A New Group of Attention Seekers

10 hours ago, JBO said:

For the avoidance of doubt I'm happy for Chansiri to sell up to whoever has the funds to run the club in the manner that matches the fans' expectations 

For the avoidance of doubt I would be happy for Chansiri to continue owning the Club if I could see a semblance of a long term plan rather than the awful scattergun approach we see. Plus if he totally re-thought ticket pricing. It was actually cheaper to go to the Etihad, including the train fare over there, to watch Champions League football

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

For the avoidance of doubt I would be happy for Chansiri to continue owning the Club if I could see a semblance of a long term plan rather than the awful scattergun approach we see. Plus if he totally re-thought ticket pricing. It was actually cheaper to go to the Etihad, including the train fare over there, to watch Champions League football

Yeah that is a fair comparison, billionaire owned dripping in PL cash Man City

Edited by Reesh

Is anyone really an ardent supporter of any club custodian? Common myth Popular opinion seems to be that Milan was one of the best custodians the club has ever had, but every single fan was happy to drop him like a stone when Mammadov rocked up.

Those of us that don't want DC forced out aren't necessarily ardent supporters, merely realists who see no viable alternative on the horizon and have had our fill of Geoff Sheard and every other chancer who fancies owning a football club. 

Owners can be funny, look at Udders, not sure what the new owners expect, but Colin was probably doing as well as anyone could with the players available, was popular with the fans and they've sacked him...

I think the feeling round here on Colin was that he was only ever kept on this summer to give them time to find the right long-term manager (if there is such a thing) whilst all the takeover stuff was going on. Now that they have presumably identified their long-term manager they’ve asked him to step aside and he’s agreed. 

I suppose in that way Milan was similar to Colin, we knew he wasn’t here for the long haul. He’d just picked us up in a shit situation, straightened us out and was waiting to move us on to the person he thought could take us to that next level. Part of his success I think was managing expectation. DC seems to take the opposite approach. 

43 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Are there any ardent DC supporters left other than AB?

Was talking to a bloke in front who was booing the protest last night, he wants him out too but he didn't agree with stopping play. This is why i didn't get involved in the end, applauded those willing to highlight the issue to a wider audience mind and joined in with the chants

You hero, in the future there will be books written about your contribution.

47 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I understand that - but even the most ardent supporters of Chansiri must question some of the ticket prices 

I question the prices, I find them abhorrent but I find the cost of most things abhorrent at the minute.

City struggle to fill the Etihad with their own fans for the CL even with the discount prices, my niece was 17 last month and is a a City "fan" I'm shelling out for the 3rd group game for her birthday

6 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I question the prices, I find them abhorrent but I find the cost of most things abhorrent at the minute.

City struggle to fill the Etihad with their own fans for the CL even with the discount prices, my niece was 17 last month and is a a City "fan" I'm shelling out for the 3rd group game for her birthday

Any good?😛

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Probably not mate, only bothered about forcing them out not welcoming them in.

Ha, always the way with ***** like you. Looking at others and judging because they’re unhappy with their own little sad existence 😉

I'm happy as larry me pal

See, it’s that kind of ignorant nonsense that does the vocal minority no favours. Anyone who thinks Chansiri sold the ground to himself because he wanted to, or that his advertising at the ground is an ego thing, is just being ignorant. 

That sort of shite takes away from the real debate and decreases any chance of any meaningful engagement with DC as it just proves to him that they don’t know what they’re talking about. 

And this is the problem. Knowing DC as we do, the louder people shout without actually having any substance and spouting inaccuracies, the worse the situation will be. They are actually damaging their own cause. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Warnock's got as he responded to criticism about the start by highlighting he wasn't happy with players being sold and not replaced, that happened a couple of weeks ago and i'd guess it was that which accelerated his departure.

@Otto_Man us fans never know who is potentially on the horizon. The question should be are you happy with the running of the club, if the answer is no then you should apply pressure on him in whatever way you feel is right, if that's not tennis ball then fine but what isn't helpful is for people to try and shout those down that clearly care enough to do something. 

I can't say I've ever been entirely happy with how any of the previous custodians have run the club, but I do honestly believe DC is running the club better than any of the previous incumbents and has the club's best interests at heart.

Do I think DC could do better? Absolutely yes. Do I think things could be worse? Unquestionably yes. Do I think a different owner could make massive strides in moving the club forward? No I don't.

The game is rigged, Prem clubs (both current and recent) can do what they want and the rest of us just have to take it and until you've got a seat at the big table you're going to get dry bummed by the ones that are, no matter who owns the club.

Cheaper tickets and shirts won't increase revenue, probably quite the opposite...

• Thanks 1

Congratulations 1867 group  - no doubt you got what you wanted a bit of publicity. 

And what a great protest as well - a few kids lobbing 30 max balls onto pitch. 

Hope you've got a thank you from Carrick as well for breaking up all momentum we had in game, it went totally flat as afterwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 80s Owl said:

If suspicions of who is behind (or backing this group) is true then I certainly don't support them, what last night did though was get Sky talking about the issue and I believe Talksport today, that can only be a good thing.

Adam Shaw?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelters said:

See, it’s that kind of ignorant nonsense that does the vocal minority no favours. Anyone who thinks Chansiri sold the ground to himself because he wanted to, or that his advertising at the ground is an ego thing, is just being ignorant. 

That sort of shite takes away from the real debate and decreases any chance of any meaningful engagement with DC as it just proves to him that they don’t know what they’re talking about. 

And this is the problem. Knowing DC as we do, the louder people shout without actually having any substance and spouting inaccuracies, the worse the situation will be. They are actually damaging their own cause. 

As I have said there are a few things that have become the assumed truth 

1) He sold the stadium to himself - nope it was an intercompany transaction that we see day in day out

2) His wife owns the stadium - well not according to Companies House 

3) He has debt of £19m secured against the stadium - not according to the disclosure in the annual accounts and they have no idea the evidence an auditor would need to have to confirm that 

4) That Chansiri is plastered on the stadium to justify the sponsorship value paid into the company 

The shite spouted on Stalk is generally unchecked, a few honourable exceptions but they get hounded off there when the narrative does not fit 

As you say the other social media channels pick up on it, and this fuels the angst. 

I think there are valid criticisms of how DC runs the show for sure. I do question how you would get meaningful engagement though. 

Yes, some see sponsorship/funds input, others see narcissism and ego. Nobs.

19 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

But you don't lose that history. Ok DC technically owns it, but it's an intangible asset really. A new entity effectively inherits it.

I get that for some that it would be the end of the road, I accept it would never be the same, but look at Bury as your recent example of a club re-born 

Fair enough I can see that point of view but I'm one of the 'some' - it would be the end of the road. It would be like a faux version of SWFC.

I get Bury fans wanting a phoenix football team in their town, bearing the name of the town. There's  only one Wednesday though.... for me. Let's  hope it never happens.

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

1) He sold the stadium to himself - nope it was an intercompany transaction that we see day in day out

3) He has debt of £19m secured against the stadium - not according to the disclosure in the annual accounts and they have no idea the evidence an auditor would need to have to confirm that 

4) That Chansiri is plastered on the stadium to justify the sponsorship value paid into the company 

The shite spouted on Stalk is generally unchecked, a few honourable exceptions but they get hounded off there when the narrative does not fit 

As you say the other social media channels pick up on it, and this fuels the angst. 

I think there are valid criticisms of how DC runs the show for sure. I do question how you would get meaningful engagement though. 

Fair point but, given he is the first owner we have had who has at least tried to talk to fans, I can’t help feeling that, if he knew he was talking to someone sensible rather than a keyboard warrior narcissist or someone who wanted to debate the price of pork scratchings in the Tap, he might just be willing to sit down and discuss how frustrated everyone is. 

Fair point but, given he is the first owner we have had who has at least tried to talk to fans, I can’t help feeling that, if he knew he was talking to someone sensible rather than a keyboard warrior narcissist or someone who wanted to debate the price of pork scratchings in the Tap, he might just be willing to sit down and discuss how frustrated everyone is. 

The EFL has a mandate saying all clubs have to hold fan forums twice a year. That's why he holds the supporters groups meetings https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/supporter-engagement/premier-league-and-efl-rules/

But in trying to talk to a broad cross section he's talking to the wrong people. Unlike Derby's, who come under one banner, ours are fragmented each with their own agenda and hierarchy. 

I've said it before but if he wants to speak to sane people with professional insight but no agenda other than to help the club then he needs to engage with a group of representatives from here. It's the sanest place in the Wednesday universe

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

The EFL has a mandate saying all clubs have to hold fan forums twice a year. That's why he holds the supporters groups meetings https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/supporter-engagement/premier-league-and-efl-rules/

But in trying to talk to a broad cross section he's talking to the wrong people. Unlike Derby's, who come under one banner, ours are fragmented each with their own agenda and hierarchy. 

I've said it before but if he wants to speak to sane people with professional insight but no agenda other than to help the club then he needs to engage with a group of representatives from here. It's the sanest place in the Wednesday universe

Sometimes 🤣

• Haha 2

On 20/09/2023 at 13:41, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Do we have a structure chart to prove point 1. I’m having loads of fun on FB correcting both Wednesday fans and a pig. 

do we also have proof the pigs owe all that money to that Aussie bank?

Ta n’dat

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Do we have a structure chart to prove point 1. I’m having loads of fun on FB correcting both Wednesday fans and a pig. 

do we also have proof the pigs owe all that money to that Aussie bank?

Ta n’dat

You could create one but it's basically

DC owns 100% of

Sheffield 5 Limited that owns 100% of 

Sheffield 3 Limited 

That owns the stadium

With an inter-company balance due to SWFC Limited for the balance

But there is musical chairs with his directors loan account 

Ultimately we will go from a position where SWFC owned the stadium but offset by the director loan due to DC

To be replaced by 

Sheffield 3 owning the stadium

And a director loan account offsetting it

Re point 2 it's all on the charges register at Companies House 

Green and black balloons now - because their unlucky colours in Thai culture.

One of the podcast stirring up the pot as someone had their season ticket under review due to a joke about elephants - suspect the joke involves damaging company property.

Am fine with the whole business decision debate. He’s got it wrong / I hate the results / he damaging our club. I understand the desire to protest these or not. I can get the current anger on results - jeez am feeling it as well!

But the attacks on his culture, the references have been their since day 1 to be fair but now are being mainstreamed via protest are for me are at least beneath us as a club. 

If DC ownership was one great exercise of sports-washing then I put that under a different category when you come to highlight cultural differences - depending how it’s done of course.  

In essence we are trying to drive out a foreign owner by attacking his culture. 

I maybe accused of hyperbole here but that’s my take on it! 

p.s. cultural debates exist at clubs owned by western and eastern owned clubs as well. 

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

One of the podcast stirring up the pot as someone had their season ticket under review due to a joke about elephants - suspect the joke involves damaging company property.

Am fine with the whole business decision debate. He’s got it wrong / I hate the results / he damaging our club. I understand the desire to protest these or not. I can get the current anger on results - jeez am feeling it as well!

But the attacks on his culture, the references have been their since day 1 to be fair but now are being mainstreamed via protest are for me are at least beneath us as a club. 

If DC ownership was one great exercise of sports-washing then I put that under a different category when you come to highlight cultural differences - depending how it’s done of course.  

p.s. cultural debates exist at clubs owned by western and eastern owned clubs as well. 

Not hyperbole at all. It’s racism and it should be called out as such. 

I hope it’s just a case that they haven’t really thought it through properly and seen it for what it is. 

37 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Not hyperbole at all. It’s racism and it should be called out as such. 

I hope it’s just a case that they haven’t really thought it through properly and seen it for what it is. 

29 minutes ago, Chelters said:

In fact I suspect they are already committing a hate crime in the eyes of the law. ‘Hostility based on race’ is the essential definition, they need to be bloody careful. 

'somebody' will have thought about everything but they won't be there at the front. They'll be in the background watching it unfold and planning how to it into the next attack on the club.

There was a tweet read out on Praise or Grumble, from 1867, that said something like they were supporting a planned demonstration outside the directors door at the Sunderland game. 

My initial thought was that was very carefully worded. They're 'supporting' something that no one had heard of until it was read out. Radio Sheffield are also complicit if this goes ahead by broadcasting it in the first place. 

The organisers won't be anywhere near the South Stand on Friday. The least they'll hope for is Chansiri opening the door, like he did last time, and having it out with the fans so they can plaster it on social media, but they'll absolutely cream themselves if plod arrest any of the canon fodder for racial crimes because that will be the petrol for the bonfire. 

2 hours ago, EBRA said:

Maybe DC could turn this attack on his “culture” around by inviting the members of the 1867 group over to Thailand and introduce them to the “lady Boys of Bangkok, with the 9inch surprise!”

Ps.

I’ve never been to Thailand. 🤥

• Haha 1

Excellent points by EBRA and Chelts there

I am critical of Chansiri's reign, but its hopefully about his decision making processes and the lack of planning. Never about his culture or nationality.

I am intrigued by his character, his personality, his background and how that impacts on said decision making, what he says in public, how he perceives the fan base.

The protestor groups are just a bit lacking in know how 

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I am critical of Chansiri's reign, but its hopefully about his decision making processes and the lack of planning. Never about his culture or nationality.

I am intrigued by his character, his personality, his background and how that impacts on said decision making, what he says in public, how he perceives the fan base.

I think that’s a fair post MK. Although they’re looking at things about his culture, I think it’s more about trying to get an understanding of what makes him tick, how and why he makes decisions, and on that basis what action will have the biggest impact. 

9 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I get a feeling we might soon hear what he thinks about the fan base. 

4 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

I think that’s a fair post MK. Although they’re looking at things about his culture, I think it’s more about trying to get an understanding of what makes him tick, how and why he makes decisions, and on that basis what action will have the biggest impact. 

I have said before, I deal with business owners day to day. Not to Chansiri's level of wealth. Understanding them and what makes them tick is part of my process. What makes them successful is those character traits, some good some bad 

But I am not convinced any form of protest will change him, stubbornness is one of the key traits I see in this demographic

Why I ask what does he get out of owning us. Certainly not money, not respect locally.