24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

2 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Bit left field, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gassama went out on loan.

Frees up a work permit waiver, he's not getting the minutes that Musaba is and should walk into a L1 starting 11.

I think Gassama could be a sensation for us this season.  You can see why Musaba got more game time last season but personally I think that Gassama has a higher ceiling.

• Like 4

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I think Gassama could be a sensation for us this season.  You can see why Musaba got more game time last season but personally I think that Gassama has a higher ceiling.

This 100%.

He was played out of position most of last season 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Huddersfield can get fucked. I wouldn't put him anywhere near Parkinson's way of coaching at Wrexham. Stockport would be a good fit, Blackpool would be my second choice out of that lot. 

Wherever he goes there has to be a stipulation that says he starts 80% of the games or there's no point in going. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Wherever he goes there has to be a stipulation that says he starts 80% of the games or there's no point in going. 

100% - with injury caveats.   In any event a January recall option is a must IMO. 

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

This 100%.

He was played out of position most of last season 

But is he going to be played in position this season?

Personally, I think he's best where Windass plays, some of his vision and linking play was immense last year.

Unfortunately, I can see him being a sub again this season, played where he's needed. A season in his best position as a starter would turn him into a beast.

23 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Frees up a work permit waiver, he's not getting the minutes that Musaba is and should walk into a L1 starting 11.

Stop smoking crack.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

Not a chance IMO of that happening 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Huddersfield can get fucked. I wouldn't put him anywhere near Parkinson's way of coaching at Wrexham. Stockport would be a good fit, Blackpool would be my second choice out of that lot. 

Didn't his dad play for Hudders, not saying that's an influence but you never know.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Not a chance IMO of that happening 

We only have 1 work permit waiver.

If Cadamarteri is going out, there are still at least 2 strikers and a CM to come in and there were already rumours of a deal falling through due to work permit issues, which suggests that the waivers are all accounted for in the planning already.

If Ugbo falls through, or there are issues elsewhere and we need another waiver, Gassama isn't a current starter so could be sent out. He only needed to play 50% of minutes last season to qualify for a work permit, which is why Pol and Musaba no longer need waivers and he's still only young so letting him out for a year to get minutes and allow another potential starting CF/CM is well within reason.

23 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

If Cadamarteri is going out, there are still at least 2 strikers and a CM to come in and there were already rumours of a deal falling through due to work permit issues, which suggests that the waivers are all accounted for in the planning already.

If Ugbo falls through, or there are issues elsewhere and we need another waiver, Gassama isn't a current starter so could be sent out. He only needed to play 50% of minutes last season to qualify for a work permit, which is why Pol and Musaba no longer need waivers and he's still only young so letting him out for a year to get minutes and allow another potential starting CF/CM is well within reason.

He might not have been last season but likely to be more of a regular this term IMO. 19/20 year old last season at a new club in a foreign country.  I'd  be amazed if he goes out on loan. Expect big things from him this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

What rumours are these or are you making them to suit your post?

...all of this has been superceded by 'Elite Significant Contribution Rules" anyway 

What does ‘Elite Significant Contribution’ mean?

The new regulations state that a player will be deemed an ‘ESC Player’ if “the Player is an elite player and will make a significant contribution to the sport”. In this respect, the FA expects the player to have satisfied one or more of the following conditions: 

• played in at least one Youth Competitive International Match for a national team ranked in the top 50 places in the FIFA World Rankings; or

• played in at least 5 Youth Competitive International Matches for a national team ranked outside the top 50 places in the FIFA World Rankings; or

• played in at least one Continental Youth Competition Match; or

• played in at least five Domestic Youth Competition Matches; or

• played in at least one Senior Competitive International Match for a national team ranked in the top 50 places in the FIFA World Rankings; or

• played in at least five Senior Competitive International Matches for a national team ranked outside the top 50 places in the FIFA World Rankings; or

• played in at least one match in a Continental Competition; or

• played in at least five Domestic Senior Competition Matches.

Gassama has met those conditions in BOLD above 

Edited by Andyben
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

Who do you think has a waiver?

The ESC is the work permit waiver thing I was on about.

So Gassama, Kobacki and one other if Ingelsson isn't on one as Reesh put above.

Valentin, Gassama and Valentin were on them last season. Valentin and Musaba get auto work permits due to playing 50% of minutes.

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

This could have a major effect upon our season, one way or the other. 

True. Most importantly it needs sorting  asap now as unlikely that he'd be up to speed for the very early games given our high intensity pressing.

If accurate the £2.5m is appropriate value IMO. I hope we get him but if we don’t  it won't  be terminal though...... so long as a suitable plan B can be quickly brought in.

I think it would he a huge blow if we lost out on him over the structure of payments especially as the team hed go to are one with similar aspirations and challenges. There are of course other strikers who can come in but with a known quantity in Ugbo at 2.5m (assuming that’s right) it feels like as safe a bet we could possibly ask for in the market and he’s been so keen to come here 

16 hours ago, TheExile said:

I think it would he a huge blow if we lost out on him over the structure of payments especially as the team hed go to are one with similar aspirations and challenges. There are of course other strikers who can come in but with a known quantity in Ugbo at 2.5m (assuming that’s right) it feels like as safe a bet we could possibly ask for in the market and he’s been so keen to come here 

D’ya know what, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we lost on payment structure. If we’re trying to get the right deal for us, which includes incentive payments for goals/promotion etc and not lumping out all at once, and staying within FFP and not putting the club at risk…. 
GOOD.

We've danced with the devil before and got burned. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

D’ya know what, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we lost on payment structure. If we’re trying to get the right deal for us, which includes incentive payments for goals/promotion etc and not lumping out all at once, and staying within FFP and not putting the club at risk…. 
GOOD.

We've danced with the devil before and got burned. 

P&S won’t be about payment structure necessarily as it’s usually the value of the transfer over contract length. If we are willing to pay the fee I am assuming that is accounted for in P&S. we are not talking about Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher expenditure here on fees and wages. It would be more of a targeted investment on a player we know all about and with resale value 

Tee, can we get Moz back, please, just for one specific project?  To make it so anyone on the O.S. or any Owls based social media, (especially 'X'), that types that word they all use in response to any club post or any tweet, irrespective of subject, gets an electric shock?  You know...

"Announ..."   ZZZAAAAAPPPP!!!!!

😈

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Does anyone else think that £2.5m is a bit much? I trust in Danny but it does feel a bit like we are stretching the budget 🤔🤔

Personally no. The 4.5m that Troyes allegedly wanted I would agree would have been too much. It's also been quoted somewhere that the fee might actually be more like £/€1.5 plus 500k add ons anyway - bargain IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1