24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

13 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So 22 players in, plus potentially Beadle, maybe Bernard. And that is before we start on squad lists, who counts etc to the official list

I do wonder if the likes of Smith, Wilkes could be moved on still or encouraged to do so  

I mean the allocation of positions could be inter changeable eg Palmer is not MF for me, so my view we are still at least one short in central midfield. 

But see where we end up I guess 

Fair shout mk, I suspect if we play the 4-2-3-1 we seemed to prefer last season, that neither Pato nor Windass will be the 1 (thinking on it probably not Wilkes either). 

We do seem heavy on strikers mind...

9 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Fair shout mk, I suspect if we play the 4-2-3-1 we seemed to prefer last season, that neither Pato nor Windass will be the 1 (thinking on it probably not Wilkes either). 

We do seem heavy on strikers mind...

Qty, not quality.  Doubt Pato will start many lg games up front by DR choice.  Like Palmer, the glue in the mix.  Also the cavalry!  

Transfer business being done after contracts expire but before the pre season training camp.  Considered punts being taken on guys in their early 20s who other teams were looking at.  Work being done on training ground.  This is all a bit scary.  I’m not used to things Wednesday related being this rational and organised. 😳

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OptimisticOwl said:

Never anything else Owlin, though this summer is superb so far. Even some 'glass half empty' types seem to be getting excited.

Just ventured onto stalk and was soon brought down to earth with a bump. Posters on there openly admitting that they’re waiting for the next “Chantastrophe” as they like to call it.

Utter, utter *****! 

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Just ventured onto stalk and was soon brought down to earth with a bump. Posters on there openly admitting that they’re waiting for the next “Chantastrophe” as they like to call it.

Utter, utter *****! 

How can these people even begin to think of themselves as "Fans"? Fucking ***** 

28 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Utter, utter *****! 

What a bunch of bellends. They need a good fisting, each and every one of them. But above all that Hargreaves fwit.

• Like 5

We will get two central midfield players in, plus another striker. Rohl mentioned on owls in the park that we needed different options in midfield.

I think he’ll go into the loan market for all of them.

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

We will get two central midfield players in, plus another striker. Rohl mentioned on owls in the park that we needed different options in midfield.

After 2 strikers.

Louis Sibley joined Oxford @Tylluan

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Dan Gore pls

If Bernard re signed do you think we’d be going for another CB? I hope so as hardly any of them can play out and we were weak from set plays, but the wage bill will be getting a bit spicy if we don’t shift one or two 

23 minutes ago, TheExile said:

If Bernard re signed do you think we’d be going for another CB? I hope so as hardly any of them can play out and we were weak from set plays, but the wage bill will be getting a bit spicy if we don’t shift one or two 

Valery, Diaby, Ihiekwe, Famewo Iorfa and Palmer is probably enough if we're playing a back 4. 

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Utter, utter *****! 

Praying for more like.

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Valery, Diaby, Ihiekwe, Famewo Iorfa and Palmer is probably enough if we're playing a back 4. 

Yeah and if we add Bernard too. But whether it’s good enough as a defensive group I’m not sure. I suspect we could see some movement there 

4 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Utter, utter *****! 

That’s why I haven’t and never will go back to that shower.Once I came on here I decided I wasn’t going to have my day dragged down by those tossers.I understand the temptation but i will not succumb.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fOWLmouth said:

That’s why I haven’t and never will go back to that shower.Once I came on here I decided I wasn’t going to have my day dragged down by those tossers.I understand the temptation but i will not succumb.

The only thing I miss is the ability to go on and correct the nonsense and deliberate mistruths about the accounts. Mainly because that then permeates to the other social media sites as the "truth" and has stirred the pot for 1867 et al. 

I used to spend far too long in the sub sections namely the Politics section. Like the main forum on acid and in the end decided it was becoming detrimental to my wellbeing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Anyway, back to transfers. 

Beadle today then?

You’d think so. I saw that the new Polish lad started following him on Instagram along with other Wednesday players, suggesting Beadle was already training with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The only thing I miss is the ability to go on and correct the nonsense and deliberate mistruths about the accounts. Mainly because that then permeates to the other social media sites as the "truth" and has stirred the pot for 1867 et al. 

I used to spend far too long in the sub sections namely the Politics section. Like the main forum on acid and in the end decided it was becoming detrimental to my wellbeing. 

That’s why I stopped posting on there. Never looked back since and it’s very rare I venture over there..

I only did so yesterday to see if there were any posts about new signings that might not have been picked up on here. Big mistake as I was fuming after reading some of the stuff I did.

But as Hoyland has said, enough about that. Hopefully we bring Beadle back in today! 😊

we've had summers when we thought things MIGHT be good. But bloody hell. This summer so far has been ridiculous, the level of planning, getting stuff sorted, even both chuffing kits are out!

Summat's not right. 🙂 

• Haha 2

I'd be tempted to send Charles out on loan until Christmas if we can find the right league club and he gets game time. 

It would help his International credentials to be playing regularly and we've got cover in Hall who was pushing Charles when they were both in the 21s. Hall's been in the England set up as well so he's no slouch.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I'd be tempted to send Charles out on loan until Christmas if we can find the right league club and he gets game time. 

It would help his International credentials to be playing regularly and we've got cover in Hall who was pushing Charles when they were both in the 21s. Hall's been in the England set up as well so he's no slouch.

Agree. Be good for him to get league experience, get him out for a year. Then, what's to say he can't step up next season?

2 hours ago, madowl said:

Don't want to put the kibosh onto anything but it feels a bit like the early 90s at the moment.

Not for me it doesn’t. I wish it did tbh 🤣

That first summer with Chansiri/Carlos felt like we’d just gone to the shops after winning the lottery. It was exciting, but chaotic and there was no real plan in place. This is calculated and clever, every move is deliberate and is part of a strategy. It’s new and I like it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gamblor said:

That first summer with Chansiri/Carlos felt like we’d just gone to the shops after winning the lottery. It was exciting, but chaotic and there was no real plan in place. This is calculated and clever, every move is deliberate and is part of a strategy. It’s new and I like it. 

I meant the buzz 

6 hours ago, Gamblor said:

That could be the best bit of business we’ve done so far. Great signing. 

I don’t want to be confrontational, Gamblor, but I think the best bit of business has been signing DR up on an extended deal 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I don’t want to be confrontational, Gamblor, but I think the best bit of business has been signing DR up on an extended deal 

I meant for the squad. Of course Röhl’s appointment and contract extension is more significant and possibly best in the past 25 years. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OptimisticOwl said:

Scott Wright 

Do we need another winger? I don't really know much about him, does anyone know if he's capable of playing centrally?

Looked ok in his early days at Aberdeen. Has been more of a bit part player at Rangers.

Decent enough work ethic and attitude. If you give him a job to do on the pitch, he'll do it. Unfortunately, his end product is patchy as fuck.

Really not sure on this one. DR (apparently) must see something in him though.

He has featured in UCL and Europa League for rangers and whilst his end product does look lacking when you see the goals he’s scored they are decent strikes. So perhaps it’s someone we have identified as a successor to Windass as they look quite similar as players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Rohl’s post match interview with Staton suggested to me that Ubgo, Dish and Poveda might be coming back. Might be wishful drinking on my part. 

Yeah since reading about Coventry I heard him say they all want to come back which sounds promising. 

• Like 1