24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

27 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Smith parted on good terms with Stewart after Stewart realised he couldn't match our deal. It was Warne that Smith fell out with. 

Stewart didn't want Smith back this time round because he feared the fan reaction after their meltdown when him and Ihiekwe joined us. He suffered personal abuse for not opening the wallet to keep them

Sounds like warne has still sought him since though if rumours are true 

9 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Sounds like warne has still sought him since though if rumours are true 

It’s pretty difficult to hold a grudge against someone for accepting a better offer when you did exactly the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Smith parted on good terms with Stewart after Stewart realised he couldn't match our deal. It was Warne that Smith fell out with. 

Stewart didn't want Smith back this time round because he feared the fan reaction after their meltdown when him and Ihiekwe joined us. He suffered personal abuse for not opening the wallet to keep them

Undeserved IMO: he's generally owned / run them sensibly, it seems: bearing in mind their size. 

Out of the two I'd rather have Devine. Championship experience with Plymouth last season and did ok. Also left footed and fairly versatile across the whole middle line. 

Danny Braut hasn't really done much apart from this Euros. The league he's in is nowhere near championship standard 

• Like 1

I know I’m likely to get dogs abuse for suggesting it but what about Mr G Hirst as a replacement for Smith?

GH is 25, so got further development to go. He’s quite quick and decent in the air and as far as I know he’s not been playing for Ipswich - is he still injured, I know he was last season and that could be the main reason DR won’t go for him ie fitness

13 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I know I’m likely to get dogs abuse for suggesting it but what about Mr G Hirst as a replacement for Smith?

GH is 25, so got further development to go. He’s quite quick and decent in the air and as far as I know he’s not been playing for Ipswich - is he still injured, I know he was last season and that could be the main reason DR won’t go for him ie fitness

I met his old man a week or two back.

I’ve got more chance of joining.