24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

11 minutes ago, tomcore said:

We'd be okay if we had as many decent central midfielders as wingers. I think that also counts for central defenders too. I still think we can beat 25% of the teams in this league. I just hope Danny hasn't been found out like Carlos was in his second season.

It was his 3rd season that things fell apart. 2nd season was ok - at least results wise - until the play-off no show.

I don't  think Danny will sacrifice his vision for a while yet however he showed last season that he can make pragmatic sacrifices/adjustments. I hope though that he doesn't adapt like CC did in season 2 with his more 'funtional' approach.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It was his 3rd season that things fell apart. 2nd season was ok - at least results wise - until the play-off no show.

I don't  think Danny will sacrifice his vision for a while yet however he showed last season that he can make pragmatic sacrifices/adjustments. I hope though that he doesn't resort like CC did in season 2 with his more 'funtional' approach.

Aye, was shit finishing 4th with more than 80 points

50 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Aye, was shit finishing 4th with more than 80 points

And the memories of the fantastic play off win over Huddersfield ............ oh shit 

With that squad and a better coach we would have pushed Brighton to the wire that season 

• Like 1

Tbh we’ve needed a younger team with more potential all over the park but cm and cb have been glaring for some time. I suppose the tricky thing is who do we pick up who’s good enough on a free or reasonable fee whos also not doing a Vaulks and wanting a longer deal in the latter stage of their career. There may be some but I’d be guessing they’d be mainly from abroad. Ingelsson looked to have it partially covered but he doesn’t seem comfortable with the defensive side but could do well further forward.

We will probably see if Fusire can re produce his hull performance again this week but if he can he’s a prime example of a player who we should just give the chance to. If we can establish a younger player (whether it’s him or another one of the batch) it could save/make us millions. Sunderland have done well with this and it got a negative reaction from the support but it may just be paying off now. 

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Not likely to when most other teams have a functioning midfield 

I do wonder if our last two results & performances had any bearing on the Brighton striker going to Pompey, after it seemed that he was coming here.  

35 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I do wonder if our last two results & performances had any bearing on the Brighton striker going to Pompey, after it seemed that he was coming here.  

Probably made him choose the team who haven't won yet.

9 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I suspect it was more he had watched Game of Thrones and was in fear of going beyond the Wall or Woodall Services as its now known as

Edited by mkowl

10 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Shea Charles medical underway.

Getting him in would be terrific. Exactly what we need in midfield. 🤞

If we get a CB and striker/ or maybe another midfielder of this calibre in before monthend it'll  have been a terrific window IMO.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse
  • Like 1

Given that we have two proper 6’s, and then an 8. Bannan should be removed from the box to box duties and played behind the striker in that front three, and he fights for that position with McNeill and Windass.

There is a real chance that if we are still looking at a midfield player, it will be a box to box type. And Rohl clearly fancies a 9 and maybe a centre half.

9 hours ago, Harry Lime said:

Watched DR's interview tonight after the game. He was asked about more incomings, he's got that glint in his eye again. Great to get Charles in but I'd love a quality CB if there's any going as well.

I really liked his interview. I don’t think we’ve had a manager so clear on what he wants and expects, probably as far back as Sturrock and maybe Meggo.

Rohl has a clear plan on his team will play, the type of player he wants and he accepts it’s a learning curve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

I really liked his interview. I don’t think we’ve had a manager so clear on what he wants and expects, probably as far back as Sturrock and maybe Meggo.

Rohl has a clear plan on his team will play, the type of player he wants and he accepts it’s a learning curve.

Agree completely, not only that, but also how he talks about the not jumping to conclusions stuff. Hes so right

4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

He, unlike a lot of fans, knows it's not a process we can do overnight and we need to be patient to transform the club from the youth levels to the first team, it is about finding a playing style and sticking with the principles until they work or you have to change.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Cadamarteri loan to Lincoln confirmed 

Good experience for him and Lincoln generally play decent football, well certainly the last couple of years. 

Be no point loaning him out to a pub team.

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Looks like Michael Smith could be the next to go, if reading between the lines about DR and him having a conversation and him then not being in the lineup as planned last night.

If he went, it would suggest we have at least one forward lined up to come in. 

48 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Looks like Michael Smith could be the next to go, if reading between the lines about DR and him having a conversation and him then not being in the lineup as planned last night.

I sort of understand in that scenario, if you only have say 2 to 3 years left at a professional level then you may want to actually get game time.

Clearly had plenty who rocked up just for the cash, but I like to think some still enjoy playing the game 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I sort of understand in that scenario, if you only have say 2 to 3 years left at a professional level then you may want to actually get game time.

Clearly had plenty who rocked up just for the cash, but I like to think some still enjoy playing the game 

Smudge looks and sounds like he loves playing  football.