New manager thread

3 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

It's amusing that this...

...was the very next post

Was supposed to follow this one.

18 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Winds of change blowing through Hillsborough hopefully - not just a new manager.

I've  also read that he has already been studying videos/analysis of us and that work permit(s) have been obtained. Puts paid to the guff about Chansiri dragging his heels.

Hopefully this week has been used to put the players through a hard fitness regime (they'll  need it IMO).

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Not to some nobs, especially on the other site. Hate runs too deep.

Talk of Miroslav Klose coming in as assistant btw.

Thats strike one for the German!!

Having a Pole who played for the Krauts isn't acceptable 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Not to some nobs, especially on the other site. Hate runs too deep.

Talk of Miroslav Klose coming in as assistant btw.

I would be overjoyed with that. Did anyone else read his interview the other day about modern footballers compared to his approach to the game? I was well impressed with what he was saying and whilst I don’t want to count my chickens too early, if he is appointed assistant and brings that approach to SWFC it’s got to be a good thing for us.

https://dailysports.net/news/miroslav-klose-is-disappointed-with-modern-football/#:~:text=Today's young players think first,Klose%2C who retired in 2016.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I would be overjoyed with that. Did anyone else read his interview the other day about modern footballers compared to his approach to the game? I was well impressed with what he was saying and whilst I don’t want to count my chickens too early, if he is appointed assistant and brings that approach to SWFC it’s got to be a good thing for us.

https://dailysports.net/news/miroslav-klose-is-disappointed-with-modern-football/#:~:text=Today's young players think first,Klose%2C who retired in 2016.

Will read now - agree totally with your sentiments.

5 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Cheers for the link

19 minutes ago, lyn_owl said:

According to Alan Nixon on twitter it's pronounced Rearl

Yes, but without any 'ee' sound. Röhl = Roehl when you don't have umlauts.  (But it's a family name and could have come from elsewhere in the past. It does look Germanic, though.  

And let's be reight: the fans will call him something not right. It's an English tradition. Remember Reda? Should have been pronounced 'Raider' apparently. 

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

Hoping all non football admin will be sorted this am so they can announce.

There was plenty xisco did wrong and I think that’s been discussed to death but he was also in that unfortunate spot of being the man right after the Moore shock and expectations were different ie if you get rid of steady Eddy Moore you’re needing to justify that with something better and more exciting which didn’t happen. There was no talk of needing to accept relegation then.

With Rohl, whilst it’s early I think he’s in a similar position to Moore when he came in where the issues were not seen as his fault and was the “builder” so I think fans at least will give him the benefit of the doubt as long as the players are putting a shift in and he manages the media.

So Xisco was brought in as the “but he’s not Darren Moore” buffer, if it works great, it probably won’t so we’ll give him a short term contract let him take the flak then replace him with our real long term first choice in October who will be seen as a saviour compared to the last bloke who was in. 

Expert PR from Chansiri has to be said. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

So Xisco was brought in as the “but he’s not Darren Moore” buffer, if it works great, it probably won’t so we’ll give him a short term contract let him take the flak then replace him with our real long term first choice in October who will be seen as a saviour compared to the last bloke who was in. 

And Carlton. 

5 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

If only that and likely relegation was part of the master plan 😅

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

You'd really have to be!  Let's just hope we don't hear from / about him again at the reveal.

And hopefully we'll have someone sensible just offscreen with a long shepherd's crook, ready for DC this time.

Just a subtle little cattle prod for the when the calculated digs from Staton etc. occur.

Star reporting that back up team will be three German and one 'domestic' btw.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

7 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Just a subtle little cattle prod for the when the calculated digs from Staton etc. occur.

Star reporting that back up team will be three German and one 'domestic' btw.

They were just referencing this:

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

My translation came up as 'local' not domestic.

Where does Colin live again?

1 hour ago, 80s Owl said:

Imagine having to stick negatives like that in on the day a new manager is appointed ffs 🙄

Embarrassing, hope the bald **** gets a head cold this winter that leads to flu and death.

Edited by Reesh
  • Haha 2