24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

29 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Ace but need to CMs to supplement Inglesson & Bannan

Adding CMs to supplement Bannan is the reason we've had a shit midfield for years.

We don't judge midfielders on their own merits, it's about how they cover for Bannan.

It's why we've had older, more 'intelligent' midfielders instead of young energetic ones, so we'll sign these young players like Ingelsson and end up playing Palmer.

11 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Certainly hope so, heard owt?

I’d heard it was moving forward again a little while ago but I think most fans expected that as a formality anyway. I wasn’t sure about him when he first arrived but he was class once he settled. Another good signing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Decent goal return a few seasons ago but not so much last 2 or 3.   Not knowing Swedish football did he move up a level ? 

Not really noticed him tbh but did get an International cap. Don't think he has ever played outside Sweden.

6 minutes ago, madowl said:

Not really noticed him tbh but did get an International cap. Don't think he has ever played outside Sweden.

He's been playing in the Netherlands for Go Ahead Eagles for the last year.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mogbad said:

He's been playing in the Netherlands for Go Ahead Eagles for the last year.

Top division in Netherlands so may be a good prospective signing then?

Posted (edited)

Josh Windass to stay and has agreed a deal being reported.

Seems to be all happening at once. Reported Iorfa signed, Bernard wants to sign and Ugbo just waiting for clubs to agree a deal

Edited by madowl
Typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madowl said:

Josh Windass to stay and has agreed a deal being reported.

Seems to be all happening at once. Reported Iorfa signed, Bernard wants to sign and Ugbo just waiting for clubs to agree a deal

I am presuming there was a 1st July date imposed on some of these offers. Club will want settled players for the full pre season and rightly so.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Reesh said:

@Tylluan opinions on Louis Sibley, just seen he's leaving Derby always thought there was a player there.

Sibley is one of those where do you play him players. There is something about him but he's never held down a regular position. He's not exactly blessed with pace and has a habit of picking up needless cards through fits of temper. 

He fancies himself as a 10 but has never settled in there after Rooney threw him under a bus after a couple of so so games. Warne played him as a left wing back and he turned into their version of Marv. They had their best run with him playing there but he could blow hot and cold at times. 

Fans favourite due to being there since he was 8 and Mel Morris promising to build a team round him, Cashin, Bird, Knight etc. But he was never going to sign a new contract. He hates playing left and hated Warne for playing him there, especially after Warne said he's the best shot in the club. Only being offered the same £6k he was currently on didn't help either. 

There were rumours in May that Evans had already tapped him up but it's open season and Stoke and the Pigs have declared an interest. There'll be compensation to pay though as he's still only 22, so that may scupper the Pigs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Sibley is one of those where do you play him players. There is something about him but he's never held down a regular position. He's not exactly blessed with pace and has a habit of picking up needless cards through fits of temper. 

He fancies himself as a 10 but has never settled in there after Rooney threw him under a bus after a couple of so so games. Warne played him as a left wing back and he turned into their version of Marv. They had their best run with him playing there but he could blow hot and cold at times. 

Fans favourite due to being there since he was 8 and Mel Morris promising to build a team round him, Cashin, Bird, Knight etc. But he was never going to sign a new contract. He hates playing left and hated Warne for playing him there, especially after Warne said he's the best shot in the club. Only being offered the same £6k he was currently on didn't help either. 

There were rumours in May that Evans had already tapped him up but it's open season and Stoke and the Pigs have declared an interest. There'll be compensation to pay though as he's still only 22, so that may scupper the Pigs. 

Cheers.

Just thinking he could be one for a year or two down the line but bolster the midfield options now.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Cheers.

Just thinking he could be one for a year or two down the line but bolster the midfield options now.

I don't think he'd be happy to be a squad player. It's probably down to all those years being told by fans and owners you're the best thing since sliced bread. He wants to be a starter in 'his' position. A mate says he's like that kid at school who'll only play if he can be Messi. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Not sure who these enforcers are but looks like they’ve just beaten a signed confession out of him

IMG_3371.thumb.jpeg.109af5f8c125751d2fef02a212266829.jpeg

His agents, they've tweeted he signed a 4 year deal

Whatever the fee we paid I’d bet it’s a lot less than what we’d have to pay for a L1/L2 player with that many goals as an up and coming player. Glad we have a bit of a succession plan for the squad now 

So where are we up to?

GK; Hamer, Charles

RB; Valentin, Valery

LB; M Lowe, Neymarv

CB; Bambo, Ihekwe, Famewo, Iorfa

MF; Palmer, Bannan, Gasama, Musaba, Ingelsson, 

ST; Wilkes, J Lowe, BTC, Pato, Smith, Kobachi, Windass

Is that everyone?

24 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

So where are we up to?

GK; Hamer, Charles

RB; Valentin, Valery

LB; M Lowe, Neymarv

Is that everyone?

Add Beadle from what I gather as well Otto

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

So where are we up to?

GK; Hamer, Charles

RB; Valentin, Valery

LB; M Lowe, Neymarv

Is that everyone?

So 22 players in, plus potentially Beadle, maybe Bernard. And that is before we start on squad lists, who counts etc to the official list

I do wonder if the likes of Smith, Wilkes could be moved on still or encouraged to do so  

I mean the allocation of positions could be inter changeable eg Palmer is not MF for me, so my view we are still at least one short in central midfield. 

But see where we end up I guess 

• Like 1