Catherine Dust F****r Zeta Jones' Swansea v Dejphon Chansiri's Glorious Owls

Andyben

8 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I genuinely do not consider that is case. 

Oh come on.  All we need to do is fire a bloke who had 21 wins in 36 at Watford 2-3 years ago, and bring in someone who knows English football and the Championship, and everything will be fine.  🙄

I hope we are both wrong, because it will be a long fucking season otherwise.

2 minutes ago, owl71 said:

Oh come on.  All we need to do is fire a bloke who had 21 wins in 36 at Watford 2-3 years ago, and bring in someone who knows English football and the Championship, and everything will be fine.  🙄

I hope we are both wrong, because it will be a long fucking season otherwise.

The good news is it can't surely get worse. Well it can't league position wise that's for sure 

I appreciate memories fade but this is certainly one of the worst quality Championship squads we have had, relative to the rest in the league.

I don't see any redeeming features, maybe a new coach will galvanise a little but their basic levels are so piss poor 

2 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Didn’t the squad at Watford just come down from the Prem? I didn’t follow him at Watford but surely he had a squad much better prepped than this one.

Either way it is a results business and this bloke is way out of his depth. 

Yep. They had the majority of their Premier League side. Were already well versed in English football, used to the hustle and bustle of it. When we got him, I clinged onto that hope that he could build upon a decent side. But... It seems the Xisco we got was the one who did fuck all at any of his other jobs.

The way he wants to play needed millions spent on the squad up front. Instead we can only play in our own half and kill ourself. He doesn’t know how to fix it and comes from that dogmatic rather than pragmatic groups of coaches. It’s pretty much negligent to still have him in charge after this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

He's usually very good with it. But when all that happens is it's constantly back at you, and it's pointless passing it forward then.... 

The body language of the players has been awful today. Says everything.

He was absolutely asking for it 2nd half, drawing the forward purposely right to the ball.  WTF?  That one that ricocheted into the side netting?!  

Xisco's post match comments

XM: The performance was very, very strange. After the penalty - maybe it was in, maybe out - it happens The second half we had chances to stay in the game. We are in a difficult dynamic.

The crossbar was an important chance. We need more quality in the last part. We need more patience. The performance, as I say, was strange. 3-0 is like they were high up and we were low down.

On the chants about him. 

XM: All I can say it's important we stay together.

12 minutes ago, Winco said:

I’ll never agree to get DC out cause we’re fucked without him but now I’m all for Xisco going.

shambles.

We are fucked with him in charge. No point having or fronting the money if you have no clue how to utilise it effectively.

His PR skills have simply regressed to embarrassing with the fan base

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

XM: It's important that I believe in the players. I know we need to improve. I know right now we don't have the quality but I know how hard they work. I'll continue until my last day. When I arrived it was not an easy situation.

This comment from him has tipped me right over the top. 

We don't have the quality..... YOU BROUGHT THE PLAYERS IN.

I'll continue till my last day..... I HOPE YOU'VE HAD IT.

When I arrived it was not an easy situation..... 

ZERO accountability for the situation the team find themselves in. 

Get him gone. Absolute clown.

• Like 2

We’ve got a coach who isn’t doing any coaching and is making Jos and Monk look like Sir Alex and Pep. We’ve signed a group of players who are simply not up to this level which is added to a group of players from last season who are not good enough for this level, and we have a forward line that is categorically not good enough for this division.

You add them all together and you have a team that a fully deserving of being bottom of the league, because every team we have played this season has had extended spells of dominance.

I maintained throughout the window that we needed proven Championship quality, and we needed to spend big on a striker. We did neither. The investment in the squad is down to the owner and his advisors. The players we have signed is down to the coach, the owner and his advisors, and the way we are playing, is down to the coach, his staff and the players. None of it is working.

It’s a shambles.

• Like 1

I said at the start of the season he shouldn't  be judged until after 10 league games. I now think it should be 8. Time to go but doubt Chansiri  can afford the payoff for him and all his staff.

If Warnock were to be unveiled as boss on Monday on a short contract contract I'd be happy. Our situation is exactly the type where he excels.

5 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

We’ve got a coach who isn’t doing any coaching and is making Jos and Monk look like Sir Alex and Pep. We’ve signed a group of players who are simply not up to this level which is added to a group of players from last season who are not good enough for this level, and we have a forward line that is categorically not good enough for this division.

You add them all together and you have a team that a fully deserving of being bottom of the league, because every team we have played this season has had extended spells of dominance.

I maintained throughout the window that we needed proven Championship quality, and we needed to spend big on a striker. We did neither. The investment in the squad is down to the owner and his advisors. The players we have signed is down to the coach, the owner and his advisors, and the way we are playing, is down to the coach, his staff and the players. None of it is working.

It’s a shambles.

But apart from that mate, we should be OK yeah?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I said at the start of the season he shouldn't  be judged until after 10 league games. I now think it should be 8. Time to go but doubt Chansiri  can afford the payoff for him and all his staff.

If Warnock were to be unveiled as boss on Monday on a short contract contract I'd be happy. Our situation is exactly the type where he excels.

Fuck me.

obsessed.

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

You didn't need to post it twice to make your point mate. 🙂 

And, technically it is 10 games. In all competitions.

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Just now, HoylandOwl said:

You didn't need to post it twice to make your point mate. 🙂 

And, technically it is 10 games. In all competitions.

Maybe he meant 8 home and 8 away?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Free shots. AKA ones we should win?

Of course. Just that given the late start and wholesale changes,  the cup games were always going to be more experimental.... a chance to try things and players without the white hot pressure of the league games (IMO) 

Anyway I originally said 10 league games and we need to be seeing progress.... I've changed my mind - 8 league games is enough. He needs to go. 

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Of course. Just that given the late start and wholesale changes,  the cup games were always going to be more experimental.... a chance to try things and players without the white hot pressure of the league games (IMO) 

Anyway I originally said 10 league games and we need to be seeing progress.... I've changed my mind - 8 league games is enough. He needs to go. 

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I did have some sympathy for him at the start, and I got the whole 'trust in the process' stuff. It made sense THEN.. But that's what pre season games are for.... Allowances are made for mistakes, lack of cohesion with new players coming in, new systems etc. But, after a few games/weeks, you expect to see more patterns of play appearing, a sense of direction. 

Suppose we do have both now though... We see patterns of absolute shite, and the direction is back down.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I did have some sympathy for him at the start, and I got the whole 'trust in the process' stuff. It made sense THEN.. But that's what pre season games are for.... Allowances are made for mistakes, lack of cohesion with new players coming in, new systems etc. But, after a few games/weeks, you expect to see more patterns of play appearing, a sense of direction. 

Suppose we do have both now though... We see patterns of absolute shite, and the direction is back down.

Yes, no argument from me there. It really is proper bobbar. Got to go before it's  too late.