A New Group of Attention Seekers

On 11/06/2024 at 17:33, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Is Clive Betts an Owl/Pig? If the latter why would any Wednesday fan group wish to deal with him?

Heard he's got connections in Brazil, might get us a decent player in

On 16/06/2024 at 01:42, lobster said:

According to some motoring guru on You Tube BYD is known as Burn Your Dealership due to the number of fires their cars have in China

Burn Your Drive

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Might be dusting down their keyboards now the POTG prices have been released

I might get them involved with a gripe I have locally. We asked a guy for a price to come to the office to wash and valet cars. He wanted £100 per car. £35-40 to watch Championship football as an adult seems a bargain in comparison. I’ll get them some balloons and a banner. 

• Haha 1

They have indeed piped up again on X. Complete silence when some positive things are happening and suddenly here they are.

I think ticket prices are a valid criticism but their unceasing negativity and lack of objectivity as usual completely destroys any shred of credibility they had. But sadly they will influence the more suggestible. 

14 minutes ago, Chelters said:

They have indeed piped up again on X. Complete silence when some positive things are happening and suddenly here they are.

I think ticket prices are a valid criticism but their unceasing negativity and lack of objectivity as usual completely destroys any shred of credibility they had. But sadly they will influence the more suggestible. 

Or influence  the irrelevant.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

1867 v2.0

Basically, I wasn't bothered when they were playing Burton and Forest Green Rovers but now they're in the PL I can't get a ticket. Boo hooooooo.

Screenshot_20240729-153335~2.png

These people just do not live in the real world FFS. I despair

42 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

1867 v2.0

Basically, I wasn't bothered when they were playing Burton and Forest Green Rovers but now they're in the PL I can't get a ticket. Boo hooooooo.

Most expensive season ticket at Ipswich last year?

£1200

1 hour ago, Beaconowl said:

These people just do not live in the real world FFS. I despair

I wonder which 4 or 5 games he wanted to go to? I could guess at Arsenal, City, Liverpool, and Villa. 

Wonder how he'd feel if the on the day tickets were placed into a lottery and he got Brentford, Leicester, Wolves and Forest

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

I wonder which 4 or 5 games he wanted to go to? I could guess at Arsenal, City, Liverpool, and Villa. 

Wonder how he'd feel if the on the day tickets were placed into a lottery and he got Brentford, Leicester, Wolves and Forest

We’d be back to it being unfair again. New protest group, new banners. 

5 hours ago, Tylluan said:

1867 v2.0

"Only the good times" wanker, like a lot of the dicks who champion the 1867 mob.

In fairness, I suspect that there was a hint of sarcasm when that post was posted.

I imagine one or two on here are jealous that Ipswich made it that type of post possible before Wednesday did.

7 hours ago, Skamp said:

In fairness, I suspect that there was a hint of sarcasm when that post was posted.

I imagine one or two on here are jealous that Ipswich made it that type of post possible before Wednesday did.

I am 50 50 on whether it is sarcastic or genuine comment. I mean it's the sort of sarcastic shit I I can post that is so subtle only I realise. I suppose the context of his other posts would be needed.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

I am 50 50 on whether it is sarcastic or genuine comment. I mean it's the sort of sarcastic shit I I can post that is so subtle only I realise. I suppose the context of his other posts would be needed.

Which site do you post those on?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

They were having a go on X earlier today about the fake shirts statement. Of course they didn’t mention the other clubs which have issued similar statements, but they did manage to spin it so that it was 100% Chansiri’s making etc.

*****! 

It's always the same few. Most likely haven't bought a ticket or merchandise, snide or genuine, for years. Support the least; whinge the most. Tossers.

2 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It's always the same few. Most likely haven't bought a ticket or merchandise, snide or genuine, for years. Support the least; whinge the most. Tossers.

Season ticket for the last 31 years, full kit for my lad. Just don’t approve the running of the club, though granted it has appeared better since supporters voiced genuine concern. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jake said:

Season ticket for the last 31 years, full kit for my lad. Just don’t approve the running of the club, though granted it has appeared better since supporters voiced genuine concern. 

The question always posed back was yes there are concerns but which football fans are 100% happy with the owners of their club. But more it was the concerted effort to try and force Chansiri to sell. But to whom, it was always "someone is bound to turn up". No guarantees on funding, no guarantees the running of the club would improve.

6 hours ago, Jake said:

You seriously believe the positive way the club is being run is down some fuckwits with tennis balls and leaflets.

• Like 5

Apart from Munoz, I can't thi k of anything that DC got wrong in the past few seasons.

He's backed all the managers and brought in additional staff when needed.

And what's the difference between 1867 News and the Nevs?

I mean, come on @Jake  this is the pinned tweet from @1867news which sort of proves they've just changed the name 

Why, what are you all afraid of?

In fact I can't think of one of you lot that has actually owned up to being a member / leader.

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Apart from Munoz, I can't thi k of anything that DC got wrong in the past few seasons.

He's backed all the managers and brought in additional staff when needed.

And what's the difference between 1867 News and the Nevs?

I mean, come on @Jake  this is the pinned tweet from @1867news which sort of proves they've just changed the name 

Why, what are you all afraid of?

In fact I can't think of one of you lot that has actually owned up to being a member / leader.

1867 News and 1867 Group are two totally separate accounts. No connection what so ever.  

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

1867 News and 1867 Group are two totally separate accounts. No connection what so ever.  

It's not an official account but he's very much part of it.

Jim from 1867 has even said that the members all only post from their own accounts so they have deniability.

21 minutes ago, Jake said:

No it isn't

The 1867 group twitter account simply changed its name to 1867 news.

Its all available iine to see the history if you know how.

Go home 

17 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

It's not an official account but he's very much part of it.

Jim from 1867 has even said that the members all only post from their own accounts so they have deniability.

I assure you the guy from 1867 news has never had anything to do with the 1867 group. Believe what you choose. 

Just now, Andyben said:

No it isn't

The 1867 group twitter account simply changed its name to 1867 news.

Its all available iine to see the history if you know how.

Go home 

That’s a lie. Both accounts totally separate and both active on X. 

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I assure you the guy from 1867 news has never had anything to do with the 1867 group. Believe what you choose. 

How do you know?

I'm sure earlier in this thread you said you're not part of the group 

9 hours ago, Jake said:

Fair play, my generic swipe at ALL those opposed to DC's actions is unfair.

The relentless abusers, nitpickers, misunderstanders of accounting, the hypocrites that feel it OK to routinely abuse DC whilst overreacting to his prickly and admittedly ill expressed retorts (even if justified) and the distorters of his words  remain contemptible in my eyes still.

Whether it was the concerns expressed by some that have brought about the current positive situation at our club is extremely  moot too.

10 hours ago, Jake said:

Thanks for saving the club, you and Bazapeps are the unsung heroes....

8 minutes ago, fOWLmouth said:

Hey Jake,any chance you could change your name?

I had a dog called Jake and one of my favourite songs is My brother Jake by Free.It’s kind of spoiling my memory of them associating crap with that name.

Of course. 

thanks. so the Comms & News accounts are unrelated.

Just to clarify, are you part of the leadership of the group?

Apart from 'Jim' it seems nobody else is willing to admit this. Geoff did and didn't, BazPeps said he just handed out some fliers, and nobody was involved when the group appeared to get quite angsty against the club.

If you aren't do you know who is?

10 minutes ago, Andyben said:

thanks. so the Comms & News accounts are unrelated.

Just to clarify, are you part of the leadership of the group?

Apart from 'Jim' it seems nobody else is willing to admit this. Geoff did and didn't, BazPeps said he just handed out some fliers, and nobody was involved when the group appeared to get quite angsty against the club.

If you aren't do you know who is?

sorry didn't tag you @Jake