Euros 2024

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

The Spain v Croatia game is fucked. 

Michael Oliver in the middle and Stewart Attwell on VAR. 

Indeed....

Why wasn't Simon pulled up for leaving his line for the penalty 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LiamOwl said:

Of course pressure and confidence is all in the head, that’s kind of the point. 

I mean the actual concept of pressure and confidence. People / players believe in it because they constantly get told they exist.

There really is no excuse for an under par performance in a supposedly big game.

Likewise, there is also no reason as to why a striker who has scored 1 in his last 10 should treat a chance any differently to if he'd scored, say, 7 or 8 in his last 10.

Players are happy to believe any old guff. Forever looking for apparent explanations. And, of course, sports psychologists are delighted to entertain such nonsense as it keeps them in a job!

9 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Today

Group D

Poland v Netherlands 2pm BBC1

Group C

Slovenia v Denmark 5pm ITV1

Serbia v England 8pm BBC1

Predictions?

Group D

Poland v Netherlands 2pm BBC1 - 1-3

Group C

Slovenia v Denmark 5pm ITV1 - 0-2

Serbia v England 8pm BBC1 - 0-2

22 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Today

Group D

Poland v Netherlands 2pm BBC1

Group C

Slovenia v Denmark 5pm ITV1

Serbia v England 8pm BBC1

Predictions?

Good chance I may have a nap during the Slovenia v Denmark game, preparing for the eternal disappointment of watching England 

52 minutes ago, mkowl said:

First nut job been shot by police in Hamburg 

Independent is reporting police shot dead a man weilding a knife in Magdeburg after he killed one and injured two others on Friday night trying to get into a private party watching the game

Edited by Tylluan

10 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

England game tonight.William Hill.

They have their Epic odds offering even money on an England win, usually 1/2 or 4/9, maximum bet of £10. I've taken that as it'll keep me interested in the game at least.

New to this England supporting malarkey are we....

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

New to this England supporting malarkey are we....

The depressing familiarity of England fans being involved in trouble less so.

Wonders if they have weakened the coke not just the beer 

25 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Not so much new, more like estranged, disinterested, disenfranchised.

On another note, the commentary on both channels is abysmal, imo. 

Need the Sky commentators 

• Haha 1

It's Gareth's master plan. It's not 4-2-3-1. 

Alexander-Arnold is playing right back and it's 5-4-1. He's shit himself in the need to put at least a point on the board after Denmark drew

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

TAA is doing the Henderson role. He’s protecting that right side and allowing Saka to play right up the pitch.

He’s not been very good. As soon as he takes the ball on the half in midfield he gets in trouble.

Bellingham has been great, but he’s killing Foden because there is no pattern to his movement.

An amazing stat. Kane has touched the ball twice!!!

Our out is Walker and Saka who are absolutely terrorizing the left side of Serbia.

1 minute ago, Beaconowl said:

Typical of Southgates England, score a good goal then sit back and enjoy the view. Got lucky the Serbs couldn’t get a shot away 

Did we only get one shot on target? How TAA takes that free kick ahead of Foden or even Trippier.

If we're playing 2 in midfield, Rice needs a more accomplished 6 or 8 beside him.

Guehl done very well next to Stones but I think Serbia will be more confident coming out in the second half and pressure our midfield.

I'd swap Palmer for Trent and play 3-3 up front, with Rice holding and Palmer/Bellingham in front.

Saka playing beautifully and ask Foden to come inside.

Trippier is not helping Foden as he's having to turn onto his right too often 

After he scored and began to Lord it in midfield, I happened to remember the incredulous reactions when Brum retired Bellingham's shirt number when he left them to play abroad.  What was he, 16?  I might listen to them next time they do something like that.  😉

Targetting him with thuggery, these, aren't they. I'm only surprised Saka hasn't copped it too. They'd have to catch him first, I suppose!

• Like 1