Boxing thread

Reesh

On 27/05/2024 at 17:29, Reesh said:

Yeah it was a good fight and the scorecard were a bit wide but I too had Catterall by 3/4 rounds, how Bob Arum spoke that shit after is beyond me and Bellew chats shit too.

Much better fight than the first, which everyone in boxing had Catterall winning by 3 rounds.

I thought it was closer fight this time. But, I think Catterall did the better work. He had Taylor in all kinds of trouble at times, whereas I never felt Taylor hurt Catterall. I probably had Catterall by two rounds but the scoring was nuts by the two that made it as wide as it was.

I don’t want a third fight. Catterall should be world champ, and Taylor needs to move up in weight to 147. He’s interestingis Catterall, skill wise he’s top drawer, and if he improves the gas tank, he’s a nightmare for a lot of fighters. Defensively he’s brilliant. He’s got that Floyd shoulder roll, which as a southpaw causes chaos.

• Like 1

Well.....

Who predicted a white wash for Queensbury in Saturday in the 5v5....

Fight if the night for me was Ball vs Ford, that was unbelievable! What a scrap that was, I'm hoping for a part 2 in that one, both fighters bought their A game.

Dubois, he gets better by the fight, I'd love to see him vs Parker or AJ.

Zhang, at 41 is an absolute monster, the knockout of Wilder was a beaut and has surely retired Deontay now? He's got money in the bank, enjoy it and your health & move on.

Credit all round for a great night of boxing.