the EFL and the PL have held their AGMs and ratified the league standings. 

Just saying 

11 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Technically it's not over until the EFL and the PL have held their AGMs and ratified the league standings. 

Just saying 

Not being shown on Sky so it doesn't count 

• Haha 1

Looking at the line up.

There's probably only Pickford, Eze and Palmer who are up to Tier 1 International class in their respective positions.

I'm struggling to understand why the FA have persisted so long with him

• Like 1

Did Jill Scott just say they’re giving Bosnia too much respect?  In the last 12 months they’ve lost to Slovakia, Iceland and Luxembourg.  🙄 Any respect at all is arguably too much.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, owl71 said:

Did Jill Scott just say they’re giving Bosnia too much respect?  In the last 12 months they’ve lost to Slovakia, Iceland and Luxembourg.  🙄 Any respect at all is arguably too much.

Didn't England lose to Iceland once?

Edited by Owling_Wolf

Thats probably it for Watkins. I don’t think he’ll make the plane. England have huffed and puffed, but the only quality has come from Alexander-Arnold and Palmer from the starters. And then Kane and Grealish from the subs, Gallagher has had a good second 45. Eze was poor. The back four and keeper had nothing to do.

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Thats probably it for Watkins. I don’t think he’ll make the plane. England have huffed and puffed, but the only quality has come from Alexander-Arnold and Palmer from the starters. And then Kane and Grealish from the subs, Gallagher has had a good second 45. Eze was poor. The back four and keeper had nothing to do.

Knowing Southgate, thats him certainly on the plane then 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

England have to change their style too much to get the best out of Watkins. He reminds me of Vardy in that regard, club set up to play his style, but country has better options. 

Edited by Gamblor
  • Like 1

If Kane gets crocked then England have to change their style to get the best out of Watkins, Toney, or Gordon and that's something Southgate will never do so whoever is on the plane will have their ability negated by the manager. 

Or Southgate could completely shit his bed and play a false 9 to accommodate a floating interchangable front 3 with Bellingham in behind. But there's more chance of the Faroes reaching the next World Cup than that happening. 

I thought Eze was typical Eze in that he lost the ball a lot but in the first half he was the only one to change his pace and actually try and get past a player. But he came out in the 2nd half as if he'd been told "stop doing that son, you're playing for England now"

I’m going to make a wild suggestion.

If Shaw is not fit I’m putting Saka in at left back. I’d even play him there in the next friendly. We looked really unbalanced last night down the left with Trippier, Konsa and Gomez.

If there is one position we have a wealth of players it is behind Kane.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Andyben said:

Morning @Tylluan....😂 

It's just another reason why Page has to go, which was echoed by fans who'd travelled chanting for him to be sacked. 

I get it was an ideal time to field a youthful side but it was like they didn't study the Scotland game and just tried the same thing. 

There's an exciting, by our standards, crop of players coming through all at the same time who should be around for years to come but Page just crushed any playing style out of them yesterday. 

Sooner he's gone the better

Edited by Tylluan

18 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

It's just another reason why Page has to go, which was echoed by fans who'd travelled chanting for him to be sacked. 

I get it was an ideal time to field a youthful side but it was like they didn't study the Scotland game and just tried the same thing. 

There's an exciting, by our standards, crop of players coming through all at the same time who should be around for years to come but Page just crushed any playing style out of them yesterday. 

Sooner he's gone the better

I assumed his days were numbered once Steve Cooper became available. 

12 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Decisions, decisions. I’m a bit at a loss tonight. I’m not big into watching England TBH so what to watch/listen to tonight, the ladies talking about the football, or the ladies talking about politics and the general election or should I just go with what I know and listen to the wife.

Gardeners World was nice though me and Mrs MK had a minor disagreement over where Monty Don placed a pot in his garden.

Watching the grass grow was preferable to watching England. The vegetables were more intelligent than the politicians.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Football aid been fairly good fun, 2-2 at half time

They don’t even call it that though, fucking “Soccer”. 🤬

Instead I watched  the Taffs being narrowly edged out 4-0 by a Slovakia team who rarely got out of third gear.  

8 minutes ago, owl71 said:

They don’t even call it that though, fucking “Soccer”. 🤬

Instead I watched  the Taffs being narrowly edged out 4-0 by a Slovakia team who rarely got out of third gear.  

Aye, why I wrote it as I did. 16 million quid to UNICEF well worth it.

10 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Aye, why I wrote it as I did. 16 million quid to UNICEF well worth it.

That'll be a pay increase for the head of unicef then on top of his £700k pa

44 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

What a cynical bunch 🤣

My cynicism really arose circa 30 years ago, where I worked in Sheffield back then I got the gig of doing some local charity accounts. About 70% of the funding was spent on staff costs, most of that seemed to be admin. 

The main aspect was that the charities were linked, each had a day to day exec overseen by independent Trustees. Albeit the fact the Trustees of one were the Exec of another and vice versa. Umm I thought they were voting on each others pay rises and as Private Eye magazine would state "trebles all round"

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

My cynicism really arose circa 30 years ago, where I worked in Sheffield back then I got the gig of doing some local charity accounts. About 70% of the funding was spent on staff costs, most of that seemed to be admin. 

The main aspect was that the charities were linked, each had a day to day exec overseen by independent Trustees. Albeit the fact the Trustees of one were the Exec of another and vice versa. Umm I thought they were voting on each others pay rises and as Private Eye magazine would state "trebles all round"

Still the same now in the NFP sector

I was shocked about this.

MD of a company I used to deal with, told me when they bought the travel division from RBL.  When they delved into the accounts, the old boys at the the top were taking free trips all over the world, taking their wives with them, 5 star hotels, flying business class doing the trips featured in the brochure.  Not working, just taking free holidays.

All paid for by those poppies that millions of people buy.  

• Sad 2