A New Group of Attention Seekers

52 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Protest march, QPR (h) 16th December, 2pm

Further to our request for a meeting with Dejphon Chansiri, we can confirm that the club did indeed offer to enter into dialogue.

We suggested the following;

We would give up anonymity, in exchange for written agreement that members giving up their names, would not face sanctions from the club, in terms of banning orders or any legal action.

We also requested that the minutes from the meeting regarding the potential take-over bid were publicised to the wider fanbase. This would give Wednesdayites the clarity they deserve.

Neither prerequisite could be met by the club and as a result we have no further option, other than to upscale protest movement.

We have listened to the wider fan base, we have no immediate plans for disruptive protest during the games and we are not currently in a position where we feel this is the best course of action. When in the stands, we’re fully behind Danny Röhl and the lads.

We urge you, the fans, to join us in protest of the current ownership of the club at 2pm on 16th December, prior to our home fixture, against QPR.

This protest march will begin at Hawksley avenue, through Hillsborough park and end at the directors entrance under the south stand.

The above is the current intended route but we are in discussions with SAG, the club and SY Police.

We call on all Sheffield Wednesday fans who have had enough of the current regime, to join us in solidarity.

This club was here before and will be here long after the current custodian.

We stand together in saying enough is enough.

The 1867 Group.

#swfc

Over to you @Winco

1867 Teen Group"

1)  Pweeeeeaaasee pwomiss us that warrever we do or say you won't tek our tickets offa us.

2) Pweeeeeeaaasseee say summat to mek peeple think we was not fibbing about you acting reyt bad, so you look really bad and everywon nos we was tellin the troof."

DC "Fuck off you imbeciles"  

1867 Teen Group

"Yer see, he's reyt stuborn, time we all had a protest, lets tell that Twitter page war a bad man he is"

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

We also requested that the minutes from the meeting regarding the potential take-over bid were publicised to the wider fanbase. This would give Wednesdayites the clarity they deserve.

I'm pretty sure the 'interested party' would love the official minutes on public display, especially the bit where Chansiri says "tha's not got a pot to piss in, on thi way"

And if they wanted the minutes out there then I'm sure they'd have been leaked.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I'm pretty sure the 'interested party' would love the official minutes on public display, especially the bit where Chansiri says "tha's not got a pot to piss in, on thi way"

And if they wanted the minutes out there then I'm sure they'd have been leaked.

Unless I am reading it wrong, they wanted a meeting on the condition their presence would not be used against them and that any meeting minutes would be released.

The Club won't agree to this so basically there is not going to be a meeting, hence the protest option instead

They have just now changed their story!!!

We requested the minutes from our own meeting with the club be posted. This was immediately taken off the table by the club.

We had also been told on numerous phone calls with the club that we wouldn’t be banned or face any legal action but they refused to put it in writing.“

Not like this group to get it wrong.. they keep of screwing up their releases and the more they do the more pork I smell!

• Like 1

This group’s naivety is bordering upon stupidity. 

Every single time they release a statement they score an own goal. No wonder they remain anonymous! 

Club should just tell them to fuck off and have done with them. Their approach isn’t even amateurish and they are now fast becoming beyond an embarrassment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Sorry but the request for immunity is either crass ignorance or a deliberate attempt to make DC look bad.

Playing devil's advocate then that does make a degree of sense, that going to a meeting and no longer being anonymous wouldn't lead to action.

But the Club equally can't guarantee that if they turned up and basically slandered Chansiri for 20 minutes 

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Playing devil's advocate then that does make a degree of sense, that going to a meeting and no longer being anonymous wouldn't lead to action.

But the Club equally can't guarantee that if they turned up and basically slandered Chansiri for 20 minutes 

Maybe I misread it as immunity now and in the future. If just the meeting then yes maybe it’s not so unreasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Maybe I misread it as immunity now and in the future. If just the meeting then yes maybe it’s not so unreasonable. 

I read it just as that meeting, but I fucked up skim reading earlier about the minutes.

I blame expending too much brain power earlier today on trying to fathom out some prior year accounts I have inherited. 

9 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Anyone else noticed how they seem to like releasing statements after we've won games? And they accuse DC of destabilising the club without a hint of irony

The huge problem of any fans group is the history of Wednesdayite, Bates etc basically set the benchmark. 

The unheard element but majority of our fan base inherently distrust them. The WTID stuff probably got more empathy because it was almost the doomsday scenario, but even then I would say a third supported us, third were ambivalent and the other 3rd threatened to chuck me into Penistone Road when handing out leaflets.

You will never unite our fan base. I had a couple of emails with the WTID mob recently and there were 5 varying opinions on Chansiri and what to do next. 

Supporters Trust coming out with a more reasoned statement on matters.

Clearly as they are suggesting dialogue not confrontation, that there needs to be joined up thinking on what happens should Chansiri sell, then the keyboard warriors on Stalk are dismayed.

The Trust is probably the one fans group I am generally of similar mindset with. They did have a spell when they spoke before thinking but seem to have learnt from that at least 

23 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Clearly as they are suggesting dialogue not confrontation, that there needs to be joined up thinking on what happens should Chansiri sell, then the keyboard warriors on Stalk are dismayed.

The Trust is probably the one fans group I am generally of similar mindset with. They did have a spell when they spoke before thinking but seem to have learnt from that at least 

They're still thick as fucking mince.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mkowl said:

A "spell"? It went on about 15 years. Didn't they get thrown off the supporter engagement panel for publishing the minutes about 6 months ago?

They've only recently started to look "reasonable" because the other lot are so fucking unreasonable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

A "spell"? It went on about 15 years. Didn't they get thrown off the supporter engagement panel for publishing the minutes about 6 months ago?

They've only recently started to look "reasonable" because the other lot are so fucking unreasonable.

Isn't that a different trust?

Rinse and repeat.

Make an offer for the club. Negotiate.

Provide proof of funds.

If offer is accepted, due diligence on the accounts.

Meet EFL ownership regs.

Buy club.

Job done.

No supporters trust is going to force Chansiri to sell unless someone makes an offer. I am not saying it is the job of a trust to find buyers, but they have to accept that until an offer comes in there is no change.

The other side of the issue is always going to be Chansiri value and conditions versus real value and conditions. I know they are poles apart at the minute.

In the meantime, there should be an element of gamesmanship being played just to ensure there is dialogue with the owner and the club. I think the supporters have every right to be able to voice concern to the owner about some of the things that have happened this season, but there is a right and wrong way of doing it, and what I am seeing from some of these groups is simply the wrong way.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Isn't that a different trust?

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I believe so this only came into existence a few years ago. 

There's two"trusts"? Our fanbase is as complicated as our pre Milan ownership structure.

So this isn't the Owls Trust that we're gifted the shares, jumped into bed with Bates and then became Wednesdayite? Who is it then?

20 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

There's two"trusts"? Our fanbase is as complicated as our pre Milan ownership structure.

So this isn't the Owls Trust that we're gifted the shares, jumped into bed with Bates and then became Wednesdayite? Who is it then?

Nope Wednesdayite are separate to this Supporters Trust

Edited by Reesh

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

I'll get the new  FD to interview you first.

@Reeshyou free next week to.do.tbis?

I've been wondering whether or not to bite, but go on then, I will.  Not going to ask if you've got the money or contacts, tbh it's none of my business but I'm curious.

Assuming that you have got the will & means to pull this together at some point, the question is...why?

Why would you ever want the aggravation, the schizophrenic fanbase hammering your every decision, the leaking of money to keep the vessel afloat with only the faintest chance of making the promised land, the push and pull of needing to increase revenue but the howls that come with every penny increase and the "twenty's plenty mantra". The press, the SAG, the forums, the players, the agents, just the sheer amount of grief and aggro at every turn.  Why?  What kind of sick masochist would willingly put themselves through that just for the thrill of seeing you money leak through your hands?  I wouldn't, that's for sure.  You look at the people who have bought us and who seemingly want(ed) to buy us and there's almost always something rabidly egotistical about them.

Anyway, Good Luck 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

I've been wondering whether or not to bite, but go on then, I will.  Not going to ask if you've got the money or contacts, tbh it's none of my business but I'm curious.

Assuming that you have got the will & means to pull this together at some point, the question is...why?

Why would you ever want the aggravation, the schizophrenic fanbase hammering your every decision, the leaking of money to keep the vessel afloat with only the faintest chance of making the promised land, the push and pull of needing to increase revenue but the howls that come with every penny increase and the "twenty's plenty mantra". The press, the SAG, the forums, the players, the agents, just the sheer amount of grief and aggro at every turn.  Why?  What kind of sick masochist would willingly put themselves through that just for the thrill of seeing you money leak through your hands?  I wouldn't, that's for sure.  You look at the people who have bought us and who seemingly want(ed) to buy us and there's almost always something rabidly egotistical about them.

Anyway, Good Luck 😂

Why?

short answer is he can ban McClure!!! that surely makes it worth it!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Anyway, Good Luck 😂

Wait till you see my banning list...you'll understand 

42 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Anyway, Good Luck 😂

Wait till you see my banning list...you'll understand..

Also, if / when I can do it I'd be in such a position not to give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks 😂

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

He's learnt his lesson and be different as an employee of a club he didn't support.

Less emotional attachment so more objective decision making.

Why would he want the hassle?  He's on an easy gig at Talksport and listening to him, you get the distinct feeling that he dislikes much of the inner football goings on.