23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

I had a bit of split screen today. The pigs at Arsenal and the Classico.

Bellingham was outstanding for Madrid, and he’s playing the exact same position he does for England which is good for us too. I will say this, that league is nowhere near the standard it was even 4 years ago, but, the big teams are going though a big rebuild at the minute.

The pigs were diabolical at Arsenal, Arsenal didn’t get out of first gear, but every time they moved the ball quickly, the should have scored. What was quite funny to see was the absolute lack of fight or even clue what the plan was. Dare I say it, they looked like we did under Xisco. 

17 hours ago, Skamp said:

What a horrid club Coventry are.  

everything about them is horrible. Kit, ground, manager. Take your pick. 

Have a soft spot for em after their tribute to the 2 lads that lost their lives on the way home the previous visit

• Like 2

Watched Luton vs Liverpool on MotD2 last night.

How come both goalscorers weren't booked?

Chong is the latest in a line of these types being ignored - it seems nobody gets cautioned for leaving the field of play and hugging the crowd nowadays.

Diaz, on the other hand, displayed a message on a t-shirt under his actual playing shirt. Regardless of the subject matter, and sympathy where it's due, it's a yellow card. No grey areas.

There was one a number of years ago. Think it may have been a Bolton player (against Arsenal?). He revealed a t-shirt dedicated to his late father (?) but the ref still did his job. Yes, it's unpopular, but it still has to be done as where do you draw the cut-off line? Dead cat / dog? Missing great Auntie / Uncle?

Not a good weekend for a number of officials.

5 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Watched Luton vs Liverpool on MotD2 last night.

How come both goalscorers weren't booked?

Chong is the latest in a line of these types being ignored - it seems nobody gets cautioned for leaving the field of play and hugging the crowd nowadays.

Diaz, on the other hand, displayed a message on a t-shirt under his actual playing shirt. Regardless of the subject matter, and sympathy where it's due, it's a yellow card. No grey areas.

There was one a number of years ago. Think it may have been a Bolton player (against Arsenal?). He revealed a t-shirt dedicated to his late father (?) but the ref still did his job. Yes, it's unpopular, but it still has to be done as where do you draw the cut-off line? Dead cat / dog? Missing great Auntie / Uncle?

Not a good weekend for a number of officials.

I didn’t think a message on a shirt was a yellow, it’s just if you take your shirt off isn’t it?

He just lifted his shirt up to show the message.

On 06/11/2023 at 18:47, cheat said:

I didn’t think a message on a shirt was a yellow, it’s just if you take your shirt off isn’t it?

He just lifted his shirt up to show the message.

Apologies for the late reply young man.

Even just lifting the shirt to show a message on a t-shirt has been frowned upon for a while now.

I see the FA has "broken protocol" in deciding not to hit Diaz with a charge. I can't agree with this course of action (or inaction, as is the case). Me thinks the floodgates are now well and truly open. Define "exceptional circumstances". The 'whataboutery' tribe will be all over the next player who gets the book thrown at him.

All hail consistency. No grey areas.