24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Charlie McNeill any thoughts @Tylluan??

In all honesty I don't know. Set off ok on loan at Stevenage. He was busy and productive but he didn't seem to get the physicality of League 1 and he's dumped after 4 games by Evans and doesn't even make matchday squads until Man Utd recall him in Jan and stick him back in PL2 where he has a bit of a confidence drop in there as well. You could say if he couldn't force himself onto at least Stevenage's then is there an 'adult' player in there but I think Stevenage was the wrong move full stop and Evans realised that but couldn't get rid til Jan. McNeill did ok at Newport and actually grew with the game time he got.

He's not the same type of forward as Bailey so I wouldn't be bothered about him taking time away. He wears 9 for Utd's reserves but plays more like a 10. Likes to come short,pick up, then flick a pass on and move for the return. He's quick and in kids football he's also quick footed and a quick thinker. He can see a pass but doesn't stop to admire it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

In all honesty I don't know. Set off ok on loan at Stevenage. He was busy and productive but he didn't seem to get the physicality of League 1 and he's dumped after 4 games by Evans and doesn't even make matchday squads until Man Utd recall him in Jan and stick him back in PL2 where he has a bit of a confidence drop in there as well. You could say if he couldn't force himself onto at least Stevenage's then is there an 'adult' player in there but I think Stevenage was the wrong move full stop and Evans realised that but couldn't get rid til Jan. McNeill did ok at Newport and actually grew with the game time he got.

He's not the same type of forward as Bailey so I wouldn't be bothered about him taking time away. He wears 9 for Utd's reserves but plays more like a 10. Likes to come short,pick up, then flick a pass on and move for the return. He's quick and in kids football he's also quick footed and a quick thinker. He can see a pass but doesn't stop to admire it. 

Thanks for that. 

He was at Hillsborough when we had that partnership with Man Yoo and came alongside Mainoo. Sounds like Beadell sort of deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Lowe and the Swede having medicals tomorrow I’m told.

Same source also says both derbies will be Sunday’s at 12.30.

no idea if true as he’s dibble.

Not a chance the derby at theirs will be 12.30 on Remembrance Sunday

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

can't wait to see Bannan refuse to pass to him and try pinging it 70 yards crossfield instead

More bothered about him ignoring him in unmarked 70 yards of space to try and squeeze the ball through 5 players to Windass or Marv on the left touchline.

10 hours ago, TheExile said:

Jamal Lowe will be a good signing for us on a free. It’s a shame we didn’t get him last time.  Just not sure if he’s a Windass replacement or an alternative to Ugbo.

Always impressed me when I've watched him, hope it's true that we've managed to get him in....

One of the biggest signings of the summer for us seems to be done.

Chris Powell was in the video the club has put out, its difficult to measure his impact within the group but great to see.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Genuine question - whats this Ingelsson like as a player 

5 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

@TWFootball1867 has a thread on Twitter. Detailed analysis as always. 

Unless the answer you were looking for was “reet good” or “shite”?

The answer old MK is looking for probably starts "I remember when I..."

8 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

or "I have a client......" ?

Well the last call with Samantha about an hour ago discussed the prospect of me going to her house to see her jugs and discuss her mobile massage service business idea 

Not very good on football transfers though  

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Well the last call with Samantha about an hour ago discussed the prospect of me going to her house to see her jugs and discuss her mobile massage service business idea 

Not very good on football transfers though  

She obviously needs to get a grip then or Hawk Tuah

I think Ingelsson can play either LW or CM, but with the players available for us I’d guess he’s more likely to play centrally with Johnson or Lowe on the left if it’s still 343 type formation. Unless of course it’s like putting Adam Reach in the middle of the pitch at which point he’s definitely going out wide…will be interesting to see how it all fits in due course.