Euros 2024

52 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Fucking Plum with the wingbacks on wrong sides 

Tbf Saka on the right is working OK, but the other side as others say is like playing with the handbrake on.

4 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Kane looks fucked. 

If we had a brave manager, not Southgate he would sub him. 

Unfortunately Southgate fears the criticism if he did take him off and we then lost 

You need a player up there that can create space, make runs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If we had a brave manager, not Southgate he would sub him. 

Unfortunately Southgate fears the criticism if he did take him off and we then lost 

You need a player up there that can create space, make runs

TBF that normally is Kane, IMO. However, he just doesn’t look at the races 

Kane is strolling about like a pedestrian and hardly gets off the ground when trying to win a header.

Hard to know what to do to be honest, because for all his lack of play if he gets a decent chance he’s the one most likely to take it.

11 hours ago, Skamp said:

Big day

England v Switzerland 5pm BBC1

Netherlands v Turkey 8pm ITV1

Winning teams get to play each other in the semi-final next Wednesday

Today, I'll be watching England on my phone at East Midlands Airport until about 6.30pm and will try to keep up-to-date on the plane. Hopefully we'll win in normal time as we fly at 7.15.

Fingers crossed that I'm watching them again from a bar I'm Mallorca Wednesday night.

Have a good 'un, Skamp. I got home at daft o'clock in the night. Had eleven boozy nights on Madeira and now have big screen eyeballs from watching it outside bars n eating places.  Definitely a good way to see it and even managed some enjoyable walks too.

England were so bad at times that I actually chickened out of wearing an Eng fan shirt one Eng match night.  Wore it the night after we'd somehow won.  🙄

9 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

OwlsOnline can stand tall and proud, with Trent knowing that we've backed him every step of the way.   😇

Genuinely delighted that Saka scored his penalty after the last time 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Beaconowl said:

We deserved fuck all in that game.

Good pens mind

What really frustrates me is Southgate's reluctance to change it earlier, especially as you could see the Swiss were dominating and eventually scored. 

He then is forced to do something and we finally create a chance.

Posted (edited)

A wins a win.

Better all round really.

Changed it formation wise, we were the better team, yet had to come from behind again, but did.

I've been really critical about the previous 4 games, but we're in the semis now and it's numbers not pictures.

Edited by Lee
Apostrophe required!!!

Look at France, Netherlands a little less so. But two other teams in the semis that haven’t been blowing sides away. France especially… 

We're on a par with them IMO, Spain have stood above the rest, especially after beating Germany who were the other ‘form’ side if you look at it that way in terms of performance/‘good football’ IMO.

But, it means shit all, as Germany found out. Do what’s needed to win. 
No one will give a shit, if we win it by winning on pens, or 1-0 and fluke it. It doesn’t matter. 

Do what you need, to win. 

• Like 2

Such a strange feeling watching England as for the most part it’s been a case of waiting for them to get going which has drained a great deal of emotion out of it. But the Bellingham overhead kick, Sakas equaliser, those penalties were all world class. It just makes you wonder why we are hiding the talent until we really need to see it.

the French probably feel the same and their shoot out was well executed too

• Like 1

It was certainly better, first half, high and aggressive pressing, Mainoo was breaking into space behind there midfield. Foden and Bellingham looked like a tandem. Bellingham breaking beyond Kane and Foden popping up behind their midfield. Saka absolutely torturing the right side of Switzerlands defence.

Same old story though, they plugged the hole and got control in the second half and it took a Switzerland goal for Southgate to sort of it out. Shaw gave us balance, Palmer gave us a bit of different craft. We got control again.

We have some issues. Kane is a mile off it. Trippier does not work at left wing back. When teams put us under pressure, Mainoo struggles. All can be addressed with the return of Shaw.

Saka man of the match. 5 unsaveable pens. And we have a semi against Holland.

Kane wants dropping. Literally. 
yeah a wins a win but winning like that is wank, I’m no football expert mainly due to watching Wednesday for 35 years but fuck me it was crying out for some pace up front why doesn’t that **** ever change it when it needs changing.

• Like 1

The performance against Switzerland was better than the previous 4 but totally uninspiring.  

Might be an age thing but cannot get excited about England especially after these 5 performances.  I did not celebrate any of the penalties.  Mind, they were bloody good ones.

Everything is laboured and main protagonist is Kane.  Its like playing with 10.5 players. 

• Like 1

What annoys me is when we conceded we then started to really play and put the Swiss under pressure with Saka capping it off with a great goal but then instead of pushing on and trying to win the game we ease off again, bizarre and although the penalties were excellent (Toney's in particular) it's a lottery that could go either way, why take the risk.

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Served a 6 month ban for match fixing and Bellingham has criticised him in the past

Bellingham didn't just criticise him. He more or less accused him of match fixing again after he failed to give Dortmund a fairly decent penalty shout in a 3-2 loss. Bellingham got fined £40k for it. 

You've also got to chuck in the fact that Anthony Taylor didn't give the Germans a pen for a handball when they lost to Spain. 

So what are the odds on Bellingham to get booked in the first half and a Dutch penalty?

57 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Bellingham didn't just criticise him. He more or less accused him of match fixing again after he failed to give Dortmund a fairly decent penalty shout in a 3-2 loss. Bellingham got fined £40k for it. 

So what are the odds on Bellingham to get booked in the first half and a Dutch penalty?

Ask the ref……

• Haha 3