NON Wednesday transfer thread 24/25

I'm starting to think that you could easily fix the imbalances in football by simply implementing a rule that players cannot be loaned out for more than one season.

So if a player goes out one season, he must stay at the club the next season. Then clubs couldn't just hoover up all the young prospects and loan them out for 5 years with a lower league club paying their wages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

I'm starting to think that you could easily fix the imbalances in football by simply implementing a rule that players cannot be loaned out for more than one season.

So if a player goes out one season, he must stay at the club the next season. Then clubs couldn't just hoover up all the young prospects and loan them out for 5 years with a lower league club paying their wages.

It does, but the flip side is; a player like Beadle can't work his way up like he has (Crewe L2 -> Oxford in L1 -> us in the Championship).

Take your point though as in days gone by you loaned a player out to get better and come back to play for you (like we did with Palmer back in the day)

Edited by Otto_Man

2 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

It does, but the flip side is; a player like Beadle can't work his way up like he has (Crewe L2 -> Oxford in L1 -> us in the Championship).

Take your point though as in days gone by you loaned a player out to get better and come back to play for you (like we did with Palmer back in the day)

He could transfer to a higher club each time, with the fees that entails.

As it stands, he's just a no downside PSR tool for Brighton and the clubs get no benefit that they wouldn't have otherwise.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

They will surely be looking to move him on?

Contracted til June 2027 and on £19k a week. 

They put feelers out for a sale in July but the £3m fee put a lot of clubs off. Next is loaning him out and Blackburn have enquired as part of the Szmodics deal but the rumour is Mr Hirst is reluctant. 

As far as I'm aware no one else is tracking him. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Blade at work reckons they have finalised the Rak Sakyi deal.  £2m loan fee with an extra £2m if promoted.  

Jeez - he has only played at League One hasn't he ?  Good numbers but so had Shodipo when we signed him.  Hopefully same impact. 

That's what's been reported. Mental figures.

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Blade at work reckons they have finalised the Rak Sakyi deal.  £2m loan fee with an extra £2m if promoted.  

Jeez - he has only played at League One hasn't he ?  Good numbers but so had Shodipo when we signed him.  Hopefully same impact. 

Pig fan at work reckons this is the best transfer window they have ever had. 🤣

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

They put feelers out for a sale in July but the £3m fee put a lot of clubs off. Next is loaning him out and Blackburn have enquired as part of the Szmodics deal but the rumour is Mr Hirst is reluctant. 

He was at Blackburn before wasn't he? One of his goalless loan spells if I remember right?!

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Pig fan at work reckons this is the best transfer window they have ever had. 🤣

Well I think they are being a bit more sensible as their needs must, but still with the financial advantage over most the EFL.

They were better when they had a team that came through the divisions. 

And  you can see Wilder doing that again 

The biggest risk this season is Wednesday fans being fixated by them over everything else. I prefer not being in the same division as them - but preferably the one above 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well I think they are being a bit more sensible as their needs must, but still with the financial advantage over most the EFL.

The biggest risk this season is Wednesday fans being fixated by them over everything else. I prefer not being in the same division as them - but preferably the one above 

Fuck em, pig *****. They are run by *****, managed by a **** and have a fanbase full of *****.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Fuck em, pig *****. They are run by *****, managed by a **** and have a fanbase full of *****.

Well I can't disagree with any of that.

I am just disappointed they may have stopped fucking up

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Think the signings are very good but their different types of player to what Wilders handled in past.  Let's see if they buy into the "yoonited  pashun" that that prick desires.

17 hours ago, Tylluan said:

He had a previous nightmare loan spell at Blackburn & their fans actually hate him!

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

And the winner of agent of the year goes to Keypass AS who, after getting £14m out of Burnley for Sander Berge now mugs Fulham for £20m +£5m in add ons for the same player

Pigs have a sell on clause don't they?