The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

13 hours ago, Andyben said:

Your pal is more Linley Lane Liberace 

🤮   Youlgreave Drive, I suspect.   But when he first managed in That London he had the perfect Mrs. Doubtfire makeover.  Not a pretty sight to start with, that looked horrendous.  Someone did an actual Mrs. Doubtfire 'poster' of him at the time: might actually have seen it on here. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Apparently lost his shit in the changing room after Saturday's loss to Oxford and went full Warnock. A couple of the little precious didn't like it and complained to Waters and Coates yesterday. It seems a few players ignored the half time tactical switch to counter Oxford's press and then just strolled about

To be honest they were played off the park by Oxford who sewed them up and allowed them no space. 

Edited by Tylluan

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Apparently lost his shit in the changing room after Saturday's loss to Oxford and went full Warnock. A couple of the little precious didn't like it and complained to Waters and Coates yesterday. It seems a few players ignored the half time tactical switch to counter Oxford's press and then just strolled about

To be honest they were played off the park by Oxford who sewed them up and allowed them no space. 

Walters seems like a right snakey ****....

• Like 1

I always think there is plenty of mumblings in the background before this, either the manager becomes unhappy eg Howe at the Geordies or a few senior pros questioning things - see there are whispers about the Cardiff manager.

I guess that Rohl did turn it around last season for us, justifies it a. bit more, ie you can turn it around

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I always think there is plenty of mumblings in the background before this, either the manager becomes unhappy eg Howe at the Geordies or a few senior pros questioning things - see there are whispers about the Cardiff manager.

I guess that Rohl did turn it around last season for us, justifies it a. bit more, ie you can turn it around

The thing is, you can only turn it around if the players, or at least the senior players want to turn it around.

The manager can put the players out and tell them what to do, but whether they do it or not is a different story.