24-25 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT, Amazon dictates.

59 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

If you take out the Fergie years, they've been shite since the late 1960s.

The issue for them is Fergie squeezed a quart out of a pint pot for a few years. Helped as other clubs re-grouped but then sped past them.

I suspect Ten Hag will be gone fairly soon, he has lost the players but their problems run a lot deeper 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The issue for them is Fergie squeezed a quart out of a pint pot for a few years. Helped as other clubs re-grouped but then sped past them.

I suspect Ten Hag will be gone fairly soon, he has lost the players but their problems run a lot deeper 

Complete shambles today, Spurs aren't great themselves but could have scored several more goals.

Edited by bradowl

7 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

If you take out the Fergie years, they've been shite since the late 1960s.

No League titles, true ... but seven domestic cups, a European trophy, and a few Charity Shields in that stretch.  I fairly loathe them, but if I'm honest, I'd probably take being that kind of shite.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pook said:

No League titles, true ... but seven domestic cups, a European trophy, and a few Charity Shields in that stretch.  I fairly loathe them, but if I'm honest, I'd probably take being that kind of shite.  

How can you "loathe" them you're an American playing at being a footy fan....

46 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Bournemouth v Southampton tonight

50p says this will be called 'the south coast derby'

Frankly, no one outside the south coast will give a flying fuck about watching this game.

I'm going to watch it. It will make a nice change from watching the usual Premier league clubs that are on all time. 

Well done to Hearts on doing their bit to improve Scottish teams' co-efficient with a 2-1 win over Dinamo Minsk last night.

The match was played behind closed doors in Azerbaijan of all places. Apparently this is UEFA's way of punishing Belarusians for supporting Russia...

The game itself was even more tedious than Wednesday's goalless draw in Bristol 22 hours earlier. However 2 good things to come out of it:

Firstly, and somewhat embarrassingly, it was their first win this season.

Secondly, it's €400K gratefully received 👍

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Brighton, plus Brentford.  Teams we laughed at when we beat them in the play offs.

Cue the luddites 

"I waint pay£xxx  to watch us int Prem"*

"no players worth that"**

"it's not proper football"***

*then don't

**they are

***it's more 'proper' than whatever level it is we play at 

31 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

You should delete this, H12P. They'll know it's you that knobbled him.  👀

There was 7 who got the right score .... If we all stay schtum they'll never find out who it was

I mean it's not football but might be a few interested to know that Threads is being shown on BBC 4 tonight. 40 years after it first scared the shit out of my generation. A dystopian winter of despair and suffering, but enough of the days watching us playing Stevenage and Yeovil, this was about the world after a nuclear attack.

Part of it was filmed on what were derelict houses opposite Hillsborough park, where the leisure centre is now situated. 

Be interesting to re-watch that's for sure 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I mean it's not football but might be a few interested to know that Threads is being shown on BBC 4 tonight. 40 years after it first scared the shit out of my generation. A dystopian winter of despair and suffering, but enough of the days watching us playing Stevenage and Yeovil, this was about the world after a nuclear attack.

Part of it was filmed on what were derelict houses opposite Hillsborough park, where the leisure centre is now situated. 

Reliving your youth? 

Mrs shows Threads every year in school as part of RS and ethics. It's to highlight what could happen if no common ground can be found. 

It really opens the eyes of the COD generation and the way video games glamourise war in a way not seen since the beginning of WW1 when war was a 'big adventure' and all home by Christmas after seeing off the Bosche

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mkowl said:

Still not watched it.  Must see if its on catch up.

Back when it was released I refused to watch it even though my parents said I could.  It used to give me nightmares.

I remember the animated film about a Nuclear War by Raymond Briggs - When the Wind Blows I think and that scared me shitless.

59 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Still not watched it.  Must see if its on catch up.

Back when it was released I refused to watch it even though my parents said I could.  It used to give me nightmares.

I remember the animated film about a Nuclear War by Raymond Briggs - When the Wind Blows I think and that scared me shitless.

Its on BBC 4 and Iplayer tonight - you haven;t missed it 

• Like 1

The 'give Carsley the job permanently' bubble seems to have burst. 

Funny how England look worse with Bellingham playing.

Solanke, Watkins, and Madueke must be wondering why they bothered turning up. No Kane so no forward. Doesn't exactly breed confidence in those 3 does it

I like the idea of England playing without a recognised centre forward.  Not so keen on playing without a midfield.  Surely five wingers/wing forwards/inside forwards/number 10s is one too many?  We need an extra centre mid in there even against this opposition.

40 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

The 'give Carsley the job permanently' bubble seems to have burst. 

Funny how England look worse with Bellingham playing.

Solanke, Watkins, and Madueke must be wondering why they bothered turning up. No Kane so no forward. Doesn't exactly breed confidence in those 3 does it

He is taking too many touches and is very greedy IMO

• Like 1