New manager thread

57 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Any news on coaching staff ?  Seen a couple of mentions of RB Liepzig staff.  

Would love someone like Ian Holloway to join as a number 2.  Loves Wednesday and maybe his days as a Manager are over.

Nowt screams forward thinking like appointing Ian fucking Holloway

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Would love someone like Ian Holloway to join as a number 2.  Loves Wednesday and maybe his days as a Manager are over.

Rumours that Warburton is the English coach that's coming in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

That could be excellent

That would be expensive but would shut up anyone still saying Chansiri isn't spending his money in the right way. 

Wonder how it would affect Station's club in crisis rhetoric 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

That would be expensive but would shut up anyone still saying Chansiri isn't spending his money in the right way. 

Wonder how it would affect Station's club in crisis rhetoric 

As long as we are on the right tracks....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Can't stand him, ever since I heard him slagging Luggy off nastily on local media down there after we'd won at his Plymouth.

On 14/10/2023 at 11:58, TheExile said:

I think if he keeps us up he’s getting messiah status and we might struggle to keep him. But that would be worth it even if bitter sweet.

I think fans will stick with him as long as he has the team grafting as it’s not had the ability to bring 12 players in 

If we stay up I’d hope he’d only leave for a PL club, which I think would be unlikely after only 1 season as a Head Coach.

However that is the flip side to the rolling contract it potentially means we are vulnerable to a better offer, but it does fit the philosophy that the Head Coach/ Manager is expendable if you have a policy and identity in the club.

Whatever, it a brave and yet potentially exciting appointment. Also as Reesh says DC can’t win either way with some of our fans ie if he appoints on a long contract or the rolling contract approach. I personally think DC has his contract policy right for these appointments.

1 minute ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

If we stay up I’d hope he’d only leave for a PL club, which I think would be unlikely after only 1 season as a Head Coach.

However that is the flip side to the rolling contract it potentially means we are vulnerable to a better offer, but it does fit the philosophy that the Head Coach/ Manager is expendable if you have a policy and identity in the club.

Whatever, it a brave and yet potentially exciting appointment. Also as Reesh says DC can’t win either way with some of our fans ie if he appoints on a long contract or the rolling contract approach. I personally think DC has his contract policy right for these appointments.

Where have you read about a rolling contract cos all I've read is a 2 year contract so far.

Just now, Reesh said:

Where have you read about a rolling contract cos all I've read is a 2 year contract so far.

Oh right not read that but I’m supportive of that, if that what it is. Was in the stir, I don’t read that crap on principle these days?

You can imagine some fans will argue about as well. 2 years or a rolling contract would seem like a pragmatic balance both fronour league status situation and the fact that DR is unproven, do you agree?

4 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Oh right not read that but I’m supportive of that, if that what it is. Was in the stir, I don’t read that crap on principle these days?

You can imagine some fans will argue about as well. 2 years or a rolling contract would seem like a pragmatic balance both fronour league status situation and the fact that DR is unproven, do you agree?

The 2 years was reported in the German press.

I'm happy with 2 years plus an optional year as we need to build and go in a different direction to what we have.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2023 at 15:37, HoylandOwl said:

That would be a decent appointment.

Im struggling to think of many that you would think that would agree to be his assistant(s) that have already managed. Someone that knows the club is Stuart Gray but I can’t see him coming back to work for DC after he got shut of him pdq.

Just now, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

That would be a decent appointment.

Im struggling to think of many that you would think that would agree to be his assistant(s) that have already managed. Someone that knows the club is Stuart Gray but I can’t see him coming back to work for DC after he got shut of him pdq.

I can't see him leaving Fulham, never mind coming back to S6

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I can't see him leaving Fulham, never mind coming back to S6

Agreed. I was just trying to think of experienced English coaches that would be happy being an assistant. As I say I can’t think of many that would fit, unless they are simply looking for a season as a stop gap, which could be what Warburton would do.

7 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Agreed. I was just trying to think of experienced English coaches that would be happy being an assistant. As I say I can’t think of many that would fit, unless they are simply looking for a season as a stop gap, which could be what Warburton would do.

I know what you're saying though re Gray, if we could get someone who had a Wednesday connection and a decent one at that, as part of the new look backroom team, it COULD work wonders for adding to any potential connection that the new man is already trying to achieve.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I know what you're saying though re Gray, if we could get someone who had a Wednesday connection and a decent one at that, as part of the new look backroom team, it COULD work wonders for adding to any potential connection that the new man is already trying to achieve.

Remember how fucking dull Grays football was to watch though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Can't think of many with the Wednesday connection. 

35 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Can't think of many with the Wednesday connection. 

I can!  I was badly wrong with Colin earlier, it's obvious now.  As soon as Danny said he needed the local to help with local issues, tradition, etc, I just knew.  It has to be Carlton!   

Carlton knows the right way to express yourself here: when and how to speak and when to hold your tongue.  No wonder the foreign office diplomats have sought his advice so many times. And as we all know, where would we be without his calm sorting out of the 'he said, she said' when Darren Moore left. Where would we have been without him? 

I feel so relieved, now that it's so obvious. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Lense is a right signing. He's one of the best sports psychologists in football. 

This must be costing Chansiri a lot of money and it'll be interesting to see if more RB staff come in.

Maybe @Andyben might get his wish. 

Maybe the realisation of how much we stand to lose in revenue if we go back down to the third has prompted a rethink?

I'm starting to wonder if DC's outburst was designed to see how much support there was in the ground for regime change and when it became obvious there was minimal it's refocused him. Dunno, could be talking shit as usual.