24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

1 hour ago, Alan Finney said:

Things are shaping up pretty well I reckon. Some of our lot have been wetting themselves about the lack of signings. 

I agree. And lack of signings? Euros/ Copa America year and we’ve already got 4 in, who all look quality and exactly what’s needed, before July’s even started 😂

No pleasing some of our bedwetters jfc.

Absolutely loved hearing DR talk about the signings on YouTube earlier too. I can’t remember the last time we had a manager who was so open and clear about the decisions he’s making and why. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan Finney said:

reckon we'll be very close to top 6.

I'd be happy with top 10. The first 11 might be strong enough but you have to look at the squad and at the moment there are holes in our back up

6 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

And so would I mate. Problem is, as far as Wednesday go I always think we're going to be or do better than we usually do. I've always been the same, and that's for over 60 years now and I'm not about to change now. Top 6 it is then.😂

See I find it's always easier to be cautiously pessimistic, then anything above avoiding relegation is a bonus.

It is ridiculously difficult to get in the top 6, even top 10 really. Even with improving the squad and a decent manager the reality is there are not really any weak teams in the entire division. 

7 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

And so would I mate. Problem is, as far as Wednesday go I always think we're going to be or do better than we usually do. I've always been the same, and that's for over 60 years now and I'm not about to change now. Top 6 it is then.😂

That's cos you're very stupid

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

See I find it's always easier to be cautiously pessimistic, then anything above avoiding relegation is a bonus.

It is ridiculously difficult to get in the top 6, even top 10 really. Even with improving the squad and a decent manager the reality is there are not really any weak teams in the entire division. 

It isn't ridiculously difficult to make the top 10 as Ipswich showed last season. Also look at the other clubs making that top 10 and under Röhl we outperformed most if not all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

It isn't ridiculously difficult to make the top 10 as Ipswich showed last season. Also look at the other clubs making that top 10 and under Röhl we outperformed most if not all.

Ok but my point is that we could easily finish 17th as 7th 

The biggest danger for Rohl is our fans usual delusional belief we are better than we are. A top 10 finish would be a decent outcome 

4 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

MK would combust more at That than the thought of the M1 roadworks on the way back from a midweek game

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Even you're making posts be all about him now 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Ok but my point is that we could easily finish 17th as 7th 

The biggest danger for Rohl is our fans usual delusional belief we are better than we are. A top 10 finish would be a decent outcome 

The main difference between 7-17th is a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of match winning players. I don’t think we had the latter until Ugbo and Poveda came in, with Windass in and out of fitness and form. It co-incided with Musaba Valentin and Gassma getting up to speed too. If we did end up with Ugbo, Lowe and Windass there’s a lot more goals in the team already 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

The main difference between 7-17th is a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of match winning players. I don’t think we had the latter until Ugbo and Poveda came in, with Windass in and out of fitness and form. It co-incided with Musaba Valentin and Gassma getting up to speed too. If we did end up with Ugbo, Lowe and Windass there’s a lot more goals in the team already 

Musaba & especially Gassama will light the Championship up this season.

Olaf Kobacki also said to be signing for us by polish media, had other championship interest. First I’ve heard of him but has a good record at a lower level.

Sounds like Charlie McNeil is in the pipeline and James Beadle 

3 hours ago, TheExile said:

Sort of my point, a couple of injuries, suspension, shit ref, dodgy pen against us and with a very competitive league 8 -12 points will be the gap probably between those positions 

The signings certainly seem to be addressing some weaker areas in last seasons squad

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Sort of my point, a couple of injuries, suspension, shit ref, dodgy pen against us and with a very competitive league 8 -12 points will be the gap probably between those positions 

The signings certainly seem to be addressing some weaker areas in last seasons squad

Yeah although unless blasting through P&S restrictions the same probably applies to most. Whereas last season an injury to a key player left us done for especially first half of the season. So just nudges the odds for us a bit 

Yep just seen on The Stir 

Getting a good mix of players, Rohl mentioning that in his interview yesterday. The key these days is really being able to adapt not only game to game, but in game. No such thing as sticking with the same 11 but those coming in have to be ready 

Kobacki will be a bit of a coup. He’s really highly rated over here, did very in a team that narrowly missed out on promotion to the Ekstraklasa. He’ll not be overly expensive, Arka Gdynia are not in the best state financially.

What people will like about him is that he plays with a real swagger. Can play wide midfield or as a 10.

He’s been on the fringes of a very very good Polish under 21 side. 

• Like 4

Looking at the signings, we're probably going to a back 4 this coming season.

Plenty of additions on both flanks (def and off) 

Key will be what happens in central midfield, whole join Bannan and Inglesson in there 

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Looking at the signings, we're probably going to a back 4 this coming season.

Plenty of additions on both flanks (def and off) 

Key will be what happens in central midfield, whole join Bannan and Inglesson in there 

He’s got right down the middle of the pitch to sort now.

If Bernard doesn’t sign, he’ll need a centre half. He’s said he wants different midfield profiles, so that will be one or two. And he needs a proper striker. Plus Beadle.

We are really not far off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He’s got right down the middle of the pitch to sort now.

If Bernard doesn’t sign, he’ll need a centre half. He’s said he wants different midfield profiles, so that will be one or two. And he needs a proper striker. Plus Beadle.

We are really not far off. 

Ugbo will be his preferred striker and can see Windass/Kobacki etc used more as transitional midfielders

5 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

The midfielder for Georgia with the black ponytail/bun.. he has been class every game and works his socks off, no idea who he plays for but if its some 2 bob eastern european club we should get him in, absolute workhorse

Levante