23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

If you want a laugh look at the highlights of the Notts County game and their defending. Makes us look competent 

I was there last night. Shrewsbury were never in it, in open play, and needed the gifts that County gave them. But they were shocking slips. 

For some reason County also fielded a weakened team. I know they had a hard game against Crawley on Tuesday but Williams wouldn't have turned that team out if it had been a league game. 

Another misjudgement from a manager as they had a great chance to get into the 3rd round as Shrewsbury were there for the taking. 

14 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Preston somehow 8th and looked bloody awful, as did the pitch

Lets be reyt we werent brilliant against PNE but it it was harsh on the team we lost that fixture.

Said already, this league isnt stuffed with top quality, but there are a few teams and players that are difficult to beat. A decent Championship quality striker that can get 15-20 goals and we would be comfortable. I mean apart from the fact that XM was clueless, DR could have us in touch with the Huddersfield if hed started the season depsite our poor signing/ squad.

I had us in the laptop and the pigs on the TV.

They are toss, Burnley should have got 9 or 10. This pigs team don’t have one player good enough for the division. No pace, no power, no physicality, and no players with nouse. Burnley rolled them today and barely broke sweat.

It’s worth adding, the pigs net spend was about 60 million, and they have around a 40 million quid wage bill. They don’t have anything in the way of a crown jewel to sell.

15 minutes ago, Reesh said:

@KrolMong just seen the stupid antics of McBurnie....

Oh and how is the Lech Poznan game being played on that pitch?

He should have got two straight reds. He threw the elbow at O’Shea earlier and got booked when it was a red. And then did it again.

Lech are playing in Kielce, which is in the south of Poland and it’s literally not stopped snowing this week. Conditions are horrific down there at the minute. Plus it’s -7.

6 minutes ago, Snap said:

Wait while they implement AI VAR which can't be far away surely. Would certainly stop the waiting around for the offside decisions, when they overcome the teething problems although they'll probably run it side by side with the humans to prove it first.

As long as the AI VAR knows his left from right....

22 minutes ago, Snap said:

Wait while they implement AI VAR which can't be far away surely. Would certainly stop the waiting around for the offside decisions, when they overcome the teething problems although they'll probably run it side by side with the humans to prove it first.

Champions League already has AI offsides

For all the Sky fans out there, they have just announced they have secured 4 of the 5 rights packages for the season after next. 

TNT the other one package

So be farewell to Amazon Prime - though it doesn't start until the 2025/26 season hence another season and a half of that coverage. Starting this week with the midweek round.

Given Sky have basically grabbed the Championship be a lot of games 

58 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Was the Saturday 3pm ko up for discussion do you know?

No, I think that was agreed to be protected before the rights were put out to tender

The EPL wouldn't risk that whilst the threat of an independent regulator is looming. 

12 minutes ago, Snap said:

I did make an attempt to watch that, tried Sky 401 and Netball was on so I watched that instead. A good watch as well. England 54-51 South Africa but that was of little consequence. SA did end in a flurry though.

On Amazon Prime, Mrs MK is a huge contributor to their revenues so at least I get something back 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Nope 2-0 to the Victims who were awful.  2nd goal in last minute.

United huffed and puffed and had a few good situations they could have done better with.

Despite United having the odd moment, I thought Liverpool were in complete and utter control and didn’t really have to come out of first gear. What will have shocked Wilder was how much more physical Liverpool were in compared to United, United were just bullied at times. 

10 hours ago, mkowl said:

Villa thoroughly deserved their win. Made City look very average 

Pep has a lot of players out of form at the minute. Foden is either good or bad, and he’s struggling when he plays centrally. Doku is hot or cold. Grealish has been poor. Alvarez seems to struggle against better sides.

The real is the loss of De Bruyne and the lack of ‘hit the ground running’ replacement of Gundogan. They’ve lost 20 to 30 goals and assists with those two and they are becoming easy to stop because they can’t get service into Haaland.

That said, Villa have been excellent and Emery is brilliant manager. He got panned at Arsenal but his record there was very good, and his record since was incredible.

Villa and Newcastle, I genuinely enjoy watching them.

• Like 1

I think Pep needs to stop trying to be a tactical genius all the time and go back to basics. City are starting to lose their aura and teams like Villa and Spurs think they can have them from the start and rightly so. A mate said would City benefit from dropping Haaland to stop being so predictable. 

But if Pep reverted to 4-4-2 and a few balls over the top then he would still be hailed as a tactical genius 

Edited by Tylluan

23 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I think Pep needs to stop trying to be a tactical genius all the time and go back to basics. City are starting to lose their aura and teams like Villa and Spurs think they can have them from the start and rightly so. A mate said would City benefit from dropping Haaland to stop being so predictable. 

But if Pep reverted to 4-4-2 and a few balls over the top then he would still be hailed as a tactical genius 

Haaland ran out of patience with Phil Foden last night.

Villa pressed high up pitch but did leave space wide, Foden was picking the ball up and facing the Villa goal, Haaland would go and Foden would just ignore him. At times it was an angled 20 yard ball into the space behind Villa’s back four.

He must have made the run 5 times, Foden tried the pass once and duffed it. Haaland got very annoyed, and rightly so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Pep is being Pep 

He's got his eyes elsewhere after the treble.

Same as Barca

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andyben said:

Pep is being Pep 

He's got his eyes elsewhere after the treble.

Same as Barca

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Paris?

He's nowhere left to go. If he goes to PSG he might as well go to Celtic. The domestic leagues are the same. Saudi and MLS are the same. 

He'd have more of challenge in Serie A but about a quarter of the spending power. 

In the Premier League he's got the money and the adversaries to pit himself against. 

Wonder if he'd take the England job and try and put a World Cup on his CV

11 hours ago, Snap said:

I initially had us getting a point at Coventry. Not too sure now, in fact I can see us getting beat 3-1. OK, I wasn't paying full attention to tonights game but what I did see was a very decent footballing side (Coventry) with a bunch of hackers trying to mug them for a point which they didn't deserve.

Oy. ‘Snap’ out of it. Stop being negative 😝

• Thanks 1