New manager thread

“Wednesday are now looking to become the second Championship side in seven seasons, after Bolton in 2017-18, to avoid relegation having won three points or fewer in their opening 11 games.”

How many times in the last seven seasons have a team had 3 points or fewer? Can’t have happened that many times. The way they’ve written makes it sound like there’s loads and only Bolton have managed to stay up. 

• Like 1

Rob Staton is a rancid individual, hiding behind the 300 angry “fans” who won’t be happy until the chairman is gone. It’s lazy click bait journalism. He was at Munoz in every single press conference about Marvin, just to keep himself relevant. Hopefully one day he can reflect at home, alone on the part he played in giving them “their club” back and getting them £5 off their tickets and £10 off the cost off a shirt. 

It won’t cross his mind that none of the 300 subsequently bought either a ticket or a shirt. 

I’d like to think that Nev aside, most of the real fans will acknowledge that DC acted at the right time with regard to Munoz and has made an appointment which shows he’s got the best interests of the club at heart. Most of us on here want to see longer term planning and bringing Röhl in points to that. I think many of those at Hillsborough who joined in with the Chansiri out chants got swept up in the emotion of the utterly dog shit performance against Sunderland. I don’t think we’ll hear much anti DC chanting for a while. 

I think with this appointment Chansiri has shown he intends to be here for a while to come. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

I reckon you said that about Xisco 🤸‍♂️

Tbf I think I probably did.  🤨

Basically it’s another intelligent gamble.  If Chansiri makes enough intelligent gambles maybe one will come off.  

Abso-fucking-lutely delighted it’s not Colin.

11 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Never doubted he doesn’t have the clubs best interest at heart, just his ability. I mean the Munoz sacking was at least 3 games too late

Anyway, new man appointed so time to put issues around the chairman aside and support Röhl

UTO’s

I can’t “like” this comment as I’ve seemingly used up my allowance for the day but I would have done do, had I not. I agree, time to get behind the team, manager and club. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Never doubted he doesn’t have the clubs best interest at heart, just his ability. I mean the Munoz sacking was at least 3 games too late

Anyway, new man appointed so time to put issues around the chairman aside and support Röhl

UTO’s

Chansiri was damned if he did and damned if he didn't over sacking Munoz after such a short stint in charge though. 

48 minutes ago, owl71 said:

Our fanbase will be 100% behind Rohl until someone misplaces a pass against Toytown…then the usual trying to prove you’re a bit more knowledgeable than everyone else bullshit will start.

I think he’ll get longer. Especially if there’s a semblance of what he said in his interview on show. 

We should come together now Chairman and fans and be grateful that DR has put his faith in his career to plunge himself into management with us.

His pedigree as a coach is very high and he speaks very well. 
I am not a fan of the Chairman’s public speaking or certain other things but I am willing to say good appointment Mr Chairman and no more negative comments from me. I’m 100% behind this appointment and I hope the players are buzzing too and willing to give their all to keep the club up this season.

Edited by Laceups
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Laceups said:

We should come together now Chairman and fans and be grateful that DR has put his faith in his career to plunge himself into management with us.

His pedigree as a coach is very high and he speaks very well. 
I am not a fan of the Chairman’s public speaking or certain other things but I am willing to say good appointment Mr Chairman and no more negative comments from me. I’m 100% behind this appointment and I hope the players are buzzing too and willing to give their all to keep the club up this season.

I think the positive is that DC kept pretty quiet this time round.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

I think the positive is that DC kept pretty quiet this time round.

Whilst I doubt anyone could have a quiet word in his ear, it's like someone has actually done that. Or perhaps if his Mrs and kids are still in the country he is tamed 

I thought DC conducted himself very well at the conference - much to the chagrin of his critics who's best shots have been "I couldn't  understand a word of that" or "he just had to bring up Xisco to justify employing him". I thought his respect for Xisco was a nice touch personally. I also think that his comment re Röhl continuing from Xisco was lost in translation.  Not literally follow but to evolve away from the Moore style. Xisco tried, in haste maybe, and perhaps without the skills but change was/is necessary.

Another thing, DC was copping flak with unfavourable  comparisons with Birmingham. Well it took 9 days from sacking to new man announced. 9 days to select target, make approach, discussions, agree terms, get international clearance and work permits.

Anyone  preferring Rooney? Well played DC.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Yes, attention to detail . Didn't  waste a week on ifs, buts and may be- got down to some vital prep. Great stuff.

Hope Thommo was tasked with a hard week of fitness training this past week too.