24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

I think his agent is possibly the one that controls his moves  where I think others in the team are more mature. Poveda has some incredible clubs on his cv that his agent can point to as reasoning but his career hasn’t fully kicked in yet at 24. Nonetheless Sunderland have given him a platform where we wouldn’t or couldn’t. He did look quite subdued talking about his move when compared to the beaming smile talking about playing for rohl in January. He should have just told his agent to do one and gone where he would be happy during a key season for him if that was what he wanted. I am glad we didn’t go beyond a structure that we have in place as it shows an element of progress 

Edited by TheExile
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Reesh said:

I've heard a couple of stories regarding Poveda, apparently he was on £6k a week at Leeds and wanted 4 x that and a long contract, we offered 2 years plus 1 year option and under 20k

I'd heard similar, other than he wanted more than that... Or his agent did.

6 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Genuinely not arsed, let’s see how motivated he is now he has a long contract 

Absolutely this, why give a shit about any player if they don't join us, why give a shit about players who used to play for us and move on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reesh said:

Tetchy fucker. If you carry on I'll break your fingers and who you gonna tell then?

Yep, I'm on edge yet again as having to prove to our wonderful government that I've got health problems, would be easier if I just ended it to be honest.

19 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Yep, I'm on edge yet again as having to prove to our wonderful government that I've got health problems, would be easier if I just ended it to be honest.

Don't be daft pal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

And miss the best season we’ve had for years!!

Keep your chin up mate. Don’t let the bastards grind you down.

WAWAW - Reesh is only having a bit of banter with you and we’re all one big family on here beneath all the jibes.

Hooe you’re ok mate. 🦉🦉

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Could someone make up some rumours for me. It’s been over a week since we signed anyone and I’ve read every article, watched every video there is. I’m itching to know who the next player in will be. 

Isn’t that what Owlstalk is for?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Nobody is paying £4.5m for Ugbo, not even Stoke. 

I'd walk away now and say good luck funding his wages because even though they're part of City Group they've had sod all money out of them which is why they hoping for an auction on Ugbo. They couldn't wait to get him out on loan last season because they couldn't afford him so how they going to afford him now?

With Ugbo it's a buyers market and I wouldn't go above £1.5m as he'll come with a hefty wage.  I know he fitted in with the way we played last season but there are others out there that could do the job for around £1.5m. Michael Obafemi is in his last year at Burnley and they won't be renewing. Sydney van Hooijdonk didn't have much luck at Norwich but there's a player in there even though Bologna don't want him. He's currently on trial at Breda and Bologna would probably let him go for six figures. 

I'd even ask Ipswich how much for Al Hamadi before going past £2m for Ugbo

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 5

So hang o,n and forgive me if I'm late to the party.

A club can have a wank player and be in the shit money wise.  Said wank player is sold for [say] £40m to parent club and then loaned back to them again, promising to pay 98% of wages? 

Wank player continues to be wank but small club now has £40m in the bank.

Please tell me I'm dreaming this shit up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skamp said:

So hang o,n and forgive me if I'm late to the party.

A club can have a wank player and be in the shit money wise.  Said wank player is sold for [say] £40m to parent club and then loaned back to them again, promising to pay 98% of wages? 

Wank player continues to be wank but small club now has £40m in the bank.

Please tell me I'm dreaming this shit up.

Yep, that's about right. 

7 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

I've no idea how credible but again, not for the first time, rumours of Michael Smith to Derby abound. Fee of £250k mentioned, that is all.👀🤷‍♂️

You believe some unverified random on Twitter.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Who isn’t guilty of that from time to time? It was more wishful thinking than belief anyhow.😏

You're guilty of being a stupid **** all of the time though

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Ah who said that?

Darren Whitcoop apparently whoever he is 

see the thing is I go on twitter see stuff and come on here for verification if it’s not already on here I put it on to seek verification not to be abused etc.

Facebook groups are sometimes a place for info but some absolute bell ends on both.

keep up the good work @Reesh and I will let you know if I hear anything 🥰🥰

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Darren Whitcoop apparently whoever he is 

see the thing is I go on twitter see stuff and come on here for verification if it’s not already on here I put it on to seek verification not to be abused etc.

Facebook groups are sometimes a place for info but some absolute bell ends on both.

keep up the good work @Reesh and I will let you know if I hear anything 🥰🥰

Journo isn't he?

Anyway https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-could-consider-loan-move-for-defender-this-summer-4722223

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

For some reason all the journos are being coy on who it actually is. The only article from abroad before a bid was mentioned as being accepted linked us to a loan to buy.

Gut feeling is if this was true the local journalists from the respective club would have claimed it. Unless it’s allocated to someone tomorrow you’ve got to wonder if it’s another agent or Las Palmas trying to move things along and get Wednesday or another party to panic into finalising something 

• Thanks 1

So he pushes Hall in the 21s and Charles stays with the first team or goes out on loan, dependant on how long Hamer takes to get over his injury. 

Danny's already said he wants a No1, a seasoned pro, and an upcoming talent as his first team 3. I don't know if Shelvey is still training with the club but I can only see him stopping if Charles goes out on loan and we can't bring in better or promote Hall

9 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

So he pushes Hall in the 21s and Charles stays with the first team or goes out on loan, dependant on how long Hamer takes to get over his injury. 

Danny's already said he wants a No1, a seasoned pro, and an upcoming talent as his first team 3. I don't know if Shelvey is still training with the club but I can only see him stopping if Charles goes out on loan and we can't bring in better or promote Hall

Has Shelvey served his ban from Ireland then, Ty?

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

So he can't play for us, can he?

He served 3 games in Ireland before Dundalk released him so the first game he can be named for us would be West Brom on September 28. 

If Charles went out on loan on the last day of the window then we'd only be a keeper down for two games, with Hall and Barrett providing cover 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

He served 3 games in Ireland before Dundalk released him so the first game he can be named for us would be West Brom on September 28. 

If Charles went out on loan on the last day of the window then we'd only be a keeper down for two games, with Hall and Barrett providing cover 

Do you think he would only be short term until Hamer recovers?  (Hamer must feel sick as a dog.)  

27 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Do you think he would only be short term until Hamer recovers?  (Hamer must feel sick as a dog.)  

I think he was a short notice pull-in to cover Hamer's injury and while Charles was away with Ireland. 

If we want him to be available and clear his ban off then we can't get him on a non contract basis, so I would imagine a provisional 6 months, if we keep him, and it'll be on a pittance (he was on about £800 a week at Dundalk) as he gets to train with us and then look for a new club with his ban wiped clean

56 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I think he was a short notice pull-in to cover Hamer's injury and while Charles was away with Ireland. 

If we want him to be available and clear his ban off then we can't get him on a non contract basis, so I would imagine a provisional 6 months, if we keep him, and it'll be on a pittance (he was on about £800 a week at Dundalk) as he gets to train with us and then look for a new club with his ban wiped clean

Quid pro quo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

If he's going out on loan we will definitely be bringing in another forward. 

Yes and if so it does make sense IMO to let Bailey go out on loan with a January recall option.  Needs regular games to develop and at a level where he can flourish and return a better player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes and if so it does make sense IMO to let Bailey go out on loan with a January recall option.  Needs regular games to develop and at a level where he can flourish and return a better player.

Before his contract runs down and he signs fot Gainsborough Trinity...

...whoops we don't do that anymore do we?