24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

Poveda took off the Owl from his profile and ‘unfollowed’ Wednesday apparently.

Well. While that could suggest he’s not signing…. 
If he doesn’t, it’s not the end of the world, he’s a very good player on his day but as Reesh says, his injury record isn’t good. At all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Poveda took off the Owl from his profile and ‘unfollowed’ Wednesday apparently.

Well. While that could suggest he’s not signing…. 
If he doesn’t, it’s not the end of the world, he’s a very good player on his day but as Reesh says, his injury record isn’t good. At all.

Someone was also saying he’d failed a medical. I think we’d know if he had (unless it was something they thought might clear up and they’re going to have another in a few weeks) but as you both say, his injury record isn’t good. Whilst I loved him when he was on loan, it was mainly because he shithoused every team we beat on Instagram afterwards (calling Toytown, Rugby Union Football Club was my favourite) and because he bought into us. He didn’t necessarily do a great deal, mainly due to his injuries but I really liked the bloke. That is no reason to sign him. 

23 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Young un said Att started following Danns at Liverpool on the Socials.

Told him I follow Liz Hurley but doesn't mean she's calling round.

His dad can get fucked....and once he's got fucked he can get fucked again.

Turbocunt

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

His dad can get fucked....and once he's got fucked he can get fucked again.

Turbocunt

Can we just clarify who's dad you are referring to?

Hirsty's young un's, Att's or Dann's?

Edited by Tewksbury

Posted (edited)

If we're after Jayden Danns then he would fill a Poveda type hole in the squad but then we wouldn't really need Charlie McNeill. 

Danns has played an scored for the Scouse first team and is seen as the natural successor to Firmino. 

Edited by Tylluan

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Thing is, yeah, he is a "wow factor" player, but his injury record is concerning.

Was my main concern, he's one of those players who has you on the edge of your seat but his hamstring is a major concern, especially at just 24.

Perhaps, if we weren't in such a mess during the season just gone, then he wouldn't have been rushed back?

Either way, with the signings that have happened is there any room for him?

What a shock it would be, DR with a plan A and a plan B.

We need someone that can start at least 30+ games a season, even if DR chooses not to. So whilst Poveda is seen as a favourite by the fans, it’s got to be what’s best for the team if there is a good alternative. Let’s hope we get one of them!

19 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Our fans could find Jay Slater and Maddie McCann if they invested as much time in looking as they do scouring our potential signings

Never finding either of them fuckers...

21 minutes ago, Andyben said:

lack of a midfield is concerning and grows more so each day

5 squad places, 4 loan spots and 2 work permit waivers remaining, not including any outgoings.

We'll be fine.

18 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Young un said Att started following Danns at Liverpool on the Socials.

Told him I follow Liz Hurley but doesn't mean she's calling round.

Is your young un playing Saturday  mate?

54 minutes ago, Vialli said:

Is your young un playing Saturday  mate?

I would imagine so.  How about your lad   I'm not watching though as going out on a day sesh all being well. 

I got drafted in to play other week as they were desperate and got my first wicket in 20 years. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I would imagine so.  How about your lad   I'm not watching though as going out on a day sesh all being well. 

I got drafted in to play other week as they were desperate and got my first wicket in 20 years. 

Was he a tail ender?

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

If only I’d posted that above your post and 30 mins earlier…..

I know you did, I was merely posting Staton's post as a confirmation of yours.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Ha ha, brilliant. 

Yes mate he is. Obviously if selected  lol. 

Was looking forward to actually meeting someone other than winco 😁.

I once got winco to turn out for Harley in a Sunday 11 game. I will admit one of the funiest events I have encountered at a cricket game. Winco was in at 11, I will add I made a duck at no 8. When I settled for a pint I saw winco stood at the pavilion steps swinging a bat round like he was KP. Comes in to bat with our number 3 on about 80 ish. Chris makes him run 3 from a knock to cows corner. Finishes runs with head an bat handle. Proceeds to walk down wicket pointing his bat at chris saying,  do that again I'm going to snap this bat round your neck. Fair play chris was a decent sized bloke as well.  Tbf winco did good to say he never swung a bat before 🤣.

So he says

• Like 2