Players Out Of Contract

29 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Fat Lad Evans always wanted to manage us. Now he's getting Wednesday reserves. 

I think he needs it just so he can talk about Wednesday letting players go next season now that we didn’t end up in their league. 

29 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Pol. V, Iorfa, Valery, Delgado, Palmer Phutti and the young Brazilian on the right.

Who's missing out?

I wouldn't be surprised to see us cashing in on Pol.

Delgado has left.

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yeah, his mate on the pitchside podcast talking about it without directly mentioning Josh.

So much for this kissing the badge shit. I wish players wouldn’t bother. 
I don’t blame them for getting the best deal they can, but stop with the “I love this club and its fans” shite 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beaconowl said:

So much for this kissing the badge shit. I wish players wouldn’t bother. 
I don’t blame them for getting the best deal they can, but stop with the “I love this club and its fans” shite 

Sadly they do it to put the pressure on the club from the fans to keep them IMO, possibly over cynical but there you go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Sadly they do it to put the pressure on the club from the fans to keep them IMO, possibly over cynical but there you go. 

The anti Chansiri stuff is already starting.

DR wants to keep him so Chansiri has to pay him whatever he wants.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Yeah, makes no sense, even the top managers get told they have parameters on players over 30 with injuries.

Id estimate a contract for Windass is anything from 750k to 1m a year so over two or three years plus any signing on fee it adds up with no chance to recoup. 

Id like him to stay but has to be a call with the emotion taken out of it as I reckon 15-20k a week gets us a good replacement 

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

The same person could both want him to stay and be unwilling to meet his demands. As much as Chansiri is the one who puts money in, Röhl will have less money available for other players if the club overpays. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Is anyone really that arsed if Windass goes? Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player, but I don't think he's done a full season since we signed him. Certainly not worth breaking the bank for imo...

Injured too often. 

Wrong side of 30.

Good luck Josh 

• Like 4

Thought West Brom might have learned their lesson after signing Adam Reach.

Clearly not if these rumours are true! 😂

As others have said, not worth breaking the bank for given his injury record. I’m thinking that way a little about Poveda too, because as much as I rate him he can’t contribute much to the first team from the treatment table.

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Injured too often. 

Wrong side of 30.

Good luck Josh 

I'm not too far away from here either. He's been a DECENT player and on his day, he's very good. But his days aren't often enough for me to think we should push the boat out too far.

• Like 2

I think re signing him is a bit of a comfort blanket for a team in transition as we look to develop younger players. He is very professional and a key part of the squad and has a bit of quality to get points on the board whereas others may need to settle. But there’s only so much you can pay for that with no return and presumably that is what we have weighed up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoylandOwl said:

Seen another ‘transfers’ thing on X which  I can’t say I’ve noticed is particularly bang on in the past saying, Bernard to sign 2 year deal 

That account seems to be spamming a lot of things that are plausible. Probably to then claim credit in a week’s time on the one thing they did guess correctly and delete posts about the five things that didn’t. 

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

If it wasn't for his injury I reckon DR would have made a player out of him like he did with Pol. 

I concur. While he wasn’t spectacular, I thought it looked like he had some potential and not the absolute travesty that many others thought he was

He was one of a very small number who didn't actually look that bad under thong song. Suspect we were only planning to keep one of him or Valentin and Pol was great towards the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Get big Dish done and this is as good a summer as I can remember in recent years

Talks ongoing but feel we must put a deadline of this week really 

• Like 1