24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

Any rumours about any of younger lads going out on loan to get games?. I would think Cadamateri out on loan on for half a season to get say 15  games would be a good move, but maybe DR sees him playing more for us next season.

13 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Any rumours about any of younger lads going out on loan to get games?. I would think Cadamateri out on loan on for half a season to get say 15  games would be a good move, but maybe DR sees him playing more for us next season.

I think that's a crap move and he's better getting game time, goals and learning under DR.

On 30/05/2024 at 07:37, Reesh said:

Bet you giggle when you see a signpost for Penistone.

See when you lived just down the road then the mirth of said place name simply passed you by most the time

It is pronounced  Pen-is-tun and never really thought about it being rude.

Familiarity I guess 

2 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

I think that's a crap move and he's better getting game time, goals and learning under DR.

Nothing posted for a.week, someone mentioned young lads and here he is...😂 

Posted (edited)
On 01/06/2024 at 05:46, tomcore said:

Stockport isn't far to drive him to.

What happened to him? Injuries aside. A lot of people were excited when he signed. He's just looked rubbish everytime I've seen him. 

He's been rubbish because he has rarely played in his natural position, if at all during his time with us so far.

At Hull, he was on the right side of a 3 up front. Similar position to the likes of what Shodipo, Corbenau, Mendez-Laing, Mighten etc thrive in (left or right side of a 3). Not a natural all out and out striker, more a wing minded striker that cuts in when possible.

I don't think he ever played that position as Moore always played a 3-5-2. Wilks was never a wing back, nor was he ever an out and out striker in a 2.

There is a player there looking at his time at Hull. Wouldn't be a bad signing for a league one side if they play him in his natural position.

Think Moore wanted to play that tactic but after the 3-0 defeat at Plymouth, he binned it. 

Edited by Kiwi Owl

2 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Think Moore wanted to play that tactic but after the 3-0 defeat at Plymouth, he binned it. 

He binned it to accommodate Bannan and the slow down of pace 

2 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Oh well, it was nice whilst it lasted. Not given up hope just yet though but wouldn’t get into a bidding war for him.

Another piece of 'understand' circumstantial clickbait from Miller to fill a few lines on the stir website.

Troyes are in financial difficulty. A deal for City group to take over has been bombed after their second relegation. 

Ugbo has 2 seasons left in his contract but was loaned out last season because they couldn't afford his wages (although they needed his goals) and needed the loan fees. His wages will still be the same if they can't offload him so they're trying to start a bidding war but ultimately it'll be Ugbo that decides where he goes. Players aren't commodities anymore that can be forcibly moved on against their will. Ugbo could walk for nothing under breach of contract if they try.

TransferMarket has him at £2.8m but he's nowhere near that in reality unless someone wants to pay it. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Another piece of 'understand' circumstantial clickbait from Miller to fill a few lines on the stir website.

Troyes are in financial difficulty. A deal for City group to take over has been bombed after their second relegation. 

Ugbo has 2 seasons left in his contract but was loaned out last season because they couldn't afford his wages (although they needed his goals) and needed the loan fees. His wages will still be the same if they can't offload him so they're trying to start a bidding war but ultimately it'll be Ugbo that decides where he goes. Players aren't commodities anymore that can be forcibly moved on against their will. Ugbo could walk for nothing under breach of contract if they try.

TransferMarket has him at £2.8m but he's nowhere near that in reality unless someone wants to pay it. 

So @TylluanDC gives Röhl £1m and £20k pw for a number 9.

We have  Musaba, Gassama, Smith BTC and Wilks, Windass is elsewhere.

I'm buying Ugbo for £600k and knocking on Jason Wilcox door for Wheatley on a seasons long loan.

If both come in. Baileys on a half season loanin L1/2, Wilks is made available. Smith still has a role as the only senior forward.

What you thinking...

Edited by Andyben

14 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

WTF you on about? 😂😂😂Did you read the article?👀

He has played in Canada so wouldn’t be considered an international player but the wages he’d be on would make him a designated player where clubs can only have 3. Don’t know if that’s on the books or on the pitch though.

...are you really this thick to believe a Stir Employee over me?

Born Lewisham. Moved to Canada. Moved back aged 8. Signed for Chelsea U10s. Stayed at Chelsea till signing academy. Then professional till 2021.

Sold to Genk, then Troyes in Jan 2022.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The Homegrown Player Rule is a Major League Soccer (MLS) program that allows MLS teams to sign local players from their own development academies directly to MLS first-team rosters. Here are the key points to understand:

Eligibility:

Players must reside in a team's "Home Territory" for at least one year prior to being added to the team's Homegrown Player List.

Players must be added to an MLS team's Homegrown Player List prior to entering a four-year college, but can maintain their Homegrown Player status during college if registered before entering that institution.

Protected List:

Each MLS team has a protected list of up to 54 players, including:
    + 45 players who play in their academy
    + 9 players who live in their "Home Territory" but are not in their academy
 These players are protected from being signed by other MLS teams without the team's permission.

Protected List Requirements:

Teams must protect a minimum of 10 and maximum of 20 players from their under-15 and under-17 MLS Next academy teams.
 Teams must protect a minimum of 5 and maximum of 15 players from the under-19 age group.
 If an MLS team does not field an under-19 academy team, it can only protect a maximum of 40 registered academy players.

Homegrown Player Funds:

MLS has a supplementary salary budget for Homegrown Players registered using senior roster slots, known as Homegrown Player Funds.

Homegrown Player Rule Changes:

In 2022, MLS loosened the rules regarding Homegrown Players, allowing teams to:
    + Sign players who live in their "Home Territory" but are not in their academy
    + Move players who are not on their protected list to another MLS team without compensation
    + Update their protected lists every few months

Key Takeaways:

The Homegrown Player Rule aims to encourage MLS teams to develop and retain local talent.
 The protected list allows teams to retain control over their academy players and prevent other teams from signing them.
 The Homegrown Player Funds provide a supplementary salary budget for teams to sign and develop local talent.

These rules are subject to change, and it's essential to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in MLS regulations regarding Homegrown Players.

Edited by Andyben

Just now, Alan Finney said:

And the first defence of the misinformed is to produce reams of literature to support their case, it doesn’t work. I’m with Alex on this one.

Cool.

Stick with The Stir, you'll go far.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

So @TylluanDC gives Röhl £1m and £20k pw for a number 9.

We have  Musaba, Gassama, Smith BTC and Wilks, Windass is elsewhere.

I'm buying Ugbo for £600k and knocking on Jason Wilcox door for Wheatley on a seasons long loan.

If both come in. Baileys on a half season loanin L1/2, Wilks is made available. Smith still has a role as the only senior forward.

What you thinking...

Man Utd won't let Wheatley out on loan, at least not until January. He's stepping up into their PL2 team and may possibly get League Cup game time. 

I'd take Liam Delap, who was at Hull last season on loan from Man City. Depends on what happens at Leicester but I'd be asking about Tom Cannon on loan. Both proven Championship scorers.  

I'd also look to keep Bailey and move Smith on. 

Sturm Graz apparently can't/won't pay Arsenal's asking price for Mika Biereth so they may look to send him out on loan and Rohl likes him. 

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Man Utd won't let Wheatley out on loan, at least not until January. He's stepping up into their PL2 team and may possibly get League Cup game time. 

I'd take Liam Delap, who was at Hull last season on loan from Man City. Depends on what happens at Leicester but I'd be asking about Tom Cannon on loan. Both proven Championship scorers.  

I'd also look to keep Bailey and move Smith on. 

Sturm Graz apparently can't/won't pay Arsenal's asking price for Mika Biereth so they may look to send him out on loan and Rohl likes him. 

My worry with Biereth is, would he drop down to the Championship after playing in Europe last season?

2 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

My worry with Biereth is, would he drop down to the Championship after playing in Europe last season?

He'll play wherever Arsenal put him if no one buys him

17 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Experienced keeper Hamer coming towards end of his career so maybe goalkeeping coach sometime in near future. 

Does Sal Bibbo know you're touting his job about?

• Haha 1

Hamer to replace Dawson as back up to Beadle (or new first choice keeper).

Allows Charles to go out on loan. Unless there are plans to use Charles as the new no.1! Promote Hall(?) from U21s to third choice.

Posted (edited)

Crann linking us with Elfsborg midfielder Michael Baidoo, asking price 3 to 4 million euro. 

Not sure we are in a position to spend that sort of money. 

Edited by bradowl

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Crann linking us with Elfsborg midfielder Michael Baidoo, asking price 3 to 4 million euro. 

Not sure we are in a position to spend that sort of money. 

I think money is there if needed like we would have paid for McGuire in January.

9 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I think money is there if needed like we would have paid for McGuire in January.

Whatever happened to McGuire, is he now a Blackburn player (when the transfer window opens)? Or has that ship sailed?

Baidoo looks an interesting one, good goal record for Elfsborg, but they have no manager at present (as he got the Aberdeen gig). Wonder if the thinking is to nip in before he plays in the Europa Conference league later in the year?!

4 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Whatever happened to McGuire, is he now a Blackburn player (when the transfer window opens)? Or has that ship sailed?

Baidoo looks an interesting one, good goal record for Elfsborg, but they have no manager at present (as he got the Aberdeen gig). Wonder if the thinking is to nip in before he plays in the Europa Conference league later in the year?!

No he's still an Orlando player and has stated it would take a lot (£££) for him to revisit the Blackburn deal.

Baidoo looks a player and fills the Windass role should Josh move on

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reesh said:

No he's still an Orlando player and has stated it would take a lot (£££) for him to revisit the Blackburn deal.

Baidoo looks a player and fills the Windass role should Josh move on

Having watched McGuire a lot, I can't decide whether he'll do well in this league or bomb. 

18 minutes ago, Southy_SWFC said:

Having watched McGuire a lot, I can't decide whether he'll do well in this league or bomb. 

From the brief highlights I've seen he looks a player but the standard is much different