NON Wednesday transfer thread 24/25

31 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Jack Harrison has gone back on loan to Everton after triggering a clause in his contract that said he could leave for top flight football if Leeds didn't get promoted. 

So basically he cost Leeds £13m but his contract says he only plays PL football for them. His contract runs out in 2028.

That's not just having your pants pulled down, it's lubing up and putting a big welcome sign above your arse

Everton are also trying to sign former pig Ndiaye from Marseille. He wants to return to English football apparently. 

Osborne is from Derby and most of his family are Derby through and through. 

Pigs supposedly bringing in Harrison Burrows from Peterborough as Osborne's replacement but the sticking point is the payment terms of the £4m transfer fee

22 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Pigs supposedly bringing in Harrison Burrows from Peterborough as Osborne's replacement but the sticking point is the payment terms of the £4m transfer fee

Peterborough actually want to be paid? That'll be a new one for Poundland 

17 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Peterborough actually want to be paid? That'll be a new one for Poundland 

Although the price has been agreed Poundland is saying they can't pay until the takeover is completed and MacAnthony is demanding a million as soon as he signs. 

32 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Although the price has been agreed Poundland is saying they can't pay until the takeover is completed and MacAnthony is demanding a million as soon as he signs. 

Given the pigs have had points deducted for not paying transfer fees on time, I can't imagine what MacAnthony's problem is....😁

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Harrison Burrows is a left back, not a replacement for Osborn

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

Harrison Burrows is a left back, not a replacement for Osborn

Both been playing as left back or centre mid last season Admittedly though Osborn predominantly as centre mid and Burrows as a left back but Wildpig sees Burrows as a direct and better replacement 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

L**ds to lose promising youngster?

Considering Bellingham went to Dortmund for £25m (plus add ons) I think Leeds have mugged Brentford. 

Charlie Cresswell is off to Toulouse for £4m as well. 

As they're both academy players that's £39m of 'pure' profit Leeds can take off the FFP factor in the next set of accounts. 

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Considering Bellingham went to Dortmund for £25m (plus add ons) I think Leeds have mugged Brentford. 

Charlie Cresswell is off to Toulouse for £4m as well. 

As they're both academy players that's £39m of 'pure' profit Leeds can take off the FFP factor in the next set of accounts. 

Doesn't that make you think it's a bent deal though?

It certainly does for me. 

53 minutes ago, MAL said:

Doesn't that make you think it's a bent deal though?

It certainly does for me. 

30 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Wouldn’t there need to be some kind of reciprocal deal for that though? 

Yep. There'd need to be a Brentford player going in the other direction for similar money 

30 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Wouldn’t there need to be some kind of reciprocal deal for that though? 

I don't know about that. 

There wasn't any reciprocal deal when the grunters didn't pay for the players they brought in. 

Amongst others. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

Yep. There'd need to be a Brentford player going in the other direction for similar money 

Posted my reply at the same time. 

I didn't mean that specific bent deal. 

There are always other bent deals, like I put above about the grunters, and no doubt there are many more to come out. 

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@MAL that would be suggesting that Brentford wouldn't be paying the installments. Even so Leeds would still be able to declare the full amount on the next set of accounts. 

BOO

I want to call them bent fookers.

Stop putting facts in my way 😀

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Has the Archie Gray deal fell through or summat? 

Fabrizio Romano has him going to Spurs.  Agreement in principle between all parties and just awaiting paperwork and signatures.  

11 hours ago, pook said:

Fabrizio Romano has him going to Spurs.  Agreement in principle between all parties and just awaiting paperwork and signatures.  

It's official ....... With surprise, surprise, Rodon going in the opposite direction!

Wonder how much actual money will change hands?

Posted (edited)

40m for Gray and 10m for Rodon (in separate deals) are the numbers being reported.  

Edit:  scratch that.  Different stuff out now from what I'd read earlier.  

Edited by pook

The Langstaff deal is £700k in installments by the end of the season and add ons which would take the deal over £1m. 

They believe they have a ready replacement in Cedwyn Scott but may dip into the loan market. 

Would you send Bailey there if it meant 20 games under his belt before Christmas?