Euros 2024

3 hours ago, Skamp said:

Denmark v England 5pm BBC1

Predictions for the England game

My prediction is that England will not be bold.

I expect them to be grey, dour, slow and predictable.

Could pinch an early goal and cling on for a narrow win, or lose an early goal and look toothless trying to equalise. Could easily go either way, but I don’t think we’ll hold out this time, so I’ll go for 1-1.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Technically you didn't score v Germany that was an OG

At the time, we hadn't scored last night either as they didn't give it to McTominay 'til around 70 minutes in.

I'm also convinced one of our 3 from Euro '92 was an o.g., rather than a Paul McStay goal. His shot hit the post and bounced in off the goalkeeper's napper. Might have been Dmitri Kharine? However, the Scottish media were desperate to put his name next to a tournament goal and, somehow, the history books didn't bother to adjust it.

What can I say? A record to be proud of 😀

10 minutes ago, Andyben said:

10 German bombers is about protecting England from Germans killing us.

Very different 

💯 correct! England was being attacked and the song is about the RAF defending our shores. 

On 17/06/2024 at 13:10, Tylluan said:

Unless there are injuries then the same 11 will start. Southgate will not drop anyone because that will add credibility to the Foden was shit and Alexander-Arnold can't play midfield chatter that's happening everywhere right now. 

And because it's happening everywhere, any deviation in team selection would be taken as 'Southgate got it wrong' or 'Southgate bows to social media pressure'. Either of which he'll be keen to show he didn't do. 

I thank you

6 hours ago, atroi said:

Interestingly Gündogan said in an interview regarding this, that he played several years in the premier league and if this goal hadn´t been allowed, the English would have laughed out loud.  There is this football expression in German "Englische Härte" (English hardness ) that would apply here. (Now waiting for the remarks 😉)

Anyway , even in my family we were of different opinions : my brother said it was a foul and I said ....meh

"meh"!    😋  👏

8 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I missed who gave it away, Skamp. Who was it?

I don’t know if this is a trap question.

agreed that Kane shouldn’t be that deep but he knows the score. 

• Like 1

This is an easy fix. Replace TAA with Gallagher, and do to them what they have done to us and press up the pitch.

Tell Foden and Saka to stand on the toes of the full backs.

I’d even be tempted to swap Kane for Watkins and go mobile.

• Like 4

No pattern or rhythm.  Our best moments are individual brilliance or opposition defensive mistakes.  It’ll be good enough to get out of the group, probably good enough for quarters, but we’re not looking like potential winners.

23 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Understand your frustration but it wasn’t Southgate that gave the ball away from our own throw in.

He's the dickhead that sets us up tactically in such a way that his one striker is in the left back position when it's our throw

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

This is an easy fix. Replace TAA with Gallagher, and do to them what they have done to us and press up the pitch.

Tell Foden and Saka to stand on the toes of the full backs.

I’d even be tempted to swap Kane for Watkins and go mobile.

We don’t look a team. Unbalanced to fuck. And Southgate won’t do anything about it.

20 minutes ago, Skamp said:

I don’t know if this is a trap question.

agreed that Kane shouldn’t be that deep but he knows the score. 

It isn’t mate, my stream decided to buffer at that point. I missed the fuck up

3 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

This has to be one of the most skilled England team we've had in a many a year yet the football we're watching is dire, boring to watch.

Time to go Gareth.

Shame he didn’t go at half-time!

Just now, owl71 said:

Loving TAA’s “world class” passing range.  Is it dependent on shirt colour, ie only pick him when England are wearing red?

Contributed fuck all in both games. Another Southgate masterstroke! 

"Gareth can you give us your thoughts on the game?"

"Well Kelly, I thought it was a game where two teams gave their all and the result shows that. We showed that we can battle when we need to and be resilient. I thought everyone played their part blah, blah, blah. It puts us in control of our destiny and I'm happy with a point"

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

That was absolutely horseshit. We score then Southgate’s team somehow manage to put the brakes on. And left the twat on.

Trent doesn’t work in midfield, we all knew it, everyone knows it except that clown in charge. 

• Like 1

Can't get angry or upset about this, it's been the same since 2018.

Nobody believed me back then when I said he should have been sacked and we fluked getting to th semi, but it was absolutely obvious he was mince.

We'd have won the  WC in 2018 under big Sam, and if you disagree you know nothing about football and perhaps Eddie Howe or Potter could have come in after him to win us the euros and in Qatar.

8 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Can't get angry or upset about this, it's been the same since 2018.

Nobody believed me back then when I said he should have been sacked and we fluked getting to th semi, but it was absolutely obvious he was mince.

We'd have won the  WC in 2018 under big Sam, and if you disagree you know nothing about football and perhaps Eddie Howe or Potter could have come in after him to win us the euros and in Qatar.

There were many saying England had a very favourable draw in 2018 and just lost each time they played a decent side (Belgium twice and Croatia). I totally agree that if you expected a different performance then you haven’t been paying attention. 

Allardyce though? Please.