24-25 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT, Amazon dictates.

9 hours ago, Reesh said:

Be on ifollow.

Which if in Spain he could officially watch I guess.

The rest of us may be in some virtual offshore location. I pay for a Spanish office these days as well

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skamp said:

Hole in your Hearts.

Second half delayed at Hearts as there was a hole in the roof of the net and two blokes had to come out with a stepladder and some string to tie it back together.

I kid ye not.

The reason they didn't spot it during the first half was that Hearts never ventured anywhere near the fucking goal 😠

On 31/08/2024 at 14:47, Harry Lime said:

He got them a pen.

I've seen highlights of that game, never a penalty in a million years, Wilks clearly dived and should have been booked for it, no wonder Huddersfield bench went nuts and they had 2 sent off. Sending off was very harsh on Huddersfield player too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I've seen highlights of that game, never a penalty in a million years, Wilks clearly dived and should have been booked for it, no wonder Huddersfield bench went nuts and they had 2 sent off. Sending off was very harsh on Huddersfield player too. 

Yes, that was my impression as well, I thought it was soft.

• Like 2

Hamer's "challenge" by the touchline in injury time was a red all day long 

Clearly peed off he hasn't left that shithole he's trying to get suspended as much as possible 

Edited by JBO

1 minute ago, Reesh said:

They will still do more work tomorrow than anyone in Rotherham 

Loads work at our place at Ecclesfield, most of them live in Barnsley. 

They do more work than me and are always grabbing overtime. 😂

• Like 1

Jim Magilton on BBC after N Ireland beat Luxembourg 2-0, bigging up shea Charles.

I've tried for 5 mins to paste url.

Sorry not a clue!!

Easily found though if you want a look, on match reporting

1 hour ago, Lee said:

Jim Magilton on BBC after N Ireland beat Luxembourg 2-0, bigging up shea Charles.

I've tried for 5 mins to paste url.

Sorry not a clue!!

Easily found though if you want a look, on match reporting

I watched it, poor opponents, but he did well and got a good 80 mins under his belt.

Peacock Farrell though, fuck me still terrible..

Disappointed that Carsley won't be singing the national anthem, more because his explanation that he is in the zone not that it's a tuneless piece of dirge and why would I want God - who doesn't exist - save a bunch of people that screwed the population to gain hereditary power

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Disappointed that Carsley won't be singing the national anthem, more because his explanation that he is in the zone not that it's a tuneless piece of dirge and why would I want God - who doesn't exist - save a bunch of people that screwed the population to gain hereditary power

Bit early in the morning for all that, though do mostly agree 🤣

How many sports players of any nation belt out their national anthem these days?

The camera runs down the line as the anthems are playing and most are just stood there. 

It's been extremely noticeable on the Olympic and Paralympic podiums this year. Although I did catch a Paralympic medal ceremony where an Italian had won gold and was visibly moved when the whole crowd started clapping along to the anthem. Then again, the Italians have a cracking anthem. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

How many sports players of any nation belt out their national anthem these days?

The camera runs down the line as the anthems are playing and most are just stood there. 

It's been extremely noticeable on the Olympic and Paralympic podiums this year. Although I did catch a Paralympic medal ceremony where an Italian had won gold and was visibly moved when the whole crowd started clapping along to the anthem. Then again, the Italians have a cracking anthem. 

Yes, they do. Always makes me smile.  Especially compared to our dirge.

17 minutes ago, fOWLmouth said:

Exactly.Give us something worth singing to and more people will join in.

It's not like we don't have options for an England anthem.  The Scots & Welsh have adopted popular 'anthems' for their individual teams. No worries about them not getting sung. 

Goo on then: I'll start us off.  'Land of hope and glory.'   No matter how inappropriate the title may seem at the moment, what a chuffing tune THAT is!   

• Like 1