NON Wednesday transfer thread 24/25

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Been out of football since leaving Blackpool 14 months ago.

I'd forgotten Hartlepool had gone non-League again.  

By coincidence we went in Hospitality once there when he scored for us. An excellent day out!  

Edited by Owling_Wolf

34 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Is it just me can't get their head round the fact it's over 10 years since he signed for us and not only is he still playing, but he's actually only 31?

It's probably because he played like a 41 year old when he played for us. 

15 hours ago, Southy_SWFC said:

It's probably because he played like a 41 year old when he played for us. 

As I've mentioned on here before, May's time at Hillsborough could've been looked back on very differently.

He arrived with a reputation as a goalscorer, and he was definitely that in Scotland (yes, I know, "pub league", etc.).

He did score a handful in sunny Sheffield. However, he was also a bit unlucky with disallowed goals (very tight calls) and hitting the woodwork (not the aim of the game!).

Following his move to PNE, he picked up a bad knee injury and was never the same player, even upon his return home.

We made a profit out of him, so absolutely nothing negative to say about the guy. An honest professional who was virtually millimetres away from scoring 15 to 20 goals in the blue and white stripes and being thought of in the same bracket as Steven MacLean.

Good luck Mr May 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Apparently pigs have received a bid from Leeds for midfielder Hamer, knowing them they will turn it down and then accept a lower bid later in week. 😂

Hes a good player, and I don’t think they’ll be able to keep hold of him. Hopefully some pigonomics kick in and they get less than they paid for him too. 🤣

Auston Trusty, of those S2 types. Subject to a £5m bid from Celtic apparently.

And, those S2 types, if they had any thoughts of getting Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, which was mooted by some of them I saw online... Look set to miss out on that as he's off to Ajax.

The pigs were hoping to have certain guarantees in place for the takeover to avoid a bit of a fire sale. Quite a few clubs know this hence the bids coming in.

Those guarantees still don’t exist so there might be some emergency sales in the next few days to keep the banks at bay.

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Decent move for all concerned that one although do think Sterling is better than Sancho who I have never really got.

It could be a cracking bit of business for United. Sterling is only 29. Guarantees you at least 10 goals a season and is a good pro.

Sancho would go to Chelsea to simply be 3rd or 4th choice wide midfield.

What is clear is that the manager is not signing most of the players at Chelsea.

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Pigs thought they were close to signing Mikey Johnson from Celtic yesterday but he's turned them down to sign for West Brom. 

Didn’t he have a decent loan spell with Baggies last season?

When West Brom came in for him, I suspect it was a no brainer for him: coaches and team mates you know and get on with, or Wilder and the numerous player departures that seem to be on the cards.

39 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

Didn’t he have a decent loan spell with Baggies last season?

When West Brom came in for him, I suspect it was a no brainer for him: coaches and team mates you know and get on with, or Wilder and the numerous player departures that seem to be on the cards.

Yeah had a productive time at The Hawthorns.

4 hours ago, Reesh said:

£10m deal.

Ridiculous, hope it goes tits up for the *****.

Rumours that the final deal is up to £20m, £15m of that guaranteed and with a 20% sell on. Totally agree on hoping they fuck up. 

7 hours ago, Gamblor said:

Rumours that the final deal is up to £20m, £15m of that guaranteed and with a 20% sell on. Totally agree on hoping they fuck up. 

If they do the will be laughing all around the world 

• Haha 1