NON Wednesday transfer thread 24/25

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Just congratulated my old, Rovrum supporting mate from my old mountain gang. Told him the background, as much as I know. 

Broke back?

I apologise in advance

Edited by Reesh

If I'm Jim Ratcliffe, after appointing Allegri, I'm going balls deep in signing Scalveni and Koopmainers from Atalanta.

Zirkzee, Joao Neves and Branthwaite as well.

Rashford and Bruno Fernandes to raise some cash and free up wages.

Evans is spending like he's in Greggs. 

Clarke-Harris 10k a week

Joe Rafferty, from Portsmouth, 9k

Shaun McWilliams, from Northampton, 9k

Reece James, matched his Wednesday wage of roughly 8k

And he's not done yet. He's attracting a lot of free agents by offering large wages. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Clarke-Harris 10k a week

And he's not done yet. He's attracting a lot of free agents by offering large wages. 

I think it's called a gravitational pull in this case. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Clarke-Harris 10k a week

If it goes pear shaped and they are not pushing for promotion next season fans could be back out with begging buckets in a year or two.

Toy town fans quickly disappear when they are not doing well, they were giving attendances out of 10 and 11,000 last season when it was clear that some season ticket holders had packed in going and they were probably around 7 or 8,000 in stadium. 

They will have gone back to being Leeds or Liverpool fans again. 

Rotherham seem on course to make a good challenge for top 2 again. Although by the end of the window there may be some good competition there. The point that jumps out is they are taking a Darren Moore approach of signing experienced players who are stand out in L1 but fairly average in the championship and sometimes fairly ineffective so it’s the same cycle but more expensive. They’d have been better building something longer term there and I’d have felt the same if we had gone down too.

16 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Rotherham seem on course to make a good challenge for top 2 again. Although by the end of the window there may be some good competition there. The point that jumps out is they are taking a Darren Moore approach of signing experienced players who are stand out in L1 but fairly average in the championship and sometimes fairly ineffective so it’s the same cycle but more expensive. They’d have been better building something longer term there and I’d have felt the same if we had gone down too.

Tough division though, Brum, Bolton and Huddersfield will fancy their chances.

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Tough division though, Brum, Bolton and Huddersfield will fancy their chances.

Yeah true, possibly Charlton too. They have opted to mix it with these which is fair enough short term but I guess even if they are successful they have a lot to do in the championship on a smaller wage budget than we had. Unless big steve gets them over performing at least 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheExile said:

Yeah true, possibly Charlton too. They have opted to mix it with these which is fair enough short term but I guess even if they are successful they have a lot to do in the championship on a smaller wage budget than we had. Unless big steve gets them over performing at least 

Big Steve?  🤮

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Reach is one of a miniscule number of players who managed to look worse at Hillsborough than Fletcher last season

In contrast to that Fletcher, Reach scored some of the most magnificent goals for us that I've seen.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lobster said:

Fire sale at Leeds - according to MCguire they owe £190 mill in old transfer fee payments -look out for points deductions

If this article is right, then they owe £73.6 million of that figure before June - so in other words, NOW! 😂

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-still-owe-ps190-million-for-andrea-radrizzani-era-transfers-as-annual-accounts-details-revealed-4587025#

Leeds problem is two fold. The players they can make money on, apart from Archie Gray, are probably the same players they owe money for. Then there's the wages. The likes of Dan James, Ampadu, Kamara, etc are on silly money so shifting them means them taking large cuts

Looks as though Leeds gambled on going straight back up - A number of high earners were loaned out rather than being sold now looks as they are going to have to be sold at a knockdown price

19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Whynyou noncing ex players wives again. Not learnt your lesson after Antonio 

Who you mixing me up with? Geoff?

Ps I found that posted by a scunny fan on X

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Dele Bashiru nearing £6m lazio move…

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/ex-owl-nearing-multi-million-serie-a-switch-a-year-after-leaving-sheffield-wednesday-4668676

Think I saw summat about Fabrizio Romano or whatever he’s called tweeting about it too

We all know why the stir iS reporting on that transfer. 

Worrall's on about £35k a week and wants as close to it as he can get. Forest want £4m for him but realistically just want him off the books, for whatever they can get, before the 30th June as that's their next FFP deadline and they're £20m short 

Jack Harrison has gone back on loan to Everton after triggering a clause in his contract that said he could leave for top flight football if Leeds didn't get promoted. 

So basically he cost Leeds £13m but his contract says he only plays PL football for them. His contract runs out in 2028.

That's not just having your pants pulled down, it's lubing up and putting a big welcome sign above your arse

• Haha 4