24/25 Wednesday transfer thread

The lad is in their Elite Player Performance Plan squad and it's a Cat 1 academy. £180 is supposed to get you at least UEFA B coaches, working under a UEFA A head coach with a training plan drawn up by a Pro licence or an A+ (working towards Pro) coach. It also gives you access to the club's medical staff and facilities and 'aftercare' if he's bombed out at any time. 

• Like 1

So even if your wank or show little potential you can pay £180 to have your kid heartbroken after thousands spent trying to make him into summat he will never be? 
sounds a reyt idea 😐.

but I suppose If people are willing to pay it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Winco said:

So even if your wank or show little potential you can pay £180 to have your kid heartbroken after thousands spent trying to make him into summat he will never be? 
sounds a reyt idea 😐.

but I suppose If people are willing to pay it.

That's one way of putting it....

15 hours ago, Reesh said:

Beirut is nice this time of year.

Always a funny memory for me: when I worked in Saudi when I was a lad. Our firm had a reward policy for long service employees, (not that any of us wanted to hang around for any of them.)

20 years: a gold Rolex watch. 

25 years: same but with a gold strap.

10 years: a holiday in Beirut.  

(I'm sure it had been very nice previously but at the time there was a civil war between about six factions and the airport there was being shelled.  No-one had thought to update our manual.)  🙄

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Always a funny memory for me: when I worked in Saudi when I was a lad. Our firm had a reward policy for long service employees, (not that any of us wanted to hang around for any of them.)

20 years: a gold Rolex watch. 

25 years: same but with a gold strap.

10 years: a holiday in Beirut.  

(I'm sure it had been very nice previously but at the time there was a civil war between about six factions and the airport there was being shelled.  No-one had thought to update our manual.)  🙄

A lot of places in that region were alright until the Islamic Fundamentalists took over 😏 

6 hours ago, Beaconowl said:

A lot of places in that region were alright until the Islamic Fundamentalists took over 😏 

Which was about 40 years before I went out there!  🙄

An absolute multiplicity of 'stories' that I won't be putting on here.  Even though the bastards never pain me my pension.  👀

• Like 1