The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

• 2 weeks later...

Klipperty has become head of global soccer for Red Bull. He'll have a say in how all Red Bull's clubs are run. 

But he has an early release clause that says he can leave to be the German National team head coach if they come calling 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Klipperty has become head of global soccer for Red Bull. He'll have a say in how all Red Bull's clubs are run. 

But he has an early release clause that says he can leave to be the German National team head coach if they come calling 

@Andyben thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

What are folks thoughts on this appointment (if it happens, which it sounds as though it will)?

I'm undecided. Is it going to be more of the same style as Southgate, risk averse? 

I think he's several levels above The Fraud™️ and will reserve judgement until we have some serious matches, but he does seem to fall out with owners quite often so maybe the lack of day to day stresses will remove that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

What are folks thoughts on this appointment (if it happens, which it sounds as though it will)?

I'm undecided. Is it going to be more of the same style as Southgate, risk averse? 

He's a serial winner at club level and he played decent football previously but I fear he will revert to the boring football of Chelsea.

• Like 1

Tuchel isn't strong enough to solve the problem of who plays behind Kane. I also don't think he's strong enough to deal with the media and social media scrutiny that comes with the role. Some of his under pressure press conferences at Chelsea were a bit flakey. The fact he's German will lie heavy in some quarters if results or style of football isn't going to how they think it should. 

(While just writing that I had the Phil Jupitus press reporter character in my head from Mike Bassett)

Formation wise he's a bit of a chameleon, adapting to what he's got but he played 3-4-3 at Chelsea with two number 10s but they dropped in when the wing backs bombed on.

Here's an idea of what you could expect https://pythagorasinboots.com/thomas-tuchel-●-tactical-analysis/#:~:text=On the pitch%2C Tuchel experimented,-2-1-2.

• Like 1

Mistake.

Fa have shit themselves and panicked due to the perfect storm of: The performance (and result) against Greece; the fact Carsley basically said he didn't want it after said game; and the constant, incessant ramblings of former pros and the media who have created such a furore about the (completely made up) 'uncertainty' around the desperate need to appoint a manager quickly. Which really wasn't needed seeing as how there isn't a tournament until 2026. 

Fucking thick clout chasing *****

Some of the press seem upset at the appointment of a German. The same people,in some cases,complain about how easily others are offended by current issues yet are themselves upset about this.We eventually have to deal with the past.My parents were of the generation that went through WW2..It didn’t make them resent all German and Japanese people.

I wonder how many of these reporters have German cars for example.

23 hours ago, mkowl said:

Enjoying all the "I am not racist" crowd getting upset by us not having an English manager 

The reason is the best one out there is Eddie Howe - really 

Interesting stats on Sky Sports this morning. 

No English manager has won the top flight managing a club in this country since, 1992. Howard Wilkinson.

No English manager has won the European Cup / Champions League since 1997. Bobby Robson.

Maybe our managers aren’t as successful as some people think after all. 

7 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Maybe our managers aren’t as successful as some people think after all. 

A lot of sports writers are now blaming the FA's version of the Pro Licence (there are slight differences) and are using Tuchel's assistant as an example. Anthony Barry got his Pro by writing his dissertation on premier league throw ins, studying 16,380 throw ins and their outcomes. The press is just centering on the throw ins bit and how writing something random can get you the accreditation to manage a top end football team. 

On 17/10/2024 at 05:19, fOWLmouth said:

Some of the press seem upset at the appointment of a German. The same people,in some cases,complain about how easily others are offended by current issues yet are themselves upset about this.We eventually have to deal with the past.My parents were of the generation that went through WW2..It didn’t make them resent all German and Japanese people.

I wonder how many of these reporters have German cars for example.

Wonder how those reporters would feel if King George V didn't change the royal family surname from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor.

Edited by Kiwi Owl
  • Like 1