NON Wednesday transfer thread 24/25

Preceding @mkowl's Nice Day Out™️ in 2016, we beat Brighton in the Semi Final.

This transfer window, they've spent £200m on players to cement their Premier League status, which I don't think they'll ever lose now, and we get excited about potentially borrowing some of their kids.

Cheers Carlos 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Cheers Carlos 

If we'd have gone up under Carlos, especially that first year, then DC would have been bled dry by Doyen and we'd have seen a number of very expensive, little known or well past it, players come in and been back down the following season with a massive wage bill and not being able to shift the dross taking the shirts. 

And when we fell back down it would have been worse than the wilderness years of the early 2000s

At least now if, by some miracle, we do make the PL then Chansiri is a little more savvy and we have a buying structure in place that doesn't bring in players like Urby Emanuelson and Darryl Lachman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

This transfer window, they've spent £200m on players to cement their Premier League status, which I don't think they'll ever lose now, and we get excited about potentially borrowing some of their kids.

Cheers Carlos 

Only hope is Tony Bloom dropping dead.

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Cheers Carlos 

Thing is Brighton had a plan off the pitch and us beating them in that game ultimately only deferred the outcome. Yes money has helped a lot, but the organisation off it and not budging from the plan. 

I always said the success the first season was a double edged sword. And then chasing it the 2nd season, I fully get the why but it was shit or boom, we got the shit.

33 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Thing is Brighton had a plan off the pitch and us beating them in that game ultimately only deferred the outcome. Yes money has helped a lot, but the organisation off it and not budging from the plan. 

I always said the success the first season was a double edged sword. And then chasing it the 2nd season, I fully get the why but it was shit or boom, we got the shit.

Brighton are also heavily in debt to their owner and don't own their ground but Maguire (who supports them) ignores this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2024 at 17:25, owl4ever1867 said:

Keifer Moore joins Sheffield United.

On 15/07/2024 at 17:40, Reesh said:

Moore turns 32 next and is on a 3 year deal, that's the sort of shit we were doing in 2018!!

In fairness, he's earning his coin at the moment.  Been impressed with him for Wales in the Nations League thingy as well.

Hopes he'd picked up a serious injury first game, but he eventually got up and had a head bandage on last night - not quite Terry Butcher style though.

45 minutes ago, Skamp said:

In fairness, he's earning his coin at the moment.  Been impressed with him for Wales in the Nations League thingy as well.

Hopes he'd picked up a serious injury first game, but he eventually got up and had a head bandage on last night - not quite Terry Butcher style though.

Closet Pig and Closet Leeds fan, how sickening