24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

2 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Winwood was good without a doubt. Visuals though it has to go to Eric Pridz surely. This songs got legs for next season I reckon.

I actually find that video far better on mute.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Clearly he’s wearing that hoody as the home kit hasn’t arrived yet 🤣

Been told the kit reveals will be at Owls in the Park on the 29th and there'll be pop up shops onsite selling them. 

Wonder how many will be walking round the park in the Dhgate shirts before the 'reveal' though

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

So, we’ve got 3 in so far…..

if we got Beadle, Ugbo, Dembele, Poveda too….  
Who else would you go for?

Another centre back, perhaps another central midfielder and maybe another striker… ?

Did you copy and paste this on X?

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Another centre back, perhaps another central midfielder and maybe another striker… ?

I’m starting to wonder if Ugbo may be too expensive for us. He’d be no1 target if we had any chance though.

I think we’d need two cms, a striker in addition to Ugbo if he arrived, and at least one attacking mid/winger type if we are looking at the 343 formation again. That’s assuming Bernard and Windass stay. If not then we need to replace them too.

Its the cm positions and a striker that feel the most make or break though 

8 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Think I’d go along with that. Centre midfield has to be a priority for me. It wasn’t the strongest anyway but with Vaulks gone we need more in that position.

Windass situation needs resolving quickly, as has been alluded to. For once though I’m confident we’ll strengthen where we need to, and that we’ll recruit well, but I’d still be grateful if DC was able to release the purse strings a bit more than I expect he can, so we can bring some real proven quality in.

I’d like next season to be the beginning of a long term rebuilding plan for the club, rather than continual chop and change and shopping in the bargain basement. 

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

Sory Kaba latest name linked.

Kevin Beadell took him to Cardiff on loan a couple of seasons ago where he scored 8 in 13 to save them from relegation. 

Cardiff wanted him to stay but he wanted higher football so signed for Las Palmas but he's bombed in La Liga. Couldn't settle and the team wasn't set up for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Think I’d go along with that. Centre midfield has to be a priority for me. It wasn’t the strongest anyway but with Vaulks gone we need more in that position.

Windass situation needs resolving quickly, as has been alluded to. For once though I’m confident we’ll strengthen where we need to, and that we’ll recruit well, but I’d still be grateful if DC was able to release the purse strings a bit more than I expect he can, so we can bring some real proven quality in.

I’d like next season to be the beginning of a long term rebuilding plan for the club, rather than continual chop and change and shopping in the bargain basement. 

I think the long term building plan has already started with the likes of Musaba and Gasama signing and the promotion of Cadamateri to the first team. 

It does make me chuckle when you mention loosening the purse strings. DC really can't win, he splashed the cash, that was wrong and he should have been more prudent, now he's more prudent he should splash the cash...poor bloke really can't win can he 🤔😆

5 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

I think the long term building plan has already started with the likes of Musaba and Gasama signing and the promotion of Cadamateri to the first team. 

It does make me chuckle when you mention loosening the purse strings. DC really can't win, he splashed the cash, that was wrong and he should have been more prudent, now he's more prudent he should splash the cash...poor bloke really can't win can he 🤔😆

I’m not being critical of DC on that one, I’m appreciative of what he’s done and is doing. What I mean is that now we have a decent manager and back room staff, I wish we could have the pick of the fruit when it comes to signings, rather than be restricted to the low hanging fruit on the tree. 

You’ll get no grumblings from me when it comes to DC, more that it’s wishful thinking on my part and me wanting Danny to be unrestricted when it comes to his transfer dealings. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Ali Al-Hamadi, of Ipswich being linked with us by a few transfer accounts on the tweeter. 

We were 'linked' before he went to Ipswich but it was whether we could gamble on someone from lower down being productive enough to keep us up. 

He's looked 'busy' when he's had his chances at Ipswich. If he's coming in on loan then he'd be an upgrade on Wilks. 

8 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

We were 'linked' before he went to Ipswich but it was whether we could gamble on someone from lower down being productive enough to keep us up. 

He's looked 'busy' when he's had his chances at Ipswich. If he's coming in on loan then he'd be an upgrade on Wilks. 

Mate. You and I would be an upgrade on Wilks, even at our age. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/06/2024 at 19:58, HoylandOwl said:

On 11/06/2024 at 22:07, TheExile said:

Seems to play a solid 25-30 games a season 😅

Finally had a bit of time, so here you go for last season...

MaxLoweStats2023-2024.thumb.png.96400a3d60f19c06dbc4ffd9ec326faf.png

Ingelsson has played for some good clubs and if nothing else looks like a physical and hard working midfield player that gets up and down. We have sorely missed that so whilst based on limited knowledge it’s a thumbs up from me. Particularly if he’s free and 26.

3 hours ago, TheExile said:

Ingelsson has played for some good clubs and if nothing else looks like a physical and hard working midfield player that gets up and down. We have sorely missed that so whilst based on limited knowledge it’s a thumbs up from me. Particularly if he’s free and 26.

Any relation to Klas Ingelsson? 

Edited by bradowl

I’d heard talk of a recently relegated Bundesliga player coming in earlier this week but I couldn’t work out who it was, turns out I was trying to narrow it down in the league above rather than looking at bundesliga 2 🤦🏼‍♂️

Does sound like it was a rohl suggestion and one that was nailed on so hopefully that’s the case.