Politics shit innit

43 minutes ago, Skamp said:

I mean, let's be right. Just looking at him tells you all you need to know l.

However, prejudices aside, I suspect some of those released didn't wish to be released and do reoffendedas soon as possible.

No home, no money, no food, no heating. What's outside waiting for them in fairness?

Inside for assaulting a woman, released then broke restraining order and assaulted her again within 24hrs.

Perhaos if TTK could actually define what a woman is he'd understand why men (real ones - in both senses of the word) do everything they can to protect them 

TTK taking a nice freebie from the government that funds and protects Hamas and Hezbollah before his decision to cut arms sales to Israel 

• Name of donor: (1) Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar (2) COP28 Presidency Office 
    Address of donor: (1) Almirqab Tower, West Bay, Doha, Qatar (2) Capital Plaza, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 
    Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) Private jet provided for return flights between Dubai and Doha, plus transportation, for me and three members of staff., value £25,508.83 (2) Airport transfer and daily travel by car during COP28 (value is approximate), value £765 
    Destination of visit: Qatar (Doha) and United Arab Emirates (Dubai) 
    Dates of visit: 30 November 2023 to 3 December 2023 
    Purpose of visit: Meeting with the Emir of Qatar, travelling from COP28 in Dubai. Attending COP28 as part of my frontbench role. 
    (Registered 13 December 2023; updated 18 December 2023)

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

@Skamp take a wild guess who decided not to prosecute Mohamed Al Fayed for the sexual assault of a 15 year old girl when he was DPP / head of CPS?

I think to be fair here Andy it is probably not a case that got anywhere to crossing his desk 

The Establishment paedo / sexual deviant ring would have ensured that did not happen anyway - too many vested interests there  

13 hours ago, Andyben said:

£107k in gifts since becoming leader of the Labour Party.

Why don't they lay tax on this?

Very interesting argument - because MP's etc are employees effectively and the tax code would ordinarily drag in a benefit in kind tax charge "by virtue of your employment" irrespective of whether its your employer or a third party that provides a gift or hospitality 

I suspect that parliament voted to exempt itself from this !

29 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think to be fair here Andy it is probably not a case that got anywhere to crossing his desk 

The Establishment paedo / sexual deviant ring would have ensured that did not happen anyway - too many vested interests there  

Not true... by that time the CPS had a special team dealing with high profile cases that did answer to the DPP.

6 hours ago, Andyben said:

@Skamp take a wild guess who decided not to prosecute Mohamed Al Fayed for the sexual assault of a 15 year old girl when he was DPP / head of CPS?

Was he too preoccupied worrying if he might be able to afford to go to Highbury at the time?

QT last night was dominated by an angry audience complaining furiously about the new government and it's WFA decision and the 'donations' - some female labour MP openly defended Starmer about his and his wife's clothing and the corporate box at Arsenal.

This angry audience btw was mainly Labour supporters - as Bruce declared it represented the way people voted and so had more Labour supporters in than other parties. 

3 things to come out of that

1. This angry audience were Labour voters 

2. They didn't see the irony that it was them that voted for this mob

3. If the beeb really wanted the audience to represent the way people had voted, there would be less Labour voters in the audience than there was to the point of being outnumbered.  Typical of the beeb to confuse the number of votes cast with the number of seats won

Edited by Skamp

On 18/09/2024 at 07:54, Skamp said:

Inflation remains at 2.2% disproving the claims by Labour that the economy was in a mess.

Interestingly, airfares have shot through the roof as, assumingly, the airlines are making hay while the sunshine seekers are now gaining the confidence to start going on holiday again and businessmen and women are going about their job of growing their company's business despite all the apparent doom and gloom.

If you introduce more money into the economy by giving say, huge payrises, what do you think might well happen? Hmm? Come on Rachel, answers on a postcard from Liverpool please  

You're not kidding.

I'm off to Tenerife next week, I'm lucky as I got the fare at a superb price, we paid £482 return for me and thr Wife flying from Bristol with Ryanair.

Ryanair now want £600

TUI - Flying from Cardiff want just over £1,000, absolutely ridiculous price.

On 20/09/2024 at 15:44, Skamp said:

Bruce declared it represented the way people voted and so had more Labour supporters in than other parties.

Bruce isn't the brightest button. She thought we were in autumn already, despite it actually starting tomorrow.

Not the first to make that mistake either. Obviously way too many folk watching weather forecasts.

10 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Bruce isn't the brightest button. She thought we were in autumn already, despite it actually starting tomorrow.

Not the first to make that mistake either. Obviously way too many folk watching weather forecasts.

I certainly don't remember QT being full of Brexiters or Tory supporters after 2016 and the last two GEs...

So far today we've learned:

1: Lord Alli chose the new influx of Labour MPs parachuted into safe seats, including Sue Grays Son;

2: his assistant is now Secretary of the Labour Party;

3: Sue Gray authorised Lord Alli's access all areas 10DS pass;

4: Labour took a £4m donation from from an offshore Private Equity Fund just before the  Election Funding rules came into play after Sunak's GE announce; and

5: In addition to increasing Alcohol duty Labour is going to limit the hours pubs, bars and clubsay open- reversing Blair's plans from 1997-2010

We've also learned that a non-binding vote on the removal of the WFA was initially kicked out, then reinstated back to chucking out time on Wednesday when the lights will be being turned off and Starmer and Reeves will have long since been heading back down to North London.  Unions not happy  

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Prison Unions boss pledges £10k in help for Cuba.

Labour looking to curtail press freedom (and exempt BBC)

Oh how funny it was watching the repeat of HIGNFY last night, laughing and joking about Boris with the usual lovies on there - that Steph McGowan (sp) and Carol Voderman (sp) all peeing themselves laughing along with the 2 captains.

I can't wait for the new series to be aired.  Or will we be having a break?

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

So Keir used Lord Alli's convent garden penthouse as his "home" when dojng covid era broadcasts which criticised BoJo and the Tories for breaking lockdown rules...

Wonder if Sue Gray will take him to task on it 

...and for his broadcast for the Queen's death.

Same apartment.

Neither of which were declared in th members interest register.

Broke lockdown rules and parliamentary rules.

Has he served longer than Liz Truss yet?

• Like 1

It's staggering, truly staggering the hyprocacy of the man.

The more you read his justification about staying at the £18m penthouse, so his kid could study for the GCSE exams but they forgot to leave once the exams had been taken, the more the spiteful introduction of vat on private schools shows up his true colours.  Politics of envy and politics of hyprocacy.

Now we find out that wife beaters were mistakenly released early from prison who've now disappeared off the radar.

Where's Tim gone?  I get he says he'll never be able to change mine, or @Andyben' s view, but he surely must have a view on this as it's nothing to do with political views?

TTK just announced a deal with Blackstone signed off in April by Rishi Sunak as his own...

...as Lolbour told their new non-Dom regulations will cost the country money and not raise anything. Pity they've already spent it several times over - as per their pre-election pledges

59 minutes ago, Skamp said:

It's staggering, truly staggering the hyprocacy of the man.

The more you read his justification about staying at the £18m penthouse, so his kid could study for the GCSE exams but they forgot to leave once the exams had been taken, the more the spiteful introduction of vat on private schools shows up his true colours.  Politics of envy and politics of hyprocacy.

Now we find out that wife beaters were mistakenly released early from prison who've now disappeared off the radar.

Where's Tim gone?  I get he says he'll never be able to change mine, or @Andyben' s view, but he surely must have a view on this as it's nothing to do with political views?

Tim said to me on X he has been banned from here 

36 minutes ago, Andyben said:

TTK just announced a deal with Blackstone signed off in April by Rishi Sunak as his own...

...as Lolbour told their new non-Dom regulations will cost the country money and not raise anything. Pity they've already spent it several times over - as per their pre-election pledges

Never really agreed with the non dom rules, the intended new ones are much fairer.

But then I could have predicted the net gain would be zero or worse, but the civil service and their impact assessments never did

TTK just remembered he'd had another £16k of clobber in Oct 2023 and Feb 2024, from his very special friend Waheed which he'd initially registered as private office expenses.

Seriously, are they fucking or something?

He could be gone by Christmas 

14 hours ago, Andyben said:

TTK just remembered he'd had another £16k of clobber in Oct 2023 and Feb 2024, from his very special friend Waheed which he'd initially registered as private office expenses.

Seriously, are they fucking or something?

He could be gone by Christmas 

The extreme left of Labour will be plotting his downfall and enjoying the pressure that he is under.

Who would get the gig? Rayner, Corbyn, Lammy, Khan?

A very frightening choice of replacements for TTK.

He broke electoral law by living in Waheeeds apartment, broke covid era guidance / rules (let's not forget he also was let off for the beer and curry night) and has misrepresented tens of thousands of pounds of gifts.

Any one of these three was broken by Sunak/Johnson he'd be calling for them to resign and face criminal action 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Supercockle said:

It’s a brutal goodbye. 

He's been reported to HoP standards commission as he failed to inform where 14 (FOURTEEN!!) of his staff members receive their income from.

Question. Who do you think has paid for all these staff...