The win that takes us close but not certain of safety WBA match thread

An absolutely fantastic performance from all the players, they were all superb today, thought Vaulks was outstanding yet again in the middle of the park, Ugbo ran his heart out up top and didn't give WBA defenders a breather, thought Iorfa & Bernard were brilliant at the back, Beadle was outstanding in the 2nd half, those saves he made, you can see he is one for the future.

My Man of the Match was Musaba who I thought cause WBA problems all afternoon with his trickery & pace, they couldn't handle him.

Fantastic afternoon, brilliant performance.

Last but not least - 

Thank you Danny Rohl you have bought this club & fans back together again, you made us believe again.

WAWAW 🦉

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, NorwichOwl said:

Danny R and I share a birthday tomorrow, albeit 52 years apart, and today's result (and PERFORMANCE) will keep the silly grin on my face even if I don't get any presents. 

The best present. Have a great day tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just a very controlled display for 70 minutes, you do that every week over the course of a season - you’ll not be far off.

First half, very disciplined with and without the ball. Second half, Rohl clearly told the front three to press like their lives depended on it, and we caused chaos.

The third goal and the changes caused our levels to drop a bit, but Beadle and the back three were very good, as was Vaulks in front.

I thought Iorfa, Beadle, Vaulks, Bannan and Bernard were very good. I thought Musaba and Ugbo were excellent.

A point does it next weekend, but we have to go and try and win. So it’s not over yet, we need a Hull win tonight to pile the pressure on Norwich.

• Like 1

That’s as good a professional performance I’ve seen from a Wednesday team in a long time. I really enjoyed it and whilst your always thinking don’t mess it up now, I never felt we would.

The crowd were excellent today, except that handful of morons that ran on the pitch, the tool that decided to wave the corner flag at the stewards needs banning for a long time.

Yes we’ve had better players and squads of players but not always the best team. Every single players that played today deserves credit for what they did whether that was the front 3, midfielders, defence or goalie and the subs that came on.

Fingers crossed we are in the Championship next season and I’m sure there will be changes but there are players in that squad that DR can get a tune out of if he decides to keep them, of course some of the decisions will be dependent on what he thinks he can bring in but I suspect most of those out of contract would jump at staying at Hillsborough with this manager.

• Like 1

Probably the most deserved win of the season that. An absolute dogged and determined performance, which was epitomised by two of our goals which came from us just not giving up despite the first attempts being blocked/saved. 

There was a smattering of quality too, of course. 

• Like 3

In a different note, the result notwithstanding, that was the best game of proper football I've seen in a long while.

End to end, both teams grafting, no long breaks in play, no time wasting, no rolling around or gamesmanship.

Just 2 teams giving it their best, especially in the second half.

• Like 7

This looks better tonight, score is Hull 0 - 1 Ipswich on this, but you might be looking in another area...

27Apr2024.thumb.PNG.2a8077ccd13071aaf1128f351ceac578.PNG

You might like this one as well, score is Villa 1 - 0 Chelsea on this, but you might be looking in another area...

GruntersDOWN27Apr2024.thumb.PNG.114c43e2abf2419757d9546c0c22b31f.PNG

3 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Brilliant Wednesday, great finish to the season whatever eventually happens and a fantastic win today, just need to not lose to the Makems next week which we have every chance of doing.

Could even be enough already, Huddersfield are as good as down and Plymouth and Birmingham both at home and needing to win against top sides, going to be a long week this is.

A massive 16/1 against the drop now, wonder how much a Birmingham and Plymouth home double would pay, just for the sake of a bit of insurance to get us over the line as I'm so unlucky with the bookies.

7.4/1 For Plymouth and Brum home double next week.

You would add in the odds for a Sunderland home win too, hence the 16/1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Of all the days to be goading the owner, after a 3-0 win, we want him to be keeping DR and talking about he backs him next season and we have dipsticks like this.

I agree with DC for pushing away the knob.

Father and son - a pair of full weight nobs. Hit my son 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorwichOwl said:

Danny R and I share a birthday tomorrow, albeit 52 years apart, and today's result (and PERFORMANCE) will keep the silly grin on my face even if I don't get any presents. 

20240427_132651.jpg

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

What kind of father does that?

Imagine bringing your son up to think that's acceptable and then being thick enough to put it all online.

This has really irked me

Fucking disgusting 

Totally agree. It's called respect and sadly far too many people have zero understanding of what that means

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Of all the days to be goading the owner, after a 3-0 win, we want him to be keeping DR and talking about he backs him next season and we have dipsticks like this.

I agree with DC for pushing away the knob.

Fucking state of this father and son 

Hope chansiri bans em for life 

along with that fucking meth head who grabbed the corner flag 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Theman said:

Completely wrong I predicted only a draw today, we will get one point at Sunderland, first time in my life I’ve uttered the words ‘cmon Hull!’ 

Ha you're a tit