23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

7 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I just remember him as a highly attacking full back from his Burnley days. A superb crosser. 

He's been very good since then though Fred too.
Spurs, Atletico, and Newcastle... Not forgetting to mention the national team. (Although he'll likely be remembered for that free kick v Croatia more than owt else)

13 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

He's been very good since then though Fred too.
Spurs, Atletico, and Newcastle... Not forgetting to mention the national team. (Although he'll likely be remembered for that free kick v Croatia more than owt else)

I know, Tee. (Didn't see him in Spain but on MOTD.)  Still never saw him be a quality defensive full back. Far from an awful one but his best qualities have been elsewhere, IMO. Not least free kicks, etc. 

Ref followed the protocol UEFA put in place after Eriksen's heart attack in the Euros. 

What's interesting is the EFL didn't follow that protocol when Lockyer collapsed in the playoff final, but that might have been driven by the occasion and, more importantly, the tv audience. 

What will also be interesting is if the PL follow the protocol through and restart the game from the time it was stopped, as was in the Denmark Finland game, or if they'll order a full restart and 90 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Skamp said:

I'm going to be incredibly controversial here but ...

Why was the game abandoned? Lots of players have broken legs on the pitch before now and Paul Warhurst swallowed his tongue on the pitch and nearly died

The game resumed

World has changed for sure. But on this one then with it being Lockyer and what happened in the play off final, you can understand it.

In the case of Warhurst i genuinely thought he was a gonna. 

I also remember being at Millmoor of all places and a young lad breaking his leg near the touchline, heard the crack and his scream. You did move on that was the way, fact I remember both incidents from over 30 years ago says a lot though.

On 17/12/2023 at 07:51, mkowl said:

World has changed for sure. But on this one then with it being Lockyer and what happened in the play off final, you can understand it.

In the case of Warhurst i genuinely thought he was a gonna. 

I also remember being at Millmoor of all places and a young lad breaking his leg near the touchline, heard the crack and his scream. You did move on that was the way, fact I remember both incidents from over 30 years ago says a lot though.

Was it Ian Nolan who snapped his leg v Spurs at home? Or was he involved in a leg snapping? Recall something about fans saying they could hear it.. 

On 18/12/2023 at 10:58, EastCraigsOwl said:

Justin Edinburgh did him on the touchline. Could be wrong, but I think we won 1-0?

Well I’ve learned something today. I was at that game and thought the Spurs player was Pat Van Den Hauwe, not Justin Edinburgh.

Memory clearly not what it was.

And I’ve no idea what the score was that day! 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Well I’ve learned something today. I was at that game and thought the Spurs player was Pat Van Den Hauwe, not Justin Edinburgh.

Memory clearly not what it was.

And I’ve no idea what the score was that day! 😂

Only about 5 years after Van Den Hauwe had retired....

The judgement about FIFA and UEFA's powers or lack thereof are probably as pivotal as the Bosman ruling all those years ago 

The changes will not happen overnight but in 10 years time I suspect elite football will look very different to today - not necessarily in a good way for the rest 

• Like 1