What's in the mix to get your non Wednesday fix

2 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

On the train from Philadelphia to New York City to catch our flight from JFK to Manchester

its been a long time

Cities in order of preference

Fort Wayne

Chicago

Boston

New York

Baltimore

Washington 

Have that, Southy.  

... yeah, I heard ya.  

• Haha 1

Gig season for our gang, starting with....

James/Razorlight next Saturday at Leeds,

Foo Fighters on the 13th @MCR

Manics/Suede @ Millenium Sq. Leeds

Inspiral Carpets @ Devils Arse

Tramlines, All 3 days, including Tramlines Fringe in town!

Then after the season starts ...

Ocean Colour Scene/ Mike Peters & The Alarm @ Engine Shed Lincoln

The Cult @ Barbican York

Shed7 MCR

• Like 3

Back to Belle Vue on Friday night to watch Wakefield Trinity v Dewsbury Rams in the RL Championship.

Looking at the table it’s safe to say we’ve had worse seasons. 9 league games, 9 wins. Not a complete surprise though given we’re the only full-time fully professional team in the league. Not used to us doing so well and I can honestly say I don’t particularly enjoy watching us trounce sides so easily. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/championship/table

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Back to Belle Vue on Friday night to watch Wakefield Trinity v Dewsbury Rams in the RL Championship.

Looking at the table it’s safe to say we’ve had worse seasons. 9 league games, 9 wins. Not a complete surprise though given we’re the only full-time fully professional team in the league. Not used to us doing so well and I can honestly say I don’t particularly enjoy watching us trounce sides so easily. 

"Rams"?  Poor sods.

On 29/05/2024 at 19:22, Bellsview said:

Flew back from my daughter’s wedding in Barcelona yesterday and the Catalan Dragons were on the flight into Manchester. They said they’re playing St Helen tonight. There were some big units in that group but also noticeable that it was a very international group, ie Brits, Kiwis, French etc. Really sound bunch of blokes though, chatting with people and generally being good ambassadors for the game.

Its ages since I’ve been to a game, I might try and get to one in when I’m back over there later in the year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I wasn't expecting in the mix is my apparent  new career as a counsellor based on the last couple of days meetings with clients. I actually had one in tears earlier and it wasn't even me handing him the fee note