24-25 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT, Amazon dictates.

The TV production values of Sky can never be questioned, but certainly this season the growing trend of focusing on a narrative. Of not having neutral panel guests, the nauseating commentary that Drury does especially that first Liverpool game. 

I blame the youngsters

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

The TV production values of Sky can never be questioned, but certainly this season the growing trend of focusing on a narrative. Of not having neutral panel guests, the nauseating commentary that Drury does especially that first Liverpool game. 

I blame the youngsters

Why, what have us youngsters done wrong now?  👀

7 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Why, what have us youngsters done wrong now?  👀

The fact that football does not need a narrative, because the game itself is the narrative. I only put on the Brum game just after kickoff just as Wrexham scored, but the cut away shots were constantly showing Tom Brady, with Beckham next to him. The commentary actually was not too dwelling on it, because ultimately it was a decent match.

That is my point, the football will create the storyline, like the 93rd to 95th minute on Saturday. It doesn't need the sub stories to make it interesting. Afterwards yep. 

My point is that the youngsters have the attention span of a gnat so you have to create a story as well. No need, just watch the ruddy game. The same wankers who go to a gig and watch most of it via their phone

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

The fact that football does not need a narrative, because the game itself is the narrative. I only put on the Brum game just after kickoff just as Wrexham scored, but the cut away shots were constantly showing Tom Brady, with Beckham next to him. The commentary actually was not too dwelling on it, because ultimately it was a decent match.

That is my point, the football will create the storyline, like the 93rd to 95th minute on Saturday. It doesn't need the sub stories to make it interesting. Afterwards yep. 

My point is that the youngsters have the attention span of a gnat so you have to create a story as well. No need, just watch the ruddy game. The same wankers who go to a gig and watch most of it via their phone

Whoosh...

21 hours ago, Reesh said:

This yank wank fest on Sky is nauseating.

I saw the pre match interview with Tom Brady and the Brum chairman. It did make me laugh when the interviewer (no idea who he was) spoke about Brady in the third person to the chairman, while he was stood there between the sky bloke and the chairman and Brady hammered him for it. 

9 hours ago, mkowl said:

.My point is that the youngsters have the attention span of a gnat so you have to create a story as well. 

This pisses me off at our house, I’ll put a game on and the young lad in our house will say he wants to watch it, ten mins in there’s no goals so he fecks off back to TikTok or some other bullshit and then proceeds to tell me the next day what happened even though I watched the game. 

That said though, since he’s started coming to S6 with me he’s glued to it when he’s in the ground now