23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

You see this cricket thing amuses me.

We can talk about a sport just because Wednesday was spawned from a cricket club 156 years ago but not a popular sport in 2023.

If only admin were as fond of a different sport than cricket, we might be able to all join in.

26 minutes ago, Skamp said:

We can talk about a sport just because Wednesday was spawned from a cricket club 156 years ago but not a popular sport in 2023.

If only admin were as fond of a different sport than cricket, we might be able to all join in.

I doubt it. 🤣

43 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Fuck off Tinsley Tim

16 hours ago, Beaconowl said:

Amazing game! I fear for England next weekend 

Depends how we approach it Beacon, if we try to go toe to toe with them, we will get trounced, but Ireland and France have shown the Saffers are far from unbeatable (appreciate France lost, but they really shouldn't have).

6 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Depends how we approach it Beacon, if we try to go toe to toe with them, we will get trounced, but Ireland and France have shown the Saffers are far from unbeatable (appreciate France lost, but they really shouldn't have).

I agree Otto, play our own game. I would also bring Steward back in at Full Back

16 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I agree Otto, play our own game. I would also bring Steward back in at Full Back

I'd be pasting the words of the Saffers hooker up on the dressing room wall. He said something along the lines of "We've still got two games to go" and (whilst I'm not sure he meant it like this) I'd be telling the lads he thinks the semi final is a foregone conclusion, let's go and shove them words down his throat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

An expected victory for Wales last night Mr Tylluan?

Wasn't expecting it in the slightest. Was hoping for a draw and a search for a new manager this morning. 

I still think we're looking at the play-offs as Croatia should beat Latvia away and Armenia at home and we have Armenia away (who we lost to at home) and Turkey at home. 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

What's that? 

Get it within field goal distance, engineer the foul, and kick it?

You can feel the bitterness oozing out of this post can't you? Easiest of all the quarter final games and they fucked it up royally 🤣

Edited by Otto_Man
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

There’s been signs that Foden and Bellingham are clicking together.

You’d say that Bellingham, Walker, Stones and Kane are world class, Foden and Saka will be very very soon.

Foden not world class? I think how Southgate sets up this potentially brilliant English side fucks things up for Foden.

Just now, Winco said:

Foden not world class? I think how Southgate sets up this potentially brilliant English side fucks things up for Foden.

Not for me yet just yet - he will be. But until Pep trusts him every week, he’s not going to get the games to get to that level. But, what is good, is that Pep is trusting him more centrally and also wide right.

9 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

There’s been signs that Foden and Bellingham are clicking together.

Despite Brexit I mean Southgate.

Rice Bellingham Foden

That's the midfield for 10years, every game, bar none.

Then three from Kane, Rashford, Saka,  Grealish, Sancho, Eze, Maddison.

Greenwood to replace Kane in due course.

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Rice Bellingham Foden

You no he’s got to include a chicken head somewhere.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Rice Bellingham Foden

By Greenwood, you mean Ivan Toney.

What does need to happen is that some players need moves.

Phillips and Maguire need to go and get first team football in Jan. Sancho needs a move.

Luke Shaw needs to get fit, Henderson needs to step away. If Liverpool are going to play TAA in midfield then he gets a squad place, but until then he misses out.

We also need to find some cover at centre half. 

Opened the bidding for the next EPL rights that would start in 2025/26.

I guess surprisingly the 3pm blackout continues - though I suspect that is more a nod to the potential risk of an external football regulator than any empathy to the football pyramid.

Main change seems to be that all the Sunday 2pm games will be made available. No talk of regular Saturday or Sunday late evening games as yet