The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

52 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Dingles appointing manager that took Cheltenham down. 😂

Must have seen that Bayern Munich are appointing Kompany. 

To be fair Cheltenham didn't score or win in their first ten before he came in.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Yeah I remember that now, he's no Danny Rohl though. 😁

I think he was at Port Vale before Cheltenham. 

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Yeah I remember that now, he's no Danny Rohl though. 😁

I think he was at Port Vale before Cheltenham. 

He's had a rough couple of years, his daughter committed suicide in 2022 and he stepped away from the Vale job.

• Sad 1

That whole Poch thing has forced a bit of panic.

Ten Haag is clearly gone with Man Utd speaking with McKenna. McKenna was also on the list of Brighton and Chelsea.

As I said yesterday, if I am Radcliffe, I’m on the phone to Poch. Let Chelsea take a chance on McKenna.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Rooney to Plymouth.....

Sky bet have closed book on betting for new manager, Heckingbottom was favourite this morning. 

Rooney would be a big risk after Birmingham shenanigans. 

Good luck with that one Plymouth. 🤣

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Sky bet have closed book on betting for new manager, Heckingbottom was favourite this morning. 

Rooney would be a big risk after Birmingham shenanigans. 

Good luck with that one Plymouth. 🤣

Rooney would be a risk for anyone. He’s done nothing to suggest otherwise IMO

4 hours ago, Reesh said:

They gave themselves a chance late on, after narrow defeats, by winning away at Burton and at home to Peterborough with a week to go. I looked for their last day result but sadly they lost, narrowly again, to Stevenage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

They gave themselves a chance late on, after narrow defeats, by winning away at Burton and at home to Peterborough with a week to go. I looked for their last day result but sadly they lost, narrowly again, to Stevenage.

He got 42 points from 36 games, extrapolate that and he keeps them up over a season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

He got 42 points from 36 games, extrapolate that and he keeps them up over a season.

Good record but he might have his work cut out with Dingles.  Pee'd off fanbase with ownership. Team that dropped right off.  

16 hours ago, Reesh said:

Yep, did a not dissimilar job to Danny but didn’t quite pull it off. They’re not happy to be losing him. 

15 hours ago, KrolMong said:

That whole Poch thing has forced a bit of panic.

Ten Haag is clearly gone with Man Utd speaking with McKenna. McKenna was also on the list of Brighton and Chelsea.

As I said yesterday, if I am Radcliffe, I’m on the phone to Poch. Let Chelsea take a chance on McKenna.

Trying to get info on the Maresca to Chelsea rumour from lady at work who's Son is one of Maresca's Assistants at Leicester.  Says she gets told nothing and relies on me for info !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That sounds like the first line of an oompah band singalong song.    🙉

It could be the first line in a link between La Masia and Hillsborough. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Fabrizio Romano now reporting that Rooney to Plymouth is done. I wonder if they’re appointing him because he saved them from relegation last season?

I cannot believe they are throwing away all they have done in the last few years. 

Ridiculous appointment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gamblor said:

Fabrizio Romano now reporting that Rooney to Plymouth is done. I wonder if they’re appointing him because he saved them from relegation last season?

I wonder if Rooney bought the job which is not as far fetched as it seems as Peter Shilton bought the managership of Plymouth in the 1990's 

On 24/05/2024 at 22:01, MAL said:

I cannot believe they are throwing away all they have done in the last few years. 

Ridiculous appointment. 

This. 
but…. It will likely mean (if they keep him until the end of the season) there’s one relegation spot filled already, so the teams coming up will Be a little less concerned about staying up. 

1 minute ago, HoylandOwl said:

Thank you Mr Flick, Gavi on loan if you please…. 

Opportunity for Yamal to prove early in his career that he can do it on a cold night in Stoke. 

They probably have some players who are more appropriate for our level too. 

1 minute ago, owl4ever1867 said:

How on earth has Vincent Kompany got the Bayern Munich job!

Alonso said no, Nagelsmann said no, Rangnick said no, Flick said no, Tuchel said no, ten Hag apparently said no and I could be forgetting someone too. Basically, they were a couple of rejections away from offering it to Colin. 

• Haha 1

I mean we are all delighted Rohl is staying but let's not pretend he would be any different to every other manager out there. Despite everything they say they will fuck off if the right opportunity is offered to them. 

Enjoy the chest beating symbolic gestures, but don't get too engaged as when the stab in the back arises it hurts less. I am grateful that Ron Atkinson taught me that football life lesson 33 years ago

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I mean we are all delighted Rohl is staying but let's not pretend he would be any different to every other manager out there. Despite everything they say they will fuck off if the right opportunity is offered to them. 

Enjoy the chest beating symbolic gestures, but don't get too engaged as when the stab in the back arises it hurts less. I am grateful that Ron Atkinson taught me that football life lesson 33 years ago

Bloke wins the lottery scooping £165m

Mkowl "he'll not be happy"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Gamblor said:

Alonso said no, Nagelsmann said no, Rangnick said no, Flick said no, Tuchel said no, ten Hag apparently said no and I could be forgetting someone too. Basically, they were a couple of rejections away from offering it to Colin. 

“SHARON!!! WE’RE MOVING TO MUNICH”

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

10th choice apparently.

Helps us though.

If Kompany makes a mess of it and they'll go for tried and trusted again, and not gamble on a younger unproven manager

So probably gives us 3yrs before they'd look at DR by which time we'll either be in or around th PL or he'd have left anyway 

Edited by Andyben

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Paying the fees to avoid the £66m potential IHT bill 

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Paying the fees to avoid the £66m potential IHT bill 

Blow the fucking lot on drugs and hookers