A New Group of Attention Seekers

17 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Not sure what they've reported, DC clearly used the word "additional" so they're clearly being obtuse.

Exactly my point. They are thick as fucking mince, no wonder Nev is impressed, they've dragged him down to their level.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’d had been more concerned had they done nothing, which is pretty much what they’ve done since their inception 

It's pretty hard to do much as a Trust with only 400 members, but to be fair they've done quite a bit. 

They've been kicked off the supporters groups panel, that the club set up, for being antagonistic and inaccurate reporting of previous meetings.

They've provided one sided analysis on ticket prices and club funding (basing it on Birmingham City of all clubs) and demanded the club follow that operating model. 

They've managed to get an ACV slapped on the stadium and called it a moral victory. 

They've demanded, several times, for the club to clarify its financial position and how it's funded. 

And last but not least they've been ignored by the club at every turn. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Not sure what they've reported, DC clearly used the word "additional" so they're clearly being obtuse.

Only DC knew what he meant when he said additional, everything else is simply conjecture.

Could mean I ain't putting in any of the £2m in October or I ain't putting a £1 more than that in.

The statement itself is obtuse as to intentions and indeed for DC means he could go either option.

A real cynical view could be that funds have dried up and all this mess has been engineered to create this route out. Do I think this is the case, probably not but its a plausible theory 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Only DC knew what he meant when he said additional, everything else is simply conjecture.

Could mean I ain't putting in any of the £2m in October or I ain't putting a £1 more than that in.

The statement itself is obtuse as to intentions and indeed for DC means he could go either option.

A real cynical view could be that funds have dried up and all this mess has been engineered to create this route out. Do I think this is the case, probably not but its a plausible theory 

If that were true, then why would DC be announcing investing in peripheral nice to haves (such as the fanzone revamp)? Also think we'd have seen a lot more prudence in our signings, e g. I don't think we'd have signed the keeper, just gone with Dawson.

I'm a cynic, but this isn't realistic imo 

Edited by Otto_Man

4 hours ago, Chelters said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was looking for an excuse to cut the spending, and has jumped at the chance to use the protests as that excuse.

cause he has, his dads not given him any pocket money for ages, perfect opportunity for him to scribble another pathetic statement and blame the fans 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

And you’re surprised? What the fuck? Non payment of HMRC is indefensible and a massive red flag

They’ll not wait until January, winding up petition will arrive before then  

Unless he agrees a payment schedule....

It is, for once, something I find alarming by Mr Chansiri. He needs to make a statement quickly explaining this fuck up or face more calls questioning his hold on the club, the other scenario is he's in deep talks to sell the club so sees no reason to pay the debt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Wigans last owner thought that was a good plan, left the new ones with the embargo for a longer period as punishment 

He’ll not give a fuck though once he’s left

Even if it gets paid it’s the destabilisation that pisses me off 

Depends who he's sold to and I assume the EFL have tweaked their rules after the Wigan debacle but let's not jump up and down just yet eh

3 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

If that’s what’s this is all about then he’s a full weight **** 

It’s not though, he’s struggling for funds. Even if he sorts this it’s only kicking the can down the road 

And you know this how? Or is it supposition on your part?

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

And you know this how? Or is it supposition on your part?

Agreed. Struggling for funds or proving a point as to how reliant we are on him for his cash?

Or just incompetence from a man who is just totally out of his depth owning a club?

Whatever it is, it yet again reflects badly on SWFC and, as far as I’m concerned, is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I want Chansiri gone now and the sooner the better - but who in their right mind would be stupid enough to stump up the dosh to buy him out?

6 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

True but I don’t think it’s right that those people attack those prepared to stick their head above the parapet 

But they haven't stuck their head above the parapet have they, that's why they get stick.

They are still sat in their nice banqueting hall, feasting on their own egos, whilst trying to get everybody else to put their head above the parapet. 

But it's backfired "again" because the people they brought in as their minions worked them a powder and made them look even more unqualified to make decisions.

They have set up to make a fuss about how the chairman can't run the club. 

Yet these 3 "yes three" can't even run their own operation of 9 "nine".

Then they are promoting a bloke who hasn't even paid his dues to the bloke they are slagging off. 

Unbelievable Jeff. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

If that’s what’s this is all about then he’s a full weight **** 

It’s not though, he’s struggling for funds. Even if he sorts this it’s only kicking the can down the road 

But isn’t there a very good argument that they have triggered all this by antagonising the sole source of funding of the club? Everyone has seen how Chansiri reacts to things, this was always a very likely outcome of the protests and plenty of us were saying it.

And that’s not the same as backing Chansiri, personally I’m pissed off with him and the protesters, they are both at fault. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Apparently out last goal was the tennis ball game, might not be a bad idea after all 😂

Weren’t we leading at the time of the tennis balls?

Such a long time ago I’m not certain. But if I’m right, surely that points against more tennis balls as the last one led to our goalless run?

24 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

Weren’t we leading at the time of the tennis balls?

Such a long time ago I’m not certain. But if I’m right, surely that points against more tennis balls as the last one led to our goalless run?

No we were playing well then they disrupted momentum but we got it back through Musaba's goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It's a dichotomy. However much I consider Chansiri's running of the Club is shite, I find these groups circling around just as piss poor 

The 1867 Group statement was shockingly bad 

I find it ironic that one of the accusations chucked at Chansiri is he frequently posts long rambling statements, bringing up issues of the past that should be left alone…

• Like 1

Grammar

Engaging content

Not finding an alternative word for the U word

Not including Owlsonline

Being egotistical dicks

Edited by Skamp
Being egotistical and not checking my grammar before I post. Oh, hang on …
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

26,000 supporters on Sunday, 24,000 views on Twitter yet only 108 likes. The revamped fan engagement has started well. 

Board? Membership? Donations? This smacks of Trust MK2 and they've been extraordinarily quiet through all the recent negative club activity. 

At the moment they say they're staying faceless but that statement mentions members within Stalk, Wednesdayite, podcasters, they even mention support from within the Trust. It wouldn't be hard to start naming the usual suspects. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

26,000 supporters on Sunday, 24,000 views on Twitter yet only 108 likes. The revamped fan engagement has started well. 

Board? Membership? Donations? This smacks of Trust MK2 and they've been extraordinarily quiet through all the recent negative club activity. 

At the moment they say they're staying faceless but that statement mentions members within Stalk, Wednesdayite, podcasters, they even mention support from within the Trust. It wouldn't be hard to start naming the usual suspects. 

Didn't the Supporters Trust make some coment the other day or did I imagine that