24-25 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT, Amazon dictates.

26-4 to Portugal on shots so hardly undeserved.

Spain winning 4-1 away against Switzerland after playing most of the match with ten men, just in case anyone had any lingering doubts as to who the best side in Europe is.

8 hours ago, owl71 said:

26-4 to Portugal on shots so hardly undeserved.

Spain winning 4-1 away against Switzerland after playing most of the match with ten men, just in case anyone had any lingering doubts as to who the best side in Europe is.

I take it we are ruling out the Swiss....

Gibraltar 🇬🇮 and Liechtenstein 🇱🇮, who both haven’t won an official game in 4 years, went head-to-head in a Nations League thriller yesterday in what is proving to be one of the best things to come out of thie frowned upon Nations League with the minnows of European football actually playing competitive matches.

With the score at 1-1 going into the 82nd minute this is what unfolded!

𝟖𝟐’ - Gibraltar 🇬🇮 miss a penalty to take the lead
𝟴𝟵’ - Another Gibraltar 🇬🇮 penalty is ruled out by VAR 🙅‍♂️
𝟵𝟬+𝟰’ - Liechtenstein 🇱🇮 score in injury time, but once again it’s ruled out by VAR 🙅‍♂️
𝟵𝟬+𝟳’ - Gibraltar 🇬🇮 score and think they’ve won the game
𝟵𝟬+𝟭𝟬’ - Liechtenstein 🇱🇮 get a penalty and a Gibraltar substitute player gets sent off in a fight 😡
𝟵𝟬+𝟭𝟰’ - Liechtenstein 🇱🇮 go level with the last kick of the ball 🤯

5 Gibraltar players were booked 🟨 plus 1 player sent off 🟥

10 Liechtenstein players were booked 🟨 including the manager!

San Marino still top the group, a group of which in our opinion is the best group in the competition!

Grabbed from one of the many football pages on FB

• Like 2

Again, to not get carried away, because Finland are also a mid table championship side. But it’s lovely to see a team full of players really want to dominate the ball.

Some good displays. The two full backs and two lads in the middle of the park have been really good, as has Grealish (again) and Kane.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Again, to not get carried away, because Finland are also a mid table championship side. But it’s lovely to see a team full of players really want to dominate the ball.

Some good displays. The two full backs and two lads in the middle of the park have been really good, as has Grealish (again) and Kane.

💯 

10 hours ago, KrolMong said:

It'll be interesting to see if Bellingham and/or Foden are shoehorned in to a side that looked very balanced and in tune without them.

I enjoyed last night's match and whilst we played well, I think that was a combination of a hell of a lot of players with a point to prove (Grealish, TAA, Gomes, Lewis, Eze, Bowen, Gordon and even Rice and Kane following the euros) and a really sub standard opposition (Finland brought on a lad in the second half who plays in League 1).

We also could (and probably should) have easily been 2 down if Finland had shown more composure in front of goal.

Carsley won't get the job though, I'm convinced of that. I half expect him to be managing Everton before the season is out...

5 hours ago, Tylluan said:

It'll be interesting to see if Bellingham and/or Foden are shoehorned in to a side that looked very balanced and in tune without them.

100% agree Ty.

I’d put Palmer ahead of Foden in the pecking order anyway, although you’d argue that Palmer is a direct threat to Saka.

Bellingham is an odd one. Elite footballer who doesn’t have a nailed down position, even at club level.

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

100% agree Ty.

I’d put Palmer ahead of Foden in the pecking order anyway, although you’d argue that Palmer is a direct threat to Saka.

Bellingham is an odd one. Elite footballer who doesn’t have a nailed down position, even at club level.

I know he is currently injured but think Bellingham will feature less for Madrid this year.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Skamp said:

I think Dull are being wank on purpose to piss Wednesday fans off.

I sometimes think that modern coaches try to be far too clever for their own good. I am sure the Hull bloke knows what he is trying to achieve - it may all come together at some point - but half the time it looks hopeless

38 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I sometimes think that modern coaches try to be far too clever for their own good. I am sure the Hull bloke knows what he is trying to achieve - it may all come together at some point - but half the time it looks hopeless

Sounds familiar 

11 hours ago, Skamp said:

I know it's the pigs, but that's a foul and not a shoulder charge.

I thought same, that's 2 Friday night games that pigs have been gifted 2-0 wins. 

Wtf was Hull player doing for first goal? 🙄

Almost 68% possession Hull and produced very little in front of goal apart from header that hit bar, 16 corners they had and pigs scored from 2 of them. 

Ps that Hamer as got some reight timber on him, definitely a salad dodger. 🤣

22 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I thought same, that's 2 Friday night games that pigs have been gifted 2-0 wins. 

Wtf was Hull player doing for first goal? 🙄

Almost 68% possession Hull and produced very little in front of goal apart from header that hit bar, 16 corners they had and pigs scored from 2 of them. 

Ps that Hamer as got some reight timber on him, definitely a salad dodger. 🤣

Hamer is the midfielder we wish Bannan was.

• Like 1